Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

LADIES - Feel free to post.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zangel
Degrading to women? There is nothing degrading about it. It is a lot of fun and we never ask the girls to do anything they don't want to do. Every single girl in the calendar asks us to be in it, so we aren't forcing anyone. Have you even seen the calendar? It isn't ****... it is women in bikini's (like you would see at the beach). Ohhhhhh, I feel so degraded when I go to the beach.
There are always going to be girls willing to do things like that or worse and they certainly don't speak for the vast majority of women. They choose to objectify themselves, but in the process hurt other women. Just like women who pose nude, strip or prostitute themselves. They vary in degrees of objectification, but it is all the same. Those things negatively affect the girls who would never do something like that. It objectifies all women including those who would never pose in any way as objects for men. You cannot realistically compare a woman who is enjoying herself at the beach to a woman posing for men in a bikini. When my girlfriend goes to the beach, she doesn't pose like a prostitute on or next to a car... She’s only there to enjoy the sun. Not to look provocative and sexual. Not to be gawked at. If she gets gawked at, it is by people like you who see women as objects. A woman at the beach in a bikini is in an entirely different context than a woman posing in a bikini next to a car in order to be looked at by horny men. Either you prefer not to see the difference, or are not smart enough to see the difference because you are in fact sexist. If you are a male, which I assume you are and you read playboy or go to strip clubs, you are objectifying women. I bet you love strip clubs. And those women are willing to objectify other women but that hardly makes it right. Probably one out of every 100,000 women or much less would even think about doing any of those things including posing in a bikini with a car (even if they’re really good looking). You also have to think; a model that poses in a woman’s magazine in a swimsuit in order to sell it is not posing next to a car so a man can gawk at her. Just like a woman at the beach may not be intentionally looking for sexual attention from men. These women in the calendar are selling themselves to be looked at sexually by men who can get their jollies with both a hot car and a provocative looking woman who is probably making a provocative face as well. You need to think before you speak because you have made yourself appear to be an ignorant hypocrite.

Last edited by eappwr; 02-02-2008 at 08:29 PM. Reason: forgot something...
Old 02-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eappwr
There are always going to be girls willing to do things like that or worse and they certainly don't speak for the vast majority of women. They choose to objectify themselves, but in the process hurt other women. Just like women who pose nude, strip or prostitute themselves. They vary in degrees of objectification, but it is all the same. Those things negatively affect the girls who would never do something like that. It objectifies all women including those who would never pose in any way as objects for men. You cannot realistically compare a woman who is enjoying herself at the beach to a woman posing for men in a bikini. When my girlfriend goes to the beach, she doesn't pose like a prostitute on or next to a car... She’s only there to enjoy the sun. Not to look provocative and sexual. Not to be gawked at. If she gets gawked at, it is by people like you who see women as objects. A woman at the beach in a bikini is in an entirely different context than a woman posing in a bikini next to a car in order to be looked at by horny men. Either you prefer not to see the difference, or are not smart enough to see the difference because you are in fact sexist. If you are a male, which I assume you are and you read playboy or go to strip clubs, you are objectifying women. I bet you love strip clubs. And those women are willing to objectify other women but that hardly makes it right. Probably one out of every 100,000 women or much less would even think about doing any of those things including posing in a bikini with a car (even if they’re really good looking). You also have to think; a model that poses in a woman’s magazine in a swimsuit in order to sell it is not posing next to a car so a man can gawk at her. Just like a woman at the beach may not be intentionally looking for sexual attention from men. These women in the calendar are selling themselves to be looked at sexually by men who can get their jollies with both a hot car and a provocative looking woman who is probably making a provocative face as well. You need to think before you speak because you have made yourself appear to be an ignorant hypocrite.
Sorry pal, but you sound like a tool.

Basically what you are saying is all women shouldn't wear bikini's and pose in front of cars because it is automatically degrading to other women? Wether or not the women in the calendar are looked at like an object is up to the individual guy who looks at them. Women who don't dress in bikini's and whatnot still get gawked at because they look like objects in the men's eyes anyway.

The calendar is made with the intention to look incredibly hot, yes. But that is the womens job, and maybe the only career that they could take interest in, how is doing something you want to do degrading? If you want to blame something for women feeling like they need to look like that or feeling degraded in general by it, blame todays sex appeal.. Not zangel the calendar maker.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:51 PM
Fiery Features Director

You should learn something or two before making your post. Number one, I am a woman. I have been in these calendars many times and have actually shown my parents the pictures. I have nothing to be ashamed of. I build my own cars. I race. I am a highly educated person with a wonderful family. My own son has seen the calendar and never once thought anything of it. Again, you shouldn't speak unless you actually know something on topic you argue. I have MANY friends on this site who respect me and do not see me as some "object" as you put it. The women posing in the calendar, such as myself, take pride in being chosen for the pictures. Beauty is a wonderful thing and nothing to be ashamed of. Selling yourself as a prostitute can not be compared to modeling for a picture. If you can not see the difference, then you surely need to seek guidance and education. Sexual attention You can't be serious!?!
Old 02-02-2008, 09:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are a male, which I assume you are and you read playboy or go to strip clubs, you are objectifying women. I bet you love strip clubs.
hhahahhahahhahahahahahaha.. dude.. c'mon now.. SHE is not a male. Even if I didn't know first hand, you would have been able to pick up on that in her post. SHE doesn't feel objectified at the beach.. etc. And "Zangel" isn't exactly a name a (straight) guy would choose..just thought this was funny

There's nothing wrong with a calendar displaying pretty girls and bad *** cars. Is there? You're argument is ridiculous..
Old 02-02-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

Zangel is simply the person putting together the calendar. I don't think it gets much deeper than that on a personal or political level

There will always be girls who are dying for attention. And coincidently there will always be men looking to give it to them. Society has been like that for a loooong time...what can you do about it? Your post is slightly confusing because I'm not sure what you're getting at.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

*looks at his calander* *looks at post* *looks at calander*
I don’t see anything wrong with it. . . .I’ve seen worse. - If a girl wants to pose next to a car that's her choice - they call it modeling where I’m from . . . maybe in your crazy moon man world it’s degrading but honestly I know girls who pose like that next to their OWN cars. . .i don’t see anything degrading in these calendars . . . this is LS1tech it ain’t no playboy.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:06 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

eappwr, the Taliban called. They want you back in Afghanistan.

They are sorry that your exposure to women not wearing full-length burkas has caused you emotional distress, and think you need to come back.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:10 PM

Pretty women and nice rides go together like PB & J.......

You said it keliente.....men aren't going to stop looking at women anytime soon. You know what's ironic though? Women look at other women just as much as men do, even if usually for different reasons.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Teching In

does your gf wear a bikini at the beach?
Old 02-02-2008, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

You should learn something or two before making your post. Number one, I am a woman. I have been in these calendars many times and have actually shown my parents the pictures. I have nothing to be ashamed of. I build my own cars. I race. I am a highly educated person with a wonderful family. My own son has seen the calendar and never once thought anything of it. Again, you shouldn't speak unless you actually know something on topic you argue. I have MANY friends on this site who respect me and do not see me as some "object" as you put it. The women posing in the calendar, such as myself, take pride in being chosen for the pictures. Beauty is a wonderful thing and nothing to be ashamed of. Selling yourself as a prostitute can not be compared to modeling for a picture. If you can not see the difference, then you surely need to seek guidance and education. Sexual attention You can't be serious!?!
well said.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

uhhhhhh... a port? Isn't that like where ships dock and stuff?

Seriously though... who cares how much a person knows. You are right, anyone can look up the answer on google. However, isn't this site here to help people learn. If someone doesn't know the answer, then teach them! If people are expected to know all of the answers, then of course they aren't going to feel comfortable asking. I probably know more about cars than the majority, but I still have more to learn. We all do...
for sure! as a lsx newb i dont know much. i have a lot of experience with older stuff. so im glad that someone recognizes the fact that we are here to help eachother, not raz eachother for not knowing something. no one started out knowing all this stuff.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

What are you some kind of weird woman's lib/ homesexual freak? It is a tastefully done calender that show cool cars and beautiful women. They want to be there and it is not at all degrading. If I want to look at a beautiful woman who cares. Most of the time a woman that is beautiful likes the compliment of someone looking at her. Please exclude the freaks that stare and stalk. I am talking about the glance that is a few milliseconds too long. Pretty woman are not objects to be only looked at because to me a truely beautiful woman not only is physically attractive but also has some brains and can carry on an intelligent coversation. These women are there because they want to be andI am sure most of them are intelligent and successful and some probably even have families. Say this out loud and you will know how most of the people here feel about your post. "I'm sofa king, we todd it."
Old 02-02-2008, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

no no no. if a woman wants to get nearly naked and post it in a calendar along with sweet cars, thats fine. if you don't think so, you're a end of discussion.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Viscious
Sorry pal, but you sound like a tool.

Basically what you are saying is all women shouldn't wear bikini's and pose in front of cars because it is automatically degrading to other women? Wether or not the women in the calendar are looked at like an object is up to the individual guy who looks at them. Women who don't dress in bikini's and whatnot still get gawked at because they look like objects in the men's eyes anyway.

The calendar is made with the intention to look incredibly hot, yes. But that is the womens job, and maybe the only career that they could take interest in, how is doing something you want to do degrading? If you want to blame something for women feeling like they need to look like that or feeling degraded in general by it, blame todays sex appeal.. Not zangel the calendar maker.
Originally Posted by 6THZ28
hhahahhahahhahahahahahaha.. dude.. c'mon now.. SHE is not a male. Even if I didn't know first hand, you would have been able to pick up on that in her post. SHE doesn't feel objectified at the beach.. etc. And "Zangel" isn't exactly a name a (straight) guy would choose..just thought this was funny

There's nothing wrong with a calendar displaying pretty girls and bad *** cars. Is there? You're argument is ridiculous..
Originally Posted by keliente
Zangel is simply the person putting together the calendar. I don't think it gets much deeper than that on a personal or political level

There will always be girls who are dying for attention. And coincidently there will always be men looking to give it to them. Society has been like that for a loooong time...what can you do about it? Your post is slightly confusing because I'm not sure what you're getting at.
Originally Posted by KriegerEhre
*looks at his calander* *looks at post* *looks at calander*
I don’t see anything wrong with it. . . .I’ve seen worse. - If a girl wants to pose next to a car that's her choice - they call it modeling where I’m from . . . maybe in your crazy moon man world it’s degrading but honestly I know girls who pose like that next to their OWN cars. . .i don’t see anything degrading in these calendars . . . this is LS1tech it ain’t no playboy.
Originally Posted by 83vette
Pretty women and nice rides go together like PB & J.......

You said it keliente.....men aren't going to stop looking at women anytime soon. You know what's ironic though? Women look at other women just as much as men do, even if usually for different reasons.
Originally Posted by Randi820
does your gf wear a bikini at the beach?
Originally Posted by The Manalishi
What are you some kind of weird woman's lib/ homesexual freak? It is a tastefully done calender that show cool cars and beautiful women. They want to be there and it is not at all degrading. If I want to look at a beautiful woman who cares. Most of the time a woman that is beautiful likes the compliment of someone looking at her. Please exclude the freaks that stare and stalk. I am talking about the glance that is a few milliseconds too long. Pretty woman are not objects to be only looked at because to me a truely beautiful woman not only is physically attractive but also has some brains and can carry on an intelligent coversation. These women are there because they want to be andI am sure most of them are intelligent and successful and some probably even have families. Say this out loud and you will know how most of the people here feel about your post. "I'm sofa king, we todd it."
Originally Posted by 1BadAction
no no no. if a woman wants to get nearly naked and post it in a calendar along with sweet cars, thats fine. if you don't think so, you're a end of discussion.
lol. this is obviously no place for a debate. there really isn't one anyways. next time i accidentally start a debate i'll make sure to do it on a site with a higher average iq. i was just responding to someone’s post.

Last edited by eappwr; 02-02-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

lol. this is obviously no place for a debate. there really isn't one anyways. next time i accidentally start a debate i'll make sure to do it on a site with a higher average iq. i was just responding to someone’s post.
Its a place for debate IF you are open for it. You are not. Have a nice day.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:09 AM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you just came to talk ****? Not to hear any responses? Oh, never mind then. Guess your more of a decoration to the site that noone really likes, but that everyone can ignore and maybe even take off as well.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:25 AM
TECH Regular

lol @ all of the replies to your post
Old 02-03-2008, 01:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Hey, I have an idea, eappwr! Let's go into a thread about girls where all the girls hang out and pick a fight! Just start "debating" stupid **** for no reason. You know, be real ****** trolls. Then, when the girls start to win the argument, we'll just call them stupid. Yeah, that'll get 'em.

Stupid girls with their "vaginas" and "boobies." Gah, I hate them.

By the way. "eappwr" is about a ******* retarded screen name.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SovXietday
****, if I ever find a girl who can beat me in a car that she owns and works on I'm going to marry her on the spot.
X2
Old 02-04-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lsx85
X2
X1,000,000

Quick Reply: LADIES - Feel free to post.