Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Stolen 2002 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. Some people are fucked up. Sorry to see this nako. Hope this never happens to you again.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

keep a close eye on Ebay for any seller with all those parts.... you might just get lucky if you search hard enough
Old 11-18-2006, 11:09 PM
12 Second Club

Sorry about your lose bro, hope they find it
Old 11-20-2006, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Default Thats ******* gay

I looked at like 3 or 4 pics I couldnt bare it any more. Too bad their aint one of those time machines around so you could go back and wait by your car and when they come we could of been waiting their me with the AK you holdin da Shotty.

That car was more bare than a california flag!
Old 11-20-2006, 10:22 PM
Launching!

My stomach sank as I walked up on it. My knees got week and I literally almost fell down
Old 11-20-2006, 10:24 PM
11 Second Club

Damn man that hurts to look it! I feel for ya.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what are we looking for exactly on ebay?
Old 11-20-2006, 11:32 PM
Launching!

How did it get there? I'd have the police finger print the whole car. Might get lucky if whoever took it was dumb enough not to wear gloves or something.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Craiggg
How did it get there? I'd have the police finger print the whole car. Might get lucky if whoever took it was dumb enough not to wear gloves or something.

Thats exactly what I was thinking when I saw the wrenches in there. They left thier wrenches AND was nice enough to leave all the other parts too that they did.

Damn, I vote for building it bigger, better, faster, baaaaaaaaaaaaaader. Body didnt look scratched, and, she is still your baby, so, do her up right. She IS sitll your baby, right?
Old 11-21-2006, 08:22 AM
11 Second Club

if you look at the last pic, they took the motor too....the whole car was scrapped and that sucks man i feel for your loss....

we had 2 of our brand new snowmobiles stolen 3 years ago right out of our hotel parking lot in Canada. They tried to take our whole truck, trailer and sleds but they were in such a hurry they broke the shifter in the truck off so they luckily only got the sleds...but its still the worst feeling in there world. We never found them.

By the way, how did you find your car there? did you hear something from someone that it was there or what??
Old 11-21-2006, 08:25 AM
11 Second Club

by the way, how long ago did this happen?? because i was searching the other day on ebay for a LS1 motor and came accross a real cheap one. I think it was around 2500 buy it now and i was like wow, thats a really cheap motor. Check it out on ebay. If i find the link again to it i will post if for you to check out. Maybe if we all search for things we can take one or all these scumbags that were involved down.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Y2K Z28
I'm sorry if i seem insensative here. My first question is what kinda alarms were on such a nice car? You have a car that nice and live in an apartment complex? Looking for trouble if you ask me. Are you a super heavy sleeper or something? Idk about you but I'd hear a tow truck that pulled up and took my car away man. If i had to park my car any farther then ear shot it'd make sure it had a good alarm system on it. I'm really sorry about your loss but, you really could take steps to prevent it. I only have a factory alarm on mine so I park it under my bedroom window so when i sleep my head is literally 4 feet from the cars drive door. I'm lucky that my driveway permits that. I also have a yappy jack russel that lets me know if anyone is outside. If I didnt my car would have a secondary alarm system. Sorry about your loss but it coulda been easily prevented. Why wasnt the first upgrade you made a good alarm system? I've seen ones where you cant touch the car without everything making noise. One tip I have for you is to ask your neighbors if they saw anything. Not sure about where you live but my place has people active all hours of the night. They would've naturally thought your super nice sports car was being repoed and not said anything. Ask around.
you'd be surprised how many cars I get in the middle of the night with the flatbed and not one light comes on, not one blind moves, personally, it scares me...when I use the wheel lift truck, it's even worse, I'm in and out in about 1-3 minutes...

sorry to hear about your car...theives suck and deserve to die, like horse theives did back in the day
Old 11-21-2006, 08:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That really sucks. It's even worse that it's one of the hard top cars. Sorry to see it that way. I expected that it was stolen for joy riding and would be totaled and not stripped.

One thing that struck me as odd, in one pic of the engine compartment, they put the bolt back into the motor mount and it looks like the put the nut back on it. That's something I do when I take things apart so that I'll know what bolts go where and not be digging through a box of hardware. Why would anyone stripping a car care if the bolts can be found or not? Unless they had "amateur" help, or they don't do much of this. I can't imagine that pros would waste time putting bolts back in the holes. I don't know that it's a clue, but it's something odd that I noticed.

Last edited by trackbird; 11-21-2006 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:37 AM
TECH Resident

Wow... It pained me to just look at your pics, couldn't imagine how it would be to see in person. I am soooo sorry man... I hate to break it to you but insurance will not repair that car, they will want to pay you off. You could take the money and rebuild her even stronger, with all the parts they fly around this site I'm sure you could build a great budget car.

Best of luck, I hope that you find those thieves one day.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

Rebuild??? Are you kidding? it would take MONTHS to work out the bugs from broken stuff that you don't see. Getting the AC to work right, gauges, switches,etc. Lots of man hours...means lots of money. The liability of getting it right is insane.

It is a stinking shame. I had a 86 IROC stolen in the late 80's. It is a crappy feeling. It was recovered with a lot of busted stuff inside, like the steering column, and the stereo gone, but mostly intact. You just feel totally violated. We traded it immediately upon recovery for a new 88 350 IROC. I was able to recover and fall in love with the new one...

It is a car...not a person. And a car can be replaced. You would have to be a VERY good mechanic to reassemble a car like that.

Good luck. You do feel violated, but praise God it was your car and not a person close to you. Best advice is to search for a great deal on another one.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:54 AM
10 Second Club

I didn't read everything but did you have insurance? I would collect the insurance money buy another F-body and sell that as a roller.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TightSS
Rebuild??? Are you kidding? it would take MONTHS to work out the bugs from broken stuff that you don't see. Getting the AC to work right, gauges, switches,etc. Lots of man hours...means lots of money. The liability of getting it right is insane.

It is a car...not a person. And a car can be replaced. You would have to be a VERY good mechanic to reassemble a car like that.
Well, thats me and I guess thats why i didnt bat an eye at the idea.

Also depends on what was cut and left alone. He will definitly have to do inventory, but, I am not there to make final judgement. I mean, it cant be that bad, they put the motor mount bolts back in for cripes sake. Then again, you never know. Engine harnesses are dime a dozen on ebay and body parts a pleanty from what I have seen. So, he needs a new trans and motor. You dont think he is not going to rebuild whatever new car he gets? Yea, would be a winter project, but, looks as most basic things are there. If he lived next to me, I would be there with him doing it, encouraging it onward. He already has his rear in there, why pay for that again? If he liked what he had before, redo it. If he wanted a change anyways, move on.

Go for it Nakoz!! Show them thieves they can suck yer n***s and put a good alarm on it next time.

Reminds me of that james bond movie where the guy tried to get into Bonds car by picking the lock. Car had 3lbs of plastic explosives in it ..... BOOOM!! Hey, car was totaled, but, the theif sure didnt get away THAT time!!
Old 11-21-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Honestly, at this point, that's a good basis for a road race car. Sadly, I don't think it's practical to put it all back together as a daily driver (AC and stuff). For a stripped drag car or track car, it's probably not a bad starting point, but it will never be the "same". I had a car broken into, and after that, I really didn't care what happened to it. Once it's been violated, it's hard to fall back in love with them (I feel like the guy with the stolen 3rd gen, and mine wasn't even stolen).

I'm sorry to see it in that state, I was hoping it would turn up with minimal (if any) damage, but expecting that some kid would wrap it around a tree (seems to be the usual outcome).

I think I'd start shopping for another one to love. If you're up for starting over.

Do me a favor though, don't let them haul that shell off to the crusher if it can be avoided. Clean, straight hardtop bodies are hard to find.

Sorry to see it in this state.

How far away was it found? Was it dropped somewhere locally?
Old 11-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Sorry about your loss. I do have one question and it has to with any indentifing marks on your rear end like a serial number that we could look out for?
Old 11-21-2006, 02:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

That ****** sucks. How about just getting a GPS tracking device on your next car, this way you know where it's at and can beat those ************* to pulp

Quick Reply: Stolen 2002 Camaro SS