Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

LADIES - Feel free to post.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 09:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing is better then a lady that knows cars, likes cars, and has confidence to be around the wrench heads. Then add good looks to boot and well yeah I'd probably have to marry a girl like that, lol

Welcome aboard ladies!
Old 11-24-2009, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like most of you would love my wife then. She started out drag racing in highschool but quit once her parents took away her sn95. Trying to get her interested in fbodys and away from the 5.0s but thats proven to be a little bit of a challenge... It is really funny though when she goes to meets with me and then makes fun of the ones that dont know what they are talking about... lol. And the fact that she encouraged me to do a nice smokey burnout at the wedding with her in the car was pretty awesome...
Old 11-24-2009, 10:49 AM
11 Second Club

That's awesome to hear SGM!

I know I dated a girl a few times that would get under the car with me and get greasy and dirty. Was way cool. But then I think the CO got to her or something cuz she turned straight batty!! oh well, live n learn!
Old 11-28-2009, 04:47 PM

In my opinion, if you can turn a wrench and know the basics of a car, you shouldn't be commented on, regardless of if you are a man or woman. My girlfriend is into trucks...she hasn't got the need for speed yet . But we've only been going out for 4 months, so we will see with time . She loves doin about 120 with the t-tops off. Damn it's good to own an AMERICAN muscle car!
Old 12-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Teching In

thank you
Old 12-18-2009, 01:08 AM

well i agree wih yo as well
Old 12-21-2009, 12:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Domsz06
Nothing is better then a lady that knows cars, likes cars, and has confidence to be around the wrench heads. Then add good looks to boot and well yeah I'd probably have to marry a girl like that, lol

Welcome aboard ladies!
*cough*

kidding...

cant believe this thread is still goin'! Just checkin in...
Old 12-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Banned

Exclamation ty

Ty for this thread !! I just joined today and was told i was 15 when in fact i am 20 and that i should learn when to shut my mouth !! and that i have no buisness in being on a car forum as i do not have enough knowledge expected .!! I do not have time for silly games like that and i have never been insulted so much in my life!~ my own husband has even had to stick up for me .. because everyone was being so crude. Maybe girls are really not meant to be on car forums ?? i guess .. because i have never been treated so bad .. and it seems like every car site i have been too guys treat women the same way . all i was doing was saying hi and introducing myself. why cant people just act civilized we are not animals?.

ANYWAYS WITH THAT INTRODUCTION LOL my name is brittney and i am new to this site i have a red 02 tran sam. i am a very talkative person and i love my husband very much .i like to do the work on my car ,as i love cars lol
Old 12-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FasterTheBetter92
In my opinion, if you can turn a wrench and know the basics of a car, you shouldn't be commented on, regardless of if you are a man or woman. My girlfriend is into trucks...she hasn't got the need for speed yet . But we've only been going out for 4 months, so we will see with time . She loves doin about 120 with the t-tops off. Damn it's good to own an AMERICAN muscle car!
lol i have to agree with the american muscle car . because me and my hubby have toped his t/a out at 160 very fun !! lol of couse we had to have the t tops on .. or lol i dont want to know what would have happened
Old 12-22-2009, 01:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cakekisses
Ty for this thread !! I just joined today and was told i was 15 when in fact i am 20 and that i should learn when to shut my mouth !! and that i have no buisness in being on a car forum as i do not have enough knowledge expected .!! I do not have time for silly games like that and i have never been insulted so much in my life!~ my own husband has even had to stick up for me .. because everyone was being so crude. Maybe girls are really not meant to be on car forums ?? i guess .. because i have never been treated so bad .. and it seems like every car site i have been too guys treat women the same way . all i was doing was saying hi and introducing myself. why cant people just act civilized we are not animals?.

ANYWAYS WITH THAT INTRODUCTION LOL my name is brittney and i am new to this site i have a red 02 tran sam. i am a very talkative person and i love my husband very much .i like to do the work on my car ,as i love cars lol

Being a female, you have to understand that car forums are going to be dominated by men. That being said, grow a thicker skin. Are men and women treated equally on a car forum? No. Is that fair? No. Is that just how it is? Yes. To earn respect, you've gotta give them **** right back, otherwise they'll just walk all over you.

Welcome to the site and have fun

on a side note - everything thinks your "hubby's" full of **** and that's hillarious
Old 12-23-2009, 07:37 PM

Just trying to figure out how to post here
Old 12-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Teching In

I LOVE cars....and in a way it kind of sucks. It pushes away my girlfriends ....I'm a girly girl so it's weird, I love to get all done up and go out, but my friends always talk about stupid ****, like guys and make-up and hair....I think I have a guys mentality, but i love my friends!
Old 12-29-2009, 06:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JenniferGTO
I LOVE cars....and in a way it kind of sucks. It pushes away my girlfriends ....I'm a girly girl so it's weird, I love to get all done up and go out, but my friends always talk about stupid ****, like guys and make-up and hair....I think I have a guys mentality, but i love my friends!
I wouldn't worry. As you get a little older you'll be able to count your close friends on one hand. Plus as an added bonus, guess who they're going to come running to when they have an issue with their vehicle. Trust me it's true, and it's happened to me.

Just keep what you're doing, it's going to show what a diversified woman you are.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lilstephsls1
awesome...
us ladies have to stick together in the ls1 world
god what i would do for a girlfriend (as in a friend thats a girl) that loves ls1s and drives one.. i hate traveling to car shows and races alone or with just the guys all the time
omg! thats how ive felt for the past 2 years! but its cool hanging out with the guys, i feel like you learn alot more around them, but more girls should for sure get interested in cars!! i have a passion, i'm to the point to where i learn something new everyday and love it, keep it comin!

WOO!! GO LS1TECH LADIES!
Old 01-10-2010, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hell I'm the real outcast, I have an LS2 in a freakin soccer mom vehicle! Don't fit in with the truck guys cause it doesn't have a bed, and don't fit in with the car guys cause its a "truck"

Old 01-11-2010, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vicouSS10
omg! thats how ive felt for the past 2 years! but its cool hanging out with the guys, i feel like you learn alot more around them, but more girls should for sure get interested in cars!! i have a passion, i'm to the point to where i learn something new everyday and love it, keep it comin!

WOO!! GO LS1TECH LADIES!
thats what its all about, i can never understand the guys who think ladies should stay out of the conversations, i think its cool that yall are actually interested in how this stuff works. Most guys forget that at some point they didnt know a damn thing about cars, yet they bash the people in that exact position.

any of yall ladies start getting flamed in threads just for being female, PM me a link to the thread, ill back you up.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Teching In

cheers!!!! To us ladies with the need for speed.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I'm somewhat ashamed at how some of our "gentlemen" on this site have been replying to threads started by women. These women should be treated like fellow car enthusiasts, not all of them are here to try and meet guys.

Please reduce the leg-humping guys. And, if I see any more negative remarks or personal attacks from anyone else replying, that person will be banned for 30 days until they can grow up.

Sorry to have to post this thread, but it appears we have some little boys in the house.

....and they wonder why there aren't more women car enthusiasts out there...

Moderators: If you see someone making negative personal comments towards these new members, please ban them as stated above. We will not tolerate this childish crap on LS1TECH.

Tony

my name is josh thornton my user name is wildside i have been a member for around six or so months i fineley started leting me post on parts classified and yesterday it would not let me i was wondering if any body knows who can hlep me i got a lot of stuff on there for sale
thanks josh
Old 01-19-2010, 07:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wildside
my name is josh thornton my user name is wildside i have been a member for around six or so months i fineley started leting me post on parts classified and yesterday it would not let me i was wondering if any body knows who can hlep me i got a lot of stuff on there for sale
thanks josh
and just exactly how did you come to the conclusion that this was the thread that this question belongs in!?
Old 03-07-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JenniferGTO
I hear you loud and clear, Jen. The Detroit area has a huge car scene, but hardly any girls who have a serious desire. I am basically the only girl in my entire group, except for those girls who are attached to some guys hip. The problem is when you are dating some guy that is into cars, but you know more than he does... that causes problems. It sounds like you are a really cool girl, and I wish there were more cool girls around me. Oh well!

Quick Reply: LADIES - Feel free to post.