LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Thunder racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down Thunder racing

I placed an order for a Nick Williams 92 mm Throttle body on 5/24/11 I paid for 3 day shipping as well. My card was charged on the 27th.

I sent an email on June 1st asking what was going on with my order. I did not receive a reply. Then on June 3rd I sent another email stating this is my 2nd email and that I have paid for 3 days shipping and still have not received an email with shipping info. and that I was very disappointed seeing as I have been buying from them for over 10yrs.

I got an email back on June 3rd saying "I am sorry that no one has gotten back to you. I have that throttle body drop shipping straight from Nick Williams to you. I will call him first thing when he opens up to get you a tracking #. I am very sorry for the lack of communication you received on this particular order. I will make sure that this does not happen again. John "

Well 2 days go by and no tracking #. So on June 6th I send another email asking if he got me my tracking #. and I got no response once again.

So I called on June 8th and spoke to John ( i believe) and he told me Angie was getting tracking numbers and he would call me back with it. Well that never happened.

It has been going on 3 weeks and they can't supply me with a tracking # or even an est. date I would receive my TB. I didn't want to bring this public but I can not get an answer from them any other way. I hope this is a one off issue and that they do whats right. either refund me my money or get me my TB ASAP.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I just called and demanded my money to be refunded. They said it would be refunded within 48 hrs. so that tells me that my TB was never shipped and that Nick Williams never even got the order or is waiting for thunder to pay him. from what I have read through the 6 pms I received since I posted this is that this is common practice at Thunder nowadays.

So people be warned if you want a part you should buy from a shop who stocks the parts not drop ships.

I could not even get a response from Thunder via my emails and phone calls. I hope this post stays up to warn about the shady practices from this sponsor.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike,

I do apologize for the lack of communication on my part on this order. I did try repeatedly to get you a tracking # or a status but was unsuccessful with the manufacturer. Is that your problem, no, but I will not sit here and let you speak to me the way that you did on the phone. I know that you will not order with us again and that is fine. I would rather not, and will not sell you another part for this reason and would advise any other vendor to never deal with you in the future. You were refunded in full and it will be posted in 2 to 3 business days. For what you said as you were hanging up the phone, YOU CAN DO THE SAME!!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ThunderStruk
Mike,

I do apologize for the lack of communication on my part on this order. I did try repeatedly to get you a tracking # or a status but was unsuccessful with the manufacturer. Is that your problem, no, but I will not sit here and let you speak to me the way that you did on the phone. I know that you will not order with us again and that is fine. I would rather not, and will not sell you another part for this reason and would advise any other vendor to never deal with you in the future. You were refunded in full and it will be posted in 2 to 3 business days. For what you said as you were hanging up the phone, YOU CAN DO THE SAME!!!!!!!
for the readers I said ****** ******** as I was hanging up. I said I just want my money refunded because I was sick of being treated like I was. and that it was bullshit. You said absolutely nothing to even defend yourself. until now. real classy guy. take my money and hide. Until I demand it back and throw this post up. You blew me off numerous amounts of times. I do not deny saying anything bad. But now all of a sudden you post after I call. huh that's funny you are a real shady business person.

I might be difficult to deal with at times but if you give me what I pay for I keep spending a lot of money... your loss.......
Old 06-13-2011, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just want to thank all the other sponsors who sent me PM's with great offers on a throttle body. I have one coming and I have a guarantee it will be here by Friday. My card will not be charged until I am given my tracking # too. Which will be tomorrow morning.

Its nice to see how some of the sponsors here still know a thing or two about loyalty and customer service.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike,

I am not sure what happened regarding your order in this instance. I did find out that you were not charged until we were able to contact Nick Williams and place the order for your throttle body. It is normal practice to charge a customer once the order is confirmed with the supplier. Once the order was placed, we attempted to contact Nick Williams numerous times regarding the status of your order and were unable to get an answer.

I would like to apologize for your experience with your order. I have worked extremely hard to uphold the highest standards of customer service and expect nothing less from those who work for me. Anyone on this board who has dealt with me will attest to that fact. I can't control everything that goes on around here but in the end it is all my responsibilty.

I see that your main issue with us was a lack of communication. It looks like we completely deserve that. What I will tell you is that there are no "shady" business practices going on here and if you had an issue, I wish you would have come to either myself or Angie or at least asked to speak to a manager. I never like hearing that one of our customers is unhappy, especially when it turns into a shouting match with the customer using some very nasty language.

If there was anything I could do to undo what happened I would. Unfortunately, it sounds like I can't. If you would like to discuss this further, let me know via phone or PM and I would be happy to hear your concerns first hand.

Again, remember, up until now, I had no knowlege of this incident and therefore no opportunity to make it right.

Thanks,

Shane Burgess
Co-Owner/VP Operations
Thunder Performance Group, Inc.
D/b/a Thunder Racing
Old 06-14-2011, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

PM sent Shane. Its good to see you came in to show concern. I just hope for all the members on here who buy from you will not get unanswered emails from John again so not to have to come to you and this.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you for your understanding, Mike. I appreciate you posting and replying to my post.

Thanks,
Shane

Quick Reply: Thunder racing