LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Partstaxi refuses return/exchange-Any thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Partstaxi refuses return/exchange-Any thoughts?

*I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section, I figured here it would get the most attention/views*

Before placing an order with parts taxi I spoke with the parts manager Kevin a few times via e-mail. Long story short, he made me feel comfortable ordering OEM parts through them even to Canada.

One of the items ordered was a brand new scissor jack and jack handle which I found out was going to be discontinued soon and I wanted a mint, never before used one.

The jack+handle arrived in a box with no protection on them what so ever, one piece of bubble wrap managed to cover most of the handle which together with the jack was completely scratched top to bottom and had a few years worth of dust on it that I cleaned off.

After proceeding to e-mail Kevin immediately asking to return these parts, he tells me that there is NO need to return them as they are BRAND new GM parts, so why return them?

I have no idea what to do, I have a bill of over 200 dollars I paid them and scratched, used looking parts I couldn't even sell to someone on the forums. Guys, any ideas or suggestions?

I warn anyone here to look elsewhere if you want parts.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Striker
*I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section, I figured here it would get the most attention/views*

Before placing an order with parts taxi I spoke with the parts manager Kevin a few times via e-mail. Long story short, he made me feel comfortable ordering OEM parts through them even to Canada.

One of the items ordered was a brand new scissor jack and jack handle which I found out was going to be discontinued soon and I wanted a mint, never before used one.

The jack+handle arrived in a box with no protection on them what so ever, one piece of bubble wrap managed to cover most of the handle which together with the jack was completely scratched top to bottom and had a few years worth of dust on it that I cleaned off.

After proceeding to e-mail Kevin immediately asking to return these parts, he tells me that there is NO need to return them as they are BRAND new GM parts, so why return them?

I have no idea what to do, I have a bill of over 200 dollars I paid them and scratched, used looking parts I couldn't even sell to someone on the forums. Guys, any ideas or suggestions?

I warn anyone here to look elsewhere if you want parts.

If you are really upset with it and you paid with a credit card call your credit card company and dispute it.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Launching!

Thumbs down Kick this sponser

This type of thread normally goes in the sponser feedback section. Mods move it there please.

I had the same Problem, he sent me a outer door trim for a 2005 GM Truck.

I ordered the RF fender liner for my 2002 camaro.
I told UPS I would not accpet this and they shipped it back.
He didn't care to do anything, lost my money.
I TRIPLE checked the part #, he told me since I didnt give him my VIN he wouldnt even refund my money or send me the part that was stated on the invoice.
The invoice even showed the correct part # was for a RF 2002 Camaro fender liner, but what showed up was wrong.

I'll see if i can dig up his email.

This Sponser needs to be KICKED off the site, he is a TOOL

I wish to mail this sponser a box full of dog ****, Merry Christmas!

All fellow LS1 members, LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR PARTS

Last edited by camcamaro1991; 09-16-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Unbelieavable. I really think that I'm **** out of luck. He was also suppose to send me these interior screws which he never did as well as a brand new brake fluid reservoir. Instead of the res, he sends me a master cylinder repair kit?

Someone that lives near by should go and pay him a visit.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Launching!

Striker post your feedback in the Feedback section, this is the wrong section.
Other folks on here will need to know your side of the story, then link this thread to the Sponser Feedback section for ref....

Unbelieavable. I really think that I'm **** out of luck. He was also suppose to send me these interior screws which he never did as well as a brand new brake fluid reservoir. Instead of the res, he sends me a master cylinder repair kit?

Old 09-07-2010, 05:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my order was missing parts and they sent them to me right away
Old 09-07-2010, 05:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't forget about us! We will ship worldwide as well!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

The point of the matter is that this douche wont exchange or even yet, respond to my email when I suggested to him that I will take a picture of the damaged jack and handle.

I was always under the impression that when you buy a NEW part, it should LOOK new as well. He also sent me a part that I never ordered.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

The point of the matter is that this douche wont exchange or even yet, respond to my email when I suggested to him that I will take a picture of the damaged jack and handle.

I was always under the impression that when you buy a NEW part, it should LOOK new as well. He also sent me a part that I never ordered.
Wow, it's funny how the truth gets lost in a thread like this. You emailed me stating that these were used parts and you wanted to return them. I responded to you stating that they are new GM parts, with no need to return. I then went out of town for a few days, and got back in the office today. This morning, I read your email stating that you still weren't happy (I'll leave out the explitives for the sake of the forum). My response to you was and still is, send back the parts you are unhappy with and I will gladly give you a refund.

If there is anyone else I may have upset, please call me or pm me so I can do what ever is needed to make it right. My staff and I are only human, and unfortunately, errors do occur from time to time. Please let me know what they are so I can fix them and keep them from happening in the future. You can email me at kevin@partstaxi.com, or, my direct line is 302-883-0227.

John, we ship world wide as well, but thanks for your input.

Thank You
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
Old 09-08-2010, 04:11 PM

This part may be a little uncalled for or even childish. But if anyone wants to stop by and say hi, our address is;

17861 Coastal Highway
Lewes DE 19958
Old 09-08-2010, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's done is done Kevin, I gladly gave my order to you guys being under the impression that I will be receiving BRAND new parts. The fact that they may have been labele brand new does NOT make these specific parts that I received brand new.

I'm very glad you sent me an email regarding the refund. The package will be mailed back to you folks tomorrow.

Thank you.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:14 PM

What's done is done Kevin, I gladly gave my order to you guys being under the impression that I will be receiving BRAND new parts. The fact that they may have been labele brand new does NOT make these specific parts that I received brand new.

I'm very glad you sent me an email regarding the refund. The package will be mailed back to you folks tomorrow.

Thank you.
How many threads are you going to open on this subject. From my understanding, you are upset because the jack has a scratch on it. I have offered you a full refund. What else would you like me to do to make you happy?

Quick Reply: Partstaxi refuses return/exchange-Any thoughts?