Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

LADIES - Feel free to post.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 08:45 AM
Fiery Features Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grimlock1968
How do you folks go about choosing who's cars gets in the calenders? By popular vote here? I'm sure with only 12 pages to put probably 1000 + people's in here's cars *grammar* would be a tedious task.
Each year we do an open "casting" call on the site. We choose several of the vehicles from this and hand pick the others. We need to get this post back on topic, so if you have any questions about the calendar, please send me a pm or create another post. Thanks a bunch!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Zangel
I wnt my car in the calender if I get all the mods that Im building for it.still looking for the prfect lawn chairs that will look good in the calender.lol!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by john563
Zangel
I wnt my car in the calender if I get all the mods that Im building for it.still looking for the prfect lawn chairs that will look good in the calender.lol!!!
I don't know... the pool and weed eater skates might make people jealous.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:59 AM
Staging Lane

Well I am a girl, it's probably obvious from my screen name. I don't know a whole lot about cars BUT I just dropped the engine from my husbands CETA and had TSP build me a new motor and am in the process of putting the CETA all back together. I have learned a whole lot from just hanging around this site. I haven't posted much but I have read a ton. I had to learn about the Vortech supercharger and then how to go about building the best I could afford. It has been fun. I appreciate this site because I gained a lot of knowledge and insite into how to go about fixing the car. When it is all done I will have my husband post up about it.
On the topic at hand here.... I think some women on all predominatly male dominated websites such as this one, are looking to get attention when they post, that is why they call attention to their gender. Other women are here for the information, not to gather friends or entertain themselves for a bit. They actually want to learn and help others learn. I like to lean towards learning and helping others BUT I do enjoy hearing how incredibly awesome I am cause I fix my husbands car and had a whole new engine built for it with incredible mods and put in much time and effort into making the car look good, like having the mics. pieces Powder coated and getting braided hoses for it and making sure it got all cleaned up before putting it back together. So I can see both sides of the fence!
Thanks for a great board!
Old 11-16-2006, 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zangel
I don't know... the pool and weed eater skates might make people jealous.
So there's hope.It would be something to consider a full poor mans mod car
Old 11-16-2006, 07:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TAbeba
I am a girl and i have to say some girl are lame, but they still deserve respect.... but if there here looking for guys with ls1's .... they are in the wrong forum

yeah the right forum would be looking for love with an ls1
Old 12-22-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

How's it goin'? I just registered, but cannot use my username Beasst88 until my "trial period" is over. I'm using my husbands name for now, which I have been following along with him on this forum for some time. I have the greatest passion for our baby!!! I have put sweat, blood, muscle and much love into our Camero!!! I think it's great that there are girls out there who love cars like I do. Good on us!!! For you guys who can't handle that some of us girls probably know more about cars than you do... grow up!! Because someone will always know more and someone will always be faster!!!
Old 12-22-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kelsie
i know NOTHING about cars but hopefully will soon. my bf's crazy about them and he's made me want a fast car.

might look to buy him a turbo kit soon, after I can figure out a good one... any suggestions? i don't know what's out there

First I would like to welcome you to the "world of cars". Any woman who steps up to learn about cars gets props in my book, but also do it for yourself, not your BF. About the turbo kit, start by what kind of car he has. There are a ton of web sites out there that can help you decide what to get. Also, get your man's opinion on what he wants, on the sly if your trying to make it a surprise. If you ask him the right questions, he'll tell you exactly what he wants and where to get it!!! Trust me, I've done it before when I bought the headers for me and my husbands Camero.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Smile Glad i found this site!

[COLOR=DarkRed]Well I do agree Im new to this site by lets say 1 day! lol but I do get sick of guys acting like girls are stupid when it comes to cars.... I have owned my firebird for a few years and its my baby! like when my headlights nylon gear stripped... I swear I knew there had to be a better way of repairing it rather then replacing the entire motor assembly! And then I found bfrankers website that was sooo helpful in solving the problem with one little brass gear... Stress gone!!! was a wonderful treasure to find on the world wide web... and so is this website.... what a blessing.... neways I hope we can all get along, love the same cars, keep trading knowledge and keep are babys in tip top shape! cause firebirds truly are a great passion to have!!!!! take care!

M.P
Old 12-27-2006, 08:18 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,661 Likes on 1,191 Posts

Originally Posted by Beasst8
I have put sweat, blood, muscle and much love into our Camero!!!
I'm sure you have, but PLEASE don't misspell Camaro.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I'm sure you have, but PLEASE don't misspell Camaro.

I may not be able to work a keyboard well, but I can wrench the hell out of an engine. Thanks for noticing though, now I can correct my mistake!
Old 01-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mrs. Ronin
Well I am a girl, it's probably obvious from my screen name. I don't know a whole lot about cars BUT I just dropped the engine from my husbands CETA and had TSP build me a new motor and am in the process of putting the CETA all back together. I have learned a whole lot from just hanging around this site. I haven't posted much but I have read a ton. I had to learn about the Vortech supercharger and then how to go about building the best I could afford. It has been fun. I appreciate this site because I gained a lot of knowledge and insite into how to go about fixing the car. When it is all done I will have my husband post up about it.
On the topic at hand here.... I think some women on all predominatly male dominated websites such as this one, are looking to get attention when they post, that is why they call attention to their gender. Other women are here for the information, not to gather friends or entertain themselves for a bit. They actually want to learn and help others learn. I like to lean towards learning and helping others BUT I do enjoy hearing how incredibly awesome I am cause I fix my husbands car and had a whole new engine built for it with incredible mods and put in much time and effort into making the car look good, like having the mics. pieces Powder coated and getting braided hoses for it and making sure it got all cleaned up before putting it back together. So I can see both sides of the fence!
Thanks for a great board!

hey! another lady ronin!

I think I've introduced myself in this thread before a year or two ago
Old 01-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Hey all, just thought I'd say hi...in this thread I guess since I'm reppin it for the females.

I have a Z06 that I picked up a few months ago. I used to autoX an RX8, but I plan to get my new lil guy out there this season coming up!

Here is my latest dynograph from a few weeks ago when I slapped the FAST, TB, and Halltech on:

Next plans include C6 Z06 clutch, upping the cam, and swapping the pully
Old 01-09-2007, 11:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

sweet, post it in the dyno forum too!!
Old 01-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Teching In

I have a mustang and a Trans am WS6 and i have been on some Mustang forums and they have been nothing but huge a$$holes! As long as i have been a ford girl (i dont wanna hear any lip) I love my trans am just as much as my mustang. But im on here and MFBA and everyone is soo much nicer! Why is there such a difference serioulsy!?!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Squegee
I have a mustang and a Trans am WS6 and i have been on some Mustang forums and they have been nothing but huge a$$holes! As long as i have been a ford girl (i dont wanna hear any lip) I love my trans am just as much as my mustang. But im on here and MFBA and everyone is soo much nicer! Why is there such a difference serioulsy!?!
mustang owners tend to be a different breed
no offense
With lsx's u get lots of different people from different area's and what now. You get a vast variety of people which makes this place work
Old 01-16-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Regular

omg. most these women out run my *** (as with most the people on this thread)

time to mod >

(no offence women...but u know) =P
Old 01-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Teching In

Default Couple of questions New to this forum

I am new to this particular forum but have been with the Cadillac forum for a year or so! I believe there is a Cadillac section here but can't find it! If someone can give me any info on that, I would appreciate it!

On to the subject of the girls, first of all I am always a gentleman! There are no girls on the Caddy forum and without sounding like a vulture, I would love to meet up with any girl who is into fast cars as much as I am! I am relatively new to the central FL. area and if there are any in this area, then I would enjoy meeting you or chatting with you! I am sure that the odds of a woman on this forum being from anywhere near me are slim, being that there are 50 states and probably 10 girls, but it is worth a try to see if any of you are anywhere near Tampa or Orlando or Ocala! Even if not close by, I would love to chat! Later

SWM 35...LOL
Old 01-17-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ctsvflorida
I am new to this particular forum but have been with the Cadillac forum for a year or so! I believe there is a Cadillac section here but can't find it! If someone can give me any info on that, I would appreciate it!

On to the subject of the girls, first of all I am always a gentleman! There are no girls on the Caddy forum and without sounding like a vulture, I would love to meet up with any girl who is into fast cars as much as I am! I am relatively new to the central FL. area and if there are any in this area, then I would enjoy meeting you or chatting with you! I am sure that the odds of a woman on this forum being from anywhere near me are slim, being that there are 50 states and probably 10 girls, but it is worth a try to see if any of you are anywhere near Tampa or Orlando or Ocala! Even if not close by, I would love to chat! Later

SWM 35...LOL
Try Match.com . I'll agree there arent that many gals that fit your criteria. My boyfriend and I got lucky ... I met him at the local car cruise in 2003...he did some work on my car and the rest is history. He's my soulmate.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Teching In

Default I know I know

Of course I have tried the match thing but it just svcks! They either send you a picture from 10 years ago or pics done by a professional so when you meet them, they look nothing like you thought! I look exactly like my picture in those things. Either that or they are just weird in this area! I am presently and temporarily in Ocala so you wouldn't understand unless you knew the area. It was just worth a try on here because to meet a new friend, who is a girl, would be great on here because we would immediately have something in common. Not really looking for a date on here just a friend. So, I would not have any concern about being physically attracted to her.
Anyway, thanks for your nice reply and all the luck in the world to you and your hubby!

P.S. Tell your hubby to find me one like you!

Last edited by ctsvflorida; 01-17-2007 at 06:51 PM.

Quick Reply: LADIES - Feel free to post.