Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Sup guys?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006 | 04:16 PM
TECH Regular

Default Sup guys?

Well im new to this site but not car. I was recenty in a wreck that broke my neck in 2 places and totaled my civic and im gettin lost wages from my insurance company until march 1st. I have a buddy on here his name is Brian(briancws6). But i just wanted to introduce myself.

Im looking into getting an LT1 camaro/firebird thats in my price range. I found one on ebay but the engine is shot but my buddy has a police interceptor LT1 that he will sell me for 400 maybe 350. here is the car is it a good deal?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160063484677

Thanks,
Blake
Old 12-16-2006 | 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Welcome, Good luck on finding your lt1
Old 12-16-2006 | 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome. The car doesn' t look that bad, and having the extra engine parts, could be useful. As far as the 9C1 (Police Package) motor, the biggest downfall, is it falls short of the factory LT1 used in F-bodies by 20 HP, and has iron heads as opposed to aluminum. Also, make sure he has the computer and harness for it, as the F-bodies switched from OBD I to OBD II in `96. The Caprice computer may be necessary for it to run properly, unless you have a local speed shop, that can tune it. Out of curiousity......after having your broken in 2 places.....are you sure you want to be getting into this type of car? If you start modding it, it' ll be hell on your neck during shifting.
Old 12-16-2006 | 06:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Darth Z
Welcome. The car doesn' t look that bad, and having the extra engine parts, could be useful. As far as the 9C1 (Police Package) motor, the biggest downfall, is it falls short of the factory LT1 used in F-bodies by 20 HP, and has iron heads as opposed to aluminum. Also, make sure he has the computer and harness for it, as the F-bodies switched from OBD I to OBD II in `96. The Caprice computer may be necessary for it to run properly, unless you have a local speed shop, that can tune it. Out of curiousity......after having your broken in 2 places.....are you sure you want to be getting into this type of car? If you start modding it, it' ll be hell on your neck during shifting.
I think im good on the computer cause it came out of a 94 caprice same year as the firebird. Would that be ok? Yeah i know about the OBD I and OBD II. Im employed at autozone but on leave for the injury. Yeah im sure i want this lol I had an 89 mustang 5.0 but sold it and that same day i wrecked the civic. I gotta have power, every wreck ive been in was when i was driving safely lmfao the LT1 i can get comes with wiring harness, pulleys, and all that just not the tranny.
Old 12-16-2006 | 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

oh and buy the way what auto tranny is in the 94 LT1 cars? ill prolly go ahead and order a mild cam and stall coverter to save from taking it all down to nothin again! Would LS1 heads work?? What would be a good cam?
Old 12-16-2006 | 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blake110106
I think im good on the computer cause it came out of a 94 caprice same year as the firebird. Would that be ok? Yeah i know about the OBD I and OBD II. Im employed at autozone but on leave for the injury. Yeah im sure i want this lol I had an 89 mustang 5.0 but sold it and that same day i wrecked the civic. I gotta have power, every wreck ive been in was when i was driving safely lmfao the LT1 i can get comes with wiring harness, pulleys, and all that just not the tranny.
It sounds like it' ll work fine, but I' d check in the hybrid and LT1 sections for the technicals on it, just to make sure. I was just checking, to see if you wanted to go through with it. I' ve never had my neck broken, and don' t know how well that will heal. Seems like you could have some lasting side-effects from that wreck.

Originally Posted by blake110106
oh and buy the way what auto tranny is in the 94 LT1 cars? ill prolly go ahead and order a mild cam and stall coverter to save from taking it all down to nothin again! Would LS1 heads work?? What would be a good cam?
The auto is the 4L60. The LT1 is a Gen II engine, and the LS1 is a Gen III. The Gen III shares no parts whatsoever with the Gen II. As far as a good cam, I really have no idea what to recommend.

Last edited by Darth Z; 12-16-2006 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-16-2006 | 07:50 PM
TECH Regular

ok thanks man
Old 12-16-2006 | 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

No prob dude!