Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

LADIES - Feel free to post.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol well, i haven't read through the whole thread, but all i have to say, being a girl, i think we understand(or should learn to) that there are always going to be guys leghumping when we are involved in a hobby or job like this. not saying that its always welcome or appropriate, just sayin that its not avoidable...just sayin is all...

and lsx85...someday my car will beat whatever car you have and i will be the one who worked on it i'll let ya know when that day is, i'm still in the beginner's stage of learning tho
Old 02-29-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ygbg_04
lol well, i haven't read through the whole thread, but all i have to say, being a girl, i think we understand(or should learn to) that there are always going to be guys leghumping when we are involved in a hobby or job like this. not saying that its always welcome or appropriate, just sayin that its not avoidable...just sayin is all...

and lsx85...someday my car will beat whatever car you have and i will be the one who worked on it i'll let ya know when that day is, i'm still in the beginner's stage of learning tho
Won't be too long. LS1 > LT1
Old 02-29-2008, 11:22 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ygbg_04

and lsx85...someday my car will beat whatever car you have and i will be the one who worked on it

Old 03-15-2008, 12:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would I be wrong in assuming that the overwhelming number of women drive automatics?
Old 03-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Crimsonnaire
Would I be wrong in assuming that the overwhelming number of women drive automatics?
Women like the stick usually...
Old 03-15-2008, 01:52 AM
Fiery Features Director

Why does it matter? Not sure what you wanted to accomplish by asking that question.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
X1,000,000
Looks like Kaliente might have a bunch of proposals if her car runs like it should. She is definately putting together a nasty car.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:11 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Zangel
Why does it matter? Not sure what you wanted to accomplish by asking that question.
I've just gotten the impression that women are either generally unskilled or enthusiastic mechanic operaters. I don't mean any bias. There are many things that women are just much better at than men.

When I was at the DMV for a road test, a woman was with me, and once she noticed I was driving a manual, she immediately said, "Ugh! I hate stick shifts! Why did you get a stick shift?" This goes in addition to the fact that every woman I've seen driving so far operate automatics. But again, there are always exceptions. I mean, just look at that female race driver in the Daytona.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Fiery Features Director

I've just gotten the impression that women are either generally unskilled or enthusiastic mechanic operaters. I don't mean any bias. There are many things that women are just much better at than men.

When I was at the DMV for a road test, a woman was with me, and once she noticed I was driving a manual, she immediately said, "Ugh! I hate stick shifts! Why did you get a stick shift?" This goes in addition to the fact that every woman I've seen driving so far operate automatics. But again, there are always exceptions. I mean, just look at that female race driver in the Daytona.
I will admit that most women (not real enthusiasts) are not drivers. A car is merely transportation to get from A to B. If given the choice to drive or have a chauffeur, they would probably take the latter. Also, I am sure several girls have signed up to get attention and it always makes the rest of us look bad.
However, just because a person drives an automatic doesn't mean they are unskilled. That would be like me saying everyone that can't work on their own vehicle is not a true car person or generally unskilled. Such a broad statement is obviously false. A person who chooses to drive an auto might have different goals with the vehicle. If a person lives in the big city and drives 30-40 miles in stop and go traffic, it is probably more likely they will purchase an automatic. If the person is building a car for the drag strip and trying to go as fast as possible, then it is more likely they will choose an auto. Then again, they may not know how to drive a manual and that is fine also. That doesn't mean they are a bad driver. Everyone has their reasons and for a true enthusiast, I don't think sex matters.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:43 PM
TECH Regular

Your statement is very reasonable, and I happily concede.

I've gotten stuck in traffic in Metro Atlanta, and had to constantly stop and go at low speeds. My leg ended up soar from stepping on the clutch. Those are the moments that make me wish I had an automatic. But I've already grown to love the M6, so I'll just have to make an effort to avoid traffic.

Personally, I feel both manual and automatics are fundamentally flawed. A perfected transmission would work along the line of being able to alternate between both options from the driver's seat, where even in auto setting, gear regulation would eliminate the need for high RPM to shift.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Teching In

the only reason i drive an automatic is because of the killer deal i got on the car. i was looking for an m6. im actually glad i did get an auto, if i was able to manually shift, my clutch would be gone in no time from the numerous burnouts and power shifting id be doing.

but back on topic, i dont think ive ever felt "weird" about posting here. if someone tosses a comment my way, i take it in stride and usually throw one back at them. thats just how i roll i guess! but the thought is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe it's just me but I always thought it would be cool if the girls screen names were in pink or something. idk... mix it up a lil.. I alway am wondering if I'm talking to a girl on here or not and I say thanks man or hey man a lot LOL
Idk if the girls don't like it or not if I've done it then my bad

I think it's awesom how many girls are on here! If only I could get my girlfriend on here. She loves car and wants a WS6 she just doesn't know how to work on them and I always lose her when I'm showing her what I'm doing on my car. It's cute tho
Old 04-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Launching!

wait, there are females here???
Old 04-01-2008, 04:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Zangel
I don't think sex matters.
See. There's a woman's opinion again. "Why do you always want to have sex?" "Can't we just cuddle?" "Why do you always want to look at your car while we make love?"

IT MATTERS A LOT!!!
Old 04-01-2008, 04:43 PM
TECH Regular

real girls don't drive automatics

j/k

that would be cool if the girls had their usernames in a diff color, like orange
Old 04-01-2008, 04:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Looks like Kaliente might have a bunch of proposals if her car runs like it should. She is definately putting together a nasty car.
..... I dont think she is into overweight beaners... so I'm out....
Old 04-01-2008, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlackSS2001
Maybe it's just me but I always thought it would be cool if the girls screen names were in pink or something. idk... mix it up a lil.. I alway am wondering if I'm talking to a girl on here or not and I say thanks man or hey man a lot LOL
Idk if the girls don't like it or not if I've done it then my bad
No thanks... I like to roll gender-neutral...I have enough people that don't take me seriously offline because I am a female, at least on ls1tech most people still think I'm a guy.

And I hate pink. lol.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharpe
See. There's a woman's opinion again. "Why do you always want to have sex?" "Can't we just cuddle?" "Why do you always want to look at your car while we make love?"

IT MATTERS A LOT!!!
ROFL!!!!!! She should have been more clear by saying "gender", huh?
LOL!!
Old 04-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Teching In

eh i have been treated well enoughi dont post much but i sure am on here a lot surfing through the material i like the name colors the way they are and not all girls drive automatics
Old 04-01-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by keliente
No thanks... I like to roll gender-neutral...I have enough people that don't take me seriously offline because I am a female, at least on ls1tech most people still think I'm a guy.

And I hate pink. lol.
Thats just ignorant for guys to do. I have a girl telling me stuff all the time about my tranny Amber at six speeds inc She's hella cool haha

thats cool just an idea man.... lol

Quick Reply: LADIES - Feel free to post.