LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Not Happy w/6LE McNord Overlays

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Not Happy w/6LE McNord Overlays

Sorry, this is LONG!
I know I'm a bit of a perfectionist, especially when it comes to my car. But when I make an order for $380 ($320 for overlays alone), I expect to be happy with my purchase. That's not pocket change!

Everybody talked highly of Mark and the overlays he offers. I had just purchased vinyl overlays on eBay when I discovered 6LE, and his overlays looked so nice I decided to not install my vinyl overlays and order from him. I have been looking forward to receiving these for months.

I'm going to leave out some of my small complaints (no rear defrost light, 5 fan control dots when my **** only has 4 positions, etc.). This is why I'm not very happy:

I ordered the SS/ABS bezel. It's been over 2 months since I placed my order, I have yet to receive my ABS bezel. That's nearly 2 months I've been driving around without my gauge cluster properly installed.

I ordered the gradient shadow effect, in bright red. On Mark's site, there is a picture of this effect (he now tells me this is in DIRECT SUNLIGHT! I don't know about you, but my gauge cluster is not in direct sunlight very often). I asked him if he had a picture of the effect on HVAC controls, and he told me Sommer had ordered that effect. I contacted Sommer, and he sent me pics.

I decided to order drop shadows (this fades the color BETWEEN gauges). My overlays in person have very little color to them, significantly less than the pictures of example Mark and Sommer showed me. The color fades well before the numbers on the gauges. See the pics.

I contacted Mark, and even told him I'd make a deal with him since he probably doesn't want to remake them for nothing. He tells me they made no errors, and I can pay $250 (this only saves me $ on the artwork, which is $70) to have them remade. His website says, "IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE FINISHED ORDER ONCE YOU RECEIVE IT WE WILL REPLACE IT FREE OF CHARGE so no need to worry regardless."

I'm not too hard to please. I installed the overlays in my car hoping I could live with them, but after driving around with them for a week or so, I'm just not happy with the color. I love the idea of McNord's gauges, and appreciate what Mark and McNord have done. I'm not happy with the coloring on my overlays, or even their renowned customer service. I just want to be happy, especially since Mark has said he is going to stop offering the overlays soon.

This is what is on their website (apparently in direct sun):

My overlays with a 400W light shining on them (it's a lot darker in the car):

The HVAC overlays Sommer ordered:

The HVAC overlays I received:
Old 05-04-2010, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

As you can see, my color fades before it reaches the numbers on the gauges. There is very little red, and looking into the car it's very hard to notice I have custom gauges.

Also, on Sommer's HVAC controls the color runs along the entire overlay, unlike mine where the color only comes from the very center.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:05 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, what a liar ($250, really?!?!) you are. You got EXACTLY the overlays YOU ordered (the shadow is different than Sommer's because you added the drop shadow) you got EXACTLY the overlays that I posted artwork wise BEFORE we printed AND we even offered to print new overlays for you, THE ENTIRE SET, for $150 (repeatedly I told you we'd redo it all for the base price of an overlay, $149.99 never said anything about $250) which is LESS than what it costs us to do a full set so DESPITE THERE NOT BEING A MISTAKE ON OUR PART WE'RE STILL OFFERING TO TAKE A LOSS TO MAKE YOU HAPPY...

Guess what, that offer is gone... For those who want to know the truth, I kept all the e-mails:

---- Mark DeLisle <madelisle@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I honestly don't know how to make this anymore clear to you...
>
> 1) Your overlays are exactly what YOU chose...
>
> 2) Your overlays look exactly like the artwork we posted and linked you to BEFORE we printed...
>
> 3) Despite the fact there is NO ERROR on our part we are offering to remake them for for you (ALL OF THEM HOWEVER YOU WANT THEM) for $150 which still leaves us in the negative (our cost to print a full set is more than that).
>
> This is the last time I am making this offer...
>
> Mark
>
> --- On Tue, 5/4/10, Jeff Hagen <thecarguy8@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> From: Jeff Hagen <thecarguy8@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: Fw: Re: Gauge Overlays?
> To: "Mark DeLisle" <madelisle@yahoo.com>
> Date: Tuesday, May 4, 2010, 11:50 PM
>
> The fact that my gradient shadow looks nothing like what you have on your website and what Summer showed sounds like a mistake to me.
>
> Gauge overlays and HVAC controls would be $250, on top of the $320 I already paid for overlays. I don't know about you, but for most people a couple hundred dollars is not small change.
>
> --- On Tue, 5/4/10, Mark DeLisle <madelisle@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> From: Mark DeLisle <madelisle@yahoo.com>
> To: "Jeff Hagen" <thecarguy8@yahoo.com>, "bdeeney@***.net" <bdeeney@***.net>
> Date: Tuesday, May 4, 2010, 10:28 PM
>
> We are offering it all to you for the base price of an overlay $150 basically, the cost of the materials to reprint all of that...
>
> I sent a mass e-mail to everyone (via the e-mail you paypal'd from which is the same as the e-mail you're replying from now
>
thecarguy8@yahoo.com) on March 26th linking to where the artwork was posted...
>
> Us replacing it for free is when we have made an error. Ex. You wanted a Firebird Symbol and we messed up and put a bowtie...
>
> Mark
>
> --- On Tue, 5/4/10, Jeff Hagen <thecarguy8@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Date: Tuesday, May 4, 2010, 6:55 PM
>
> How am I supposed to know where you post the artwork?
>
> In person these overlays are SIGNIFICANTLY darker than even the artwork you show.
>
> Mine do not look like the picture on your website (in direct sunlight? Talk
about misleading!), or the HVAC controls that Sommer has. You probably don't remember, but I asked you if you had a picture of HVAC controls with gradient shadow, and told me Sommer had ordered some. I asked him to send me some pics and he did. My HVAC controls do not look like those, either.
>
> I expected my gauges to look a lot different (see pics), and they look nothing like that. Now you're saying you will fix it, but I have to pay $250? So much for what you say on your website: "IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE FINISHED ORDER ONCE YOU RECEIVE
IT WE WILL REPLACE IT FREE OF CHARGE so no need to worry regardless."
>
>
> To: "Jeff Hagen" <thecarguy8@yahoo.com>, "bdeeney@***.net" <bdeeney@***.net>
> Date: Tuesday, May 4, 2010, 6:56 PM
>
> There are alot of things people order that we think looks odd but that's what the customer wants so that is what we make (a turned metal with white face comes to mind, we thought it was crazy, customer wanted it) and we don't judge.
>
> We do however post artwork beforehand so you can tell us if you want changes made before
print...
>
> https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...se-11-a-3.html
>
> Yours looks like the artwork...
>
> Again however, we will make sure you end up with an overlay you are happy with before we do this last run.
>
> Just tell us what your dream overlay would be (whatever changes you want, etc...) and you won't be charged for the artwork (because again you've already paid that fee), just the base price of the overlay...
>
> Mark
>
> ---
On Tue, 5/4/10, Jeff Hagen <thecarguy8@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Date: Tuesday, May 4, 2010, 10:54 AM
>
> Well drop shadows should only make the gauges darker between the gauges, not out near the numbers. The red on my gauges fades out before the numbers, which is not what the pictures on your site show.
>
> Looking at what I paid, and adding it up on your website, I must not have ordered the script/number art. I must have decided last minute that it wasn't worth $40. That's my mistake.
>
> If I saw the overlays I received before I paid $380 for
this order, I would have never spent that kind of money on them...
>
>
> Subject: Fw: Re: Gauge Overlays?
> To: thecarguy8@yahoo.com, "bdeeney@***.net"
<bdeeney@***.net>
> Date: Tuesday, May 4, 2010, 5:10 AM
>
> Actually, McNord just made some points and looking further into your order (with the exception of the ABS bezel I still owe you, am cutting and will ship) we actually did everything exactly as you ordered (with drop shadow making it darker, you did NOT order the script/number art option, etc...)...
>
> I'm sorry but we can't offer a discount because you didn't like the orders you made. If you choose to do another overlay, any artwork you already paid for you won't have to pay for again since we have it on file but that is as far as we can go with discounting it...
>
> Here's the reason for the other things you mentioned (below in McNord's e-mail to me)...
>
> --- On Mon, 5/3/10, bdeeney@***.net <bdeeney@***.net>
wrote:
>
> From: bdeeney@***.net <bdeeney@***.net>
> Subject: Re: Gauge Overlays?
> Date: Monday, May 3, 2010, 10:21 AM
>
> The red is darker because of the drop shadow which was requested, also the order states "NO" to the script option for the numbers having the silver look. As far as the needle stops & the holes for the pins on the headlight I can't cut those. They are TOO small & tear the overlay, the material is too thick. There are 5 marks on the fan speed for asthetic purposes which has been posted in pics over & over & able to be seen on the proof as well.
>
>
> ---- Mark DeLisle <madelisle@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Sorry, I just saw the ABS part... I may have missed something (won't be the first time) but
the order just said:
> >
> >
1 x
> 6LE Bezel
> Stainless Steel
> >
> > Just looked at it right now...
> >
> > As far as the overlays, none are made with needle stops as the needle stops aren't necessary at all...
> >
> > The alignment pin holes must have been a mistake at the factory as they all normally have them...
> >
> > Green is different than the red. Your red should look like this (although even this pic is slightly misleading as it was in direct sunlight and looks more red than it really does)...
> >
> > http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...uges/dhday.jpg
> >
> > It is due to bleed through that he makes it darker than his original green one...
> >
> > I don't know why you
have 5 dots on
the A/C though, mine (that he made) only has four but I think he left the off position off of mine. We can remake if you like...
> >
> > Mark
> >
> >
> >
> > --- On Sat, 5/1/10, Jeff Hagen <thecarguy8@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > From: Jeff Hagen <thecarguy8@yahoo.com>
> > Subject: Re: Gauge Overlays?
> > To: "Mark DeLisle" <madelisle@yahoo.com>
> > Date: Saturday, May 1, 2010, 10:49 AM
> >
> > Mark,
> >
> > I have now received the SS bezel and overlays, but I have not received my ABS bezel.
> >
> > I got my overlays a couple of days ago, and I can't say I'm very happy about them. The color is
nowhere near the picture of the gradient shadow you have shown on your website. My gauges are very dark, with the red fading very quickly. This is nothing like the green McNord ones you have shown.
> >
> > Also, I cannot believe McNord doesn't make them with the hole cut out for the RPM needle stop for the Camaros. The headlight switch also has two alignment pins in the lower corners that are not cut out on the new overlays. The overlays have holes in them for the alignment pins, so I don't see why holes are not there for the needle stop and other pins.
> >
> > Lastly, it's not a big deal, but why are there 5 dots on the fan
> control? My **** only has four positions, and the 5 dots look funny.
> >

>

Last edited by 6LITEREATER; 05-07-2010 at 02:19 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:08 AM
Banned

Oh, and the ABS bezel was something I said I'd throw in for free in some e-mail a LONG time ago. I apologized that I had forgotten (I only get about 100 e-mails a day) and since it wasn't in the note in the order didn't know to send it.

I also told you I would honor that, and still will, and was having it cut. It is finished tomorrow and will be in the mail on Monday.

I'll send you a refund for the emblem as I will not be mailing that to you at this point.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:10 AM
Banned

...and people wonder why we're done making these.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:31 AM
On The Tree

Wow, and everybody talks about how great your customer service is. What I have experienced from you is far from great.

I'm sorry I misunderstood about the price. I thought you meant both overlays when I typed this, which would add up to $250.

As a matter of fact, I did add a note to my order about the ABS bezel, and you called me a liar?

You have on your website that you will replace any overlays if there is a problem with them. I just sent you an email with a number of problems with my overlays.

Last edited by SuperSport346; 05-07-2010 at 02:56 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:53 AM
TECH Addict

I'm sorry to hear you aren't happy...

For the record....my overlays (the entire set) is 100% custom to what I ASKED FOR. Like I posted in the other thread, "go crazy and be creative. These can have ANYTHING you want on them".

Examples:
- I wanted only 4 "dots" so I asked for only 4 (well actually I asked for girls with different hair do's). Got it.

- I wasn't crazy about McNords gradiant on the HVAC controls, so I asked him for a custom one....one that went horizontal rather than vertical. He absolutely had no problem with it and made it. Got it.

- Did you ask for the defrost light? I didn't. And i didn't get one. After I noticed it, I paid for a new one to get made, and it did get made....with the light (not all cars have defrost, so it isn't a default). Got it.

- I also requested a temperature control (the red to blue circle) that was more like factory, but with words in it. I got that too.

I did as much custom work as I could because like you, I'm kind of picky about my car, so I was REALLY a pain in the butt about what i wanted. I'm pretty sure McNord was pissed at all my changes too, lol. I even told him to start cutting the overlays differently so all of us could get everything to light better. It all got done.

I know it isn't too out of line to copy my overlays because someone in the last GP got some EXACTLY like mine as far as the horizontal gradient and the girls everywhere go. It was even the gradient red! I think Mark is also using it.

This is why we tell you to go all out...to avoid you not being happy. You actually get 100% control over what you overlays look like. Right down to the dots. It's truly a custom piece once you're done with it. All you have to do is ask. We've sold hundreds of these and every single one was made to what he/she wanted.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

I asked Mark if he had a picture of gradient shadow on the HVAC controls, so I could get an idea of how it looked. He directed me to you. Nobody said you had your G.S. custom ordered, so I expected mine to look like yours.

The problems I have with the HVAC controls should have never happened. I selected on my order that I have rear defrost, and that should have included the indicator light. The 5 dots rather than 4 is just stupid.

Looking at your HVAC control, I realize you fixed all of the problems I have with it. That is how they should have been made in the first place, it makes a lot more sense.

Yes, I could have possibly noticed some of these things prior to ordering, but I did not sit in my car with my computer and compare pictures on 6LE with my factory overlays. Everybody says these are just as good as factory, so I had no worries.

Honestly, the deal Mark ended up making me for $150 to redo them however I wanted sounded pretty decent (I just wanted more color, and to make the HVAC controls look more like factory), and I was considering doing it. In his last couple of emails, and his response on here, however, has made me not want to work with him any more.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SuperSport346
I asked Mark if he had a picture of gradient shadow on the HVAC controls, so I could get an idea of how it looked. He directed me to you. Nobody said you had your G.S. custom ordered, so I expected mine to look like yours.

The problems I have with the HVAC controls should have never happened. I selected on my order that I have rear defrost, and that should have included the indicator light. The 5 dots rather than 4 is just stupid.

Looking at your HVAC control, I realize you fixed all of the problems I have with it. That is how they should have been made in the first place, it makes a lot more sense.

Yes, I could have possibly noticed some of these things prior to ordering, but I did not sit in my car with my computer and compare pictures on 6LE with my factory overlays. Everybody says these are just as good as factory, so I had no worries.

Honestly, the deal Mark ended up making me for $150 to redo them however I wanted sounded pretty decent (I just wanted more color, and to make the HVAC controls look more like factory), and I was considering doing it. In his last couple of emails, and his response on here, however, has made me not want to work with him any more.
As with everyone else, your artwork was posted BEFORE we printed and you were e-mailed with the link. Also as McNord said, yours is not the exception, when you look at pics of everyone else's it is the rule...

I was offering to be out of pocket a little to help you get what you wanted. You didn't respond to my last e-mail making it CLEAR that we were asking you to only pay LESS than the cost of the printing AND we were going to allow you to make changes until your heart was content with free artwork.

You then don't respond and go public. Why would we want to still bend over for you?

If you read the e-mails we were going to remake the HVAC for you. Then McNord pointed out you were wanting things you didn't pay for and complaining about things that were clearly on the artwork for your approval.

It didn't matter because you wanted and entire new overlay very different than what you ordered so we were willing to do that.

Out of 200 overlays you're the first problem where someone got exactly the artwork we posted and now want a free remake because you don't want things you ordered (drop shadow, white letters, etc...).
Old 05-07-2010, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

Mark, you told me you sent me an email with a link to the artwork. I did not receive such an email. Whether I received it and deleted it on accident or never received it, I do not know.

As I have told you, I know I ordered gradient shadow, and I understand this is going to make the gauges slightly darker. It should not make the gauges fade out quicker near the numbers, however. I was not informed Sommer's G.S. was custom. You did screw up on my symbols. Why there is no rear defrost light is beyond me, when I specifically selected on my order that my car has that option.

I do not want an overlay very different than what I ordered. If I had them remade, I would only like to change a couple of things that should have been done differently in the first place. I guess I would like to remove the gradient shadow as well, since that apparently affects the color of the whole thing. Now that you seem willing to work with me (unlike the first couple of emails I received from you), I will consider your offer. I really just want to be happy, and I don't want you guys to be unhappy with me either. I'm sorry if I've been hard to work with, but I paid a significant amount for something I am not happy with, and I am upset about it.

Quick Reply: Not Happy w/6LE McNord Overlays