Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

LADIES - Feel free to post.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 12:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to thank you for sticking up for us ladies...I don't need a man. I drive a 2000 Camaro a 3.8 because insurance when I was picking out my car was outrageous. My car is black with limo tinted windows and I have the ram air and a K&N filter and 17 X 9.5 inch chrome Y2K corvette rims, wrapped in KUHMO ECSTA tires 275-45-17 with a nice stereo system. I will be including pictures real soon. I love my car and keep up with it as much as possible.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's about how you act.

If you come here to post pictures of yourself and let it be known in every post that you are a woman, then you are going to get leghumped. Which is probably what you wanted anyway.

As long as you come on here with the mindset of sharing and learning automotive information, there shouldn't be a problem on either end. The majority of this board calls me 'dude', 'man' etc but I just stopped correcting after a while
Old 08-20-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd rather have the Men here leg hump my car and my ability to drive it well on the track

Women or not, I am here and on all car forums because of my car and the fact that I love to RACE it.

But you have to admit it does get old seeing some Ladies here post their pics online numerous times for attention. And that annoys the **** out of me.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:14 PM
12 Second Club

Smile thanks yall!!

Originally Posted by ferbiepom
Im here but live in long island, I travel with the guys all the time too. Cant get any of my friends interested
i know what you mean about your other friends...i get soo happy about a new mod on my car or my time when we run at the strip and want to talk about it with my friend but its like she tries to be interested but just cant pull it off! lol!!
my hubby does alot with my ss (hes great with surprises!) and has taught me alot about her, we were told about this site (thanks to the one who owns that bad *** trans am!) its really helped alot with great info!!
when we go to the strip i dont see very many women racin wish there were more of us....wonder how many women around my neck of the woods are into this??
Old 08-28-2005, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zangel
I think most of the problem comes from how you present yourself. Knowing that you are in a scene that it is occupied by 99.9% guys, a female shouldn't announce herself as if she is looking to find a date or gain attention. Have some couth! If you are here because you enjoy the sport and enjoy cars, then that will be obvious. Just be up front with the reason you are here. If you open yourself up to it, it will happen. Hell, I have been on this site for years. Up until a year ago most of the guys thought I was a guy. Hell... most of them still do! I received a few "leg humping" compliments after the calendar was released, but they were all done in a respectful manner. Again, it all comes down to the way you present yourself.... and to be quite honest, some of these girls make it awfully hard to take the real chicks seriously! I can see it from both sides... but I do agree that this site shouldn't turn into a dating forum

What calender , pm me about it, o and if thats ur z in ur sig, then you are the coolest chick ever
Old 09-03-2005, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

one solution that can be used on an individual basis is for the female not to reveal her sex at all. what does a persons sex have to do with the ls1 TECH anyway? there really is no need for that here.

maybe some may argue that a female *should* be able to reveal her sex identity (for probably not a good reason) without such harassment. BUT my suggestion is a PRACTICAL solution that would actually work regardless of what should be.

this stated,
i will not feel sorry for any further sexual harassment
though i will avoid engaging in any myself.

zangel said it well
Old 09-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Banned

we should make everybody put their address down so when somebody does something like that I can go kick their *** ............ if they are under fifteen of course
Old 09-10-2005, 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Stone0fFire
one solution that can be used on an individual basis is for the female not to reveal her sex at all. what does a persons sex have to do with the ls1 TECH anyway?
Sex has little to do with cars but I do not feel like I should hide the fact that I am a female because I am on a male-dominated industry.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by keliente
Sex has little to do with cars but I do not feel like I should hide the fact that I am a female because I am on a male-dominated industry.
you go girl
Old 09-11-2005, 04:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its good to see this finally posted. on my local board, the ladies are treated no different then the men and there are ALOT of them on there. every once in awhile we tease them but its all in good fun. they are here for the same reason we are.... ls1's
Old 09-11-2005, 08:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

@Keliente-Ha, ha! Girl, you know sex has everthing to do w/cars! We has sum sex-t rides!

I think this is one of the least leg humping sites I belong to. I've personally never had any problem here. Anything that has been said, was just friendly, healthy razzing. That's all. I don't post a whole lot here, but enjoy reading & learning all there is to know.

For whatever reason when ladies join this site, they don't seem to stay around very long. They do an intro & are outa here, or so it seems. Some of the gals who are regs on here & I have our theories. But I don't think leg humping is one of them.

Well, there-I've given my

G'day!

Last edited by 1KwikSSChik; 09-11-2005 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1KwikSSChik
For whatever reason when ladies join this site, they don't seem to stay around very long. They do an intro & are outa here, or so it seems.
I've been around aloooooong time, Nov 2001 when this site was first created.

I've been leg humped before, but they soon forget your a Women and most newbs have no idea. The veterans that know me know who I am.

I love attention I get with my driving at the track, don't need it on a message board.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

Originally Posted by racer88
I've been around aloooooong time, Nov 2001 when this site was first created.

I've been leg humped before, but they soon forget your a Women and most newbs have no idea. The veterans that know me know who I am.

I love attention I get with my driving at the track, don't need it on a message board.
lol I couldn't have said it better my self! lol
Old 09-11-2005, 04:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My wife posts here on ocassion ... she has a Trans Am, as well (stock). We've never had a problem with anyone on the board here. Usually, the sexual comments come out when a female member exchanges harsh words and gets into mud-slinging with another male member. In this scenario, there are a FEW ******** who pull the sexuality card, because (IMHO), it's the only way they think they can prove themselves when their arguement is defeated by the female member.

Pretty lowlife to interject that sort of thing into an arguement. Oh well, there's 'one in every crowd' ... a lot of good people here, so you shouldn't have to worry about it much. If it happens, ignore it. However, most folks here are mature and adult enough to not dislpay that sort of behavior.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think the leg humping we're talking about are the ones who want attention.........and that goes along with those Girls posting pictures of themselves.

That's where it becomes stupid IMO. Show a picture of yourself why? Who gives a ****, are you here so Men can think you are more than you really are in looks and persona in life outside of the internet?, or are you here because of your interest in your car?

I guess some people crave attention they are lacking elsewhere or have lacked somewhere in life.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 09-12-2005, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I'm somewhat ashamed at how some of our "gentlemen" on this site have been replying to threads started by women. These women should be treated like fellow car enthusiasts, not all of them are here to try and meet guys.

Please reduce the leg-humping guys. And, if I see any more negative remarks or personal attacks from anyone else replying, that person will be banned for 30 days until they can grow up.

Sorry to have to post this thread, but it appears we have some little boys in the house.

....and they wonder why there aren't more women car enthusiasts out there...

Moderators: If you see someone making negative personal comments towards these new members, please ban them as stated above. We will not tolerate this childish crap on LS1TECH.

Tony

Sound like a plan, lol.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:47 PM
Teching In

i don't mean to laugh, but damn.... men never cease to amaze me. I respect that you finally made a stand on this subject.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fbodyqueen
i don't mean to laugh, but damn.... men never cease to amaze me. I respect that you finally made a stand on this subject.
thank you
Old 09-14-2005, 01:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by draglikeagirl
i know what you mean about your other friends...i get soo happy about a new mod on my car or my time when we run at the strip and want to talk about it with my friend but its like she tries to be interested but just cant pull it off! lol!!
my hubby does alot with my ss (hes great with surprises!) and has taught me alot about her, we were told about this site (thanks to the one who owns that bad *** trans am!) its really helped alot with great info!!
when we go to the strip i dont see very many women racin wish there were more of us....wonder how many women around my neck of the woods are into this??
dunno who the person could be with the transam but you would be surprised how many girls i have found in our area that are into it..... who knows maybe after i get the TH400 trans in mine in the next few weeks if i see ya at the track i might have to let you drive it...... see if you can do better than me in my own car....

Quick Reply: LADIES - Feel free to post.