Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

LADIES - Feel free to post.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317
Why the hell do women even want to mention that they are a women, and for that matter why do they want to post a picture of themselves?
I wonder the same thing all the time.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keliente
I wonder the same thing all the time.
Me too
Old 06-26-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by racer88
Me too
In fact most of the time I would prefer people didn't know my gender, so that I could post photos or advice and not get 10 posts of, "omg you are a female hi2u!!!"
Old 06-26-2006, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by keliente
In fact most of the time I would prefer people didn't know my gender, so that I could post photos or advice and not get 10 posts of, "omg you are a female hi2u!!!"
I completely understand where you are coming from. That has gotta suck, I know in times in the past when I posted a new best that's when local friends of mine reply of "that's great Claire" etc and then they know your name and your a Chick, I found that I get barely any replies probably due to the fact that the majority of Men have cars in the 10's here and 11's..........and they don't usually reply to low 12 second cars. But the ones that would won't reply because they probably see the post, read it and don't say anything knowing your a Girl because they themselves either have hardly the mods you do or haven't been able to drive theit car to where yours is.

I am not saying this as a bad thing, just an overall observation so needless to say I don't post my times.......but I will again after I hit the mid 11's on motor.

See what I mean for an example.........just peeps that know me from a year and a 1/2 ago
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...6&page=1&pp=10

Last edited by racer88; 06-26-2006 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wanna hear something funny? Most of the time when I post people think I'm a gay guy because of the user name. I chose the name when I had my 94 Firebird after I got flames on it. I dropped the name when I got my 2001 Formula then when I got the flame job on it I went back to Flamin' bird. Niave me didnt know what "flamin" meant back then But at any rate it couldnt be a more perfect name for the car and my tag is FLMNBRD .

Once people find out I'm a girl I get the comments most get but for the most part I pretty much get respect and always have. I guess because I dont "flaunt" myself around like some girls do. BTW I've been on the f-body scene since July 1999....coming up on my anniversary

PS...I have the greatest b/f whom I met through the f-body scene. He's a sweetie who's done alot on my car and taught me alot. I even helped him install the Spec Stage 3 clutch. He's my best friend and I couldnt ask for anything more.

-Michelle
Old 07-16-2006, 08:25 PM
Teching In

Smile LS1 Help Needed

Okay, I am a woman and I own a 2001 LS1. I just joined this site looking for some help with my car. I bought it two months ago used....my dream car....an LS1, Callaway Edition, 2001 beauty. This afternoon, I was cruising down the road (not far from home fortunately) when my 'Service Active Handling' light came on then the car gave me a reduced power message. It definitly reduced power as I had to pull off to the side of the road and shut her down. I called my son-in-law, who happens to be a master tech,and my daughter who had just gotten home to come and get me. Well, I let my son-in-law drive the car ( it did start...the computer obviously reset itself). Then dropped it off at the dealership. So first thing in the morning (Monday) they will have a look at it. Soooooo, my question is: how many of you out there, guys and gals, have had this problem with the TC? This is my first 'Vette, and am unfamilair with their little quirks. The car is still under warranty, so I am not concerned with it costing me an arm and a leg to have it repaired.

Any help/suggestions? And by the way, after reading a number of the emails on this site, I did not sign up looking for dates! (even though I am single) LOL! I just need some advice and and also introduce myself to this forum.

Thanks!

jules778
Old 07-17-2006, 03:10 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Welcome to the site Jules,

My C6 had a similar problem, and it was caused by an error in the custom tuning we did for the camshaft and supercharger. Does your Callaway have performance modifications that require custom tuning? Might be the problem.

Tony
Old 07-25-2006, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Eh thats just sad that you have to take the time to even say it.....

But I can understand the reason for having to. My exgf has 2 fbodies and wont bring them near a show or meet, let alone the track, and believe me she can drive them.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:06 AM
Teching In

97CamaroSS 6 speed T Tops Black on the outside graphite on the inside
A kickin sound system 50,000 miles on it.

I'm not a grandma, but I could be. I have always had the need for speed.
I own a 97 Camaro SS With some mods like eibach lowering springs 1 3/4
Torq Thrust II rims Nitto Drag Radials 315/35/17 outback upfront 275/40/17 .Bigger throttle body strut tower in the front boxed frame under neath. Hypertech tuned.
Headers. MSD coil and super plug wires Flowmasters out back. and a few more things.I love my car and I don't give a hoot what anybody else thinks if they see "GRANDMA drivng a hot car.

BADAZZ SS
Old 08-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by badassws6
Agreed...chicks out here are lame. They are barbies with ricers. I wish I had some cool females to hang with once in a while. The guys get annoying when you hang out with them too much.
I totally agree. Colorado is pretty lame with the chick scene too. Hell most of my female friends have no idea when I start talking about cars and they get bored. I wish I had some fellow female car enthusiasts to hang with as well. Most (NOT ALL) of the guys here in Colorado Springs are dicks if they own a corvette, camaro or firebird. Half of them won't talk to you unless your in their little click. I have met some nice guys to talk cars with though. So you got your good and your bad just like on here.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zangel
I think most of the problem comes from how you present yourself. Knowing that you are in a scene that it is occupied by 99.9% guys, a female shouldn't announce herself as if she is looking to find a date or gain attention. Have some couth! If you are here because you enjoy the sport and enjoy cars, then that will be obvious. Just be up front with the reason you are here. If you open yourself up to it, it will happen. Hell, I have been on this site for years. Up until a year ago most of the guys thought I was a guy. Hell... most of them still do! I received a few "leg humping" compliments after the calendar was released, but they were all done in a respectful manner. Again, it all comes down to the way you present yourself.... and to be quite honest, some of these girls make it awfully hard to take the real chicks seriously! I can see it from both sides... but I do agree that this site shouldn't turn into a dating forum
i fully agree with everything you said women on tech should be treated with respect just like everyone else on here ... but i do have one ? for you how could you do that paint schem to an SOM
Old 09-24-2006, 07:09 PM
Teching In

i know NOTHING about cars but hopefully will soon. my bf's crazy about them and he's made me want a fast car.

might look to buy him a turbo kit soon, after I can figure out a good one... any suggestions? i don't know what's out there
Old 09-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Teching In

they should have stuff on here for retarded males and clueless females (like me) that explains things like you would to a 5 year old. i still paint my nails n **** but it would be nice to know more about what i'm drivin
Old 09-25-2006, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Kelsie
they should have stuff on here for retarded males and clueless females (like me) that explains things like you would to a 5 year old. i still paint my nails n **** but it would be nice to know more about what i'm drivin

Just ask. Most of us are more than willing to help women & retarded males too.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:40 PM
TECH Regular

Stay on here and read up in different forums and you'll quickly learn more than you'll ever need to know about your bf's car. BTW, get him a supercharger - forget about the turbos.. I'd start with some spray (nitrous) so long as his car isn't bone stock..

Old 09-25-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ahhh, you don' t need that, just lurk around the board, and soak up as much knowledge as possible. It' ll take some time, but you' ll catch on. Ofcourse certain aspects, will still be greek, but there is a LOT of knowledge here. Feel free to ask ANYTHING if you' re confused. Don' t worry, there are no stupid questions, just stupid people! If you nervous about asking, just ask yourself, is it more stupid, to ask about something to gain knowledge, or to just sit there and pretend you know what the hell is going on? No matter how much some of these people (and I say "people," because there are some damn knowledgable females on the net) know, there was a time they didn' t know a damn thing!
Old 10-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=Zangel]I think most of the problem comes from how you present yourself. Knowing that you are in a scene that it is occupied by 99.9% guys, a female shouldn't announce herself as if she is looking to find a date or gain attention. Have some couth! If you are here because you enjoy the sport and enjoy cars, then that will be obvious. Just be up front with the reason you are here. If you open yourself up to it, it will happen. Hell, I have been on this site for years. Up until a year ago most of the guys thought I was a guy. Hell... most of them still do! I received a few "leg humping" compliments after the calendar was released .<======What calendar are you folks talking about? I think I missed this one.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by Grimlock1968
<======What calendar are you folks talking about? I think I missed this one.
Each year we create a LS1Tech calendar. The 2007 calendar should be ready in another week or so. We will make several announcements on how to purchase a calendar once they are finished.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Banned

wow......is it that time already.......**** time flies
Old 10-09-2006, 12:43 AM
Launching!

How do you folks go about choosing who's cars gets in the calenders? By popular vote here? I'm sure with only 12 pages to put probably 1000 + people's in here's cars *grammar* would be a tedious task.

Quick Reply: LADIES - Feel free to post.