LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

ARE Statement

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Nick

If you read this can you call me, haven't heard from ya in a while. I left my number on your cell.

Thanks

John
Old 05-02-2004, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Hey Nick

If you read this can you call me, haven't heard from ya in a while. I left my number on your cell.

Thanks

John
Nick was pretty jammed last week getting some things sorted out. I had trouble getting hold of him. This week should be better and I'm sure he'll get back to you, but if you want try him again on his cell Monday. You might also want to talk to Ray, Brian or Pete K, they know what's going on and are easier to reach during the day.

Good luck
Old 05-03-2004, 09:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Truckin'
Nick, this is Chris McMillen. Is there anything that you would be willing to do to straighten my situation out, even though it goes back a few years. My car still sits in the garage after the MANY thousands of dollars that I spent. I know that you have seen that I still post about my experience with you guys before you left even after the BS I took from all of your blinded deciples. I'd be very pleased to hear from you with some kind of peace offering.
Chris & Nick, I really hope something is worked out on this. IMO that would go a long way to restoring ARE to grace. Wade
Old 05-03-2004, 10:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
Chris & Nick, I really hope something is worked out on this. IMO that would go a long way to restoring ARE to grace. Wade
I have talked to Chris and we have set a plan to get things sorted out .

Hi John, I sent you a PM
Old 05-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Hi Nick,
I sent an email to your yahoo account about a week ago regarding the problems I'm finding during an audit of my ARE 396LT1 in the last few weeks. I have not heard an acknoledgement from you yet.
I should be finished the audit shortly and will send the results to you including pictures. I will expect a quick response once this is done.

Shawn L
Old 05-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Hi Nick

I got your message today. I got a little busy this evening but, will be in touch tomorrow sometime during the day. Keep a phone close by.

Thanks for getting back to me.

John

Last edited by XLR8NSS; 05-03-2004 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Hi Nick,
Thanks for the acknowledgement email last week. I just sent the ARE engine audit results to your yahoo account. Please make an effort to look at this asap as there are time requirements that will need to be met.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:06 PM
Teching In

Just wanted to hear if anyone is getting any corrective actions done by ARE in a timely manner?
I approached Nick with my engine audit (of which is quite bad in terms of engine machining tolerances and parts missing that I paid for) and he told me I had a case and that he would send funds to fix some issues and also replacement parts for others. At least that was 2 weeks ago. He is since dodging the issues and changing his story. And is extremely hard to get a hold of. Funny how things change once the heat is off ARE.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:20 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

I think he has been dealing with a number of projects and has been working his way though them.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:21 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Trust me the heat is not off ARE. Nick is dealing with things the best he can right now. Give him a chance and I think you'll be surprised. I speak from personal experience. I have been EXTREMELY patient and things are finally paying off for me.

Give them a chance but, don't expect to get everything taken care of lickety split.

I am not downing you or anything just letting you know that things are getting taken care of in as timely a fashion as Nick can get them done.

I'm not saying your concerns aren't important either but, not everyone can be first on the list.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:19 PM
7 Second Club

I made an unannounced visit to ARE last Monday.I made a 1,000 mile round trip to check on the status of my car.It was at the point they said it would be.I had to make the trip to see if they were on the verge of going under.The place was full of Vettes and F-bodies and appeared to be really hopping.I see my 15 month debacle coming to a close soon.They have no reason to not be done in the coming weeks.Unfortunately I won't have enough time to make N vs S and will miss my 4th LS1Tech race in a row since handing ARE my car and shitloads of money.My plan was to go to every race this year,regardless of location and compete with the faster cars.Thanks a bunch Wade/Nick you have turned something that used to be fun to me into the most infuriating experience of my life.I'll run the nitrous this year than pull the ARE engine and sell it.A big turbo combo will be replacing it.Right now my hands are tied but soon enough they won't be.

Last edited by 10.5 Dave; 05-25-2004 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 422 SS
I made an unannounced visit to ARE last Monday.I made a 1,000 mile round trip to check on the status of my car.It was at the point they said it would be.I had to make the trip to see if they were on the verge of going under.The place was full of Vettes and F-bodies and appeared to be really hopping.I see my 15 month debacle coming to a close soon.They have no reason to not be done in the coming weeks.Unfortunately I won't have enough time to make N vs S and will miss my 4th LS1Tech race in a row since handing ARE my car and shitloads of money.My plan was to go to every race this year,regardless of location and compete with the faster cars.Thanks a bunch Wade/Nick you have turned something that used to be fun to me into the most infuriating experience of my life.I'll run the nitrous this year than pull the ARE engine and sell it.A big turbo combo will be replacing it.Right now my hands are tied but soon enough they won't be.
Hey man, sorry to hear about your post. I have been following your posts for quite a while and Im looking at putting something major together and this kind of post scares the **** out of me and dumping 20k anywhere. I cant even get a return phone call from MTI when they say theyll call so I can spend some money.....Hang in there.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Trust me the heat is not off ARE. Nick is dealing with things the best he can right now. Give him a chance and I think you'll be surprised. I speak from personal experience. I have been EXTREMELY patient and things are finally paying off for me.

Give them a chance but, don't expect to get everything taken care of lickety split.

I am not downing you or anything just letting you know that things are getting taken care of in as timely a fashion as Nick can get them done.

I'm not saying your concerns aren't important either but, not everyone can be first on the list.
I have to agree with the above mentioned thus far. Those who know me know what I went thru and obviously I experienced problems with A.R.E last year when Wade was in control.

As PSJ mentioned Nick is dealing with many prior problem projects caused during his absences. My engine being one of those projects is currently being addressed. I can understand everyones frustrations, I have my own but considering how many problems needing attention from Nick even a call back from him my take extra time.

Personally I have all good things to say about Nick and how he has so far handled my motor problems todate in getting issues rectified. Nick returned my call and or e-mails in a time frame exceptable considering what he has on his plate. I'm very pleased with what Nick is willing to do in order to make things wright. More to the point Nick actually offered me a much better more exspensive cylinder head in exchange straight up for my current heads as well as fixing what needed to be fixed.

I'm pleased with what Nick offered me and happy to say everything seems to be currently getting fixed with my engine the way it should have been if not better. I was also given a pickup date which is in another week. I look forward to getting the motor back and seeing what it will do in my tube chassis car.

Give the guy a chance and a little time because he will try to work things out with ya to make thing good. Just consider some of his current projects he is working on now require all of his time to get them finished so possibly phone calls and e-mails are handled when the free time is available?

Best of luck to everyone,
Jim Winn
Old 05-26-2004, 07:17 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gofast

Personally I have all good things to say about Nick and how he has so far handled my motor problems todate in getting issues rectified.
Well Jim it's good to see you getting wrapped up.I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling for Nick.I paid these guys 20 grand in 2002 to put together a ATI D-1 combo together along with some other things.I made a 17 hr round trip to pick up my car,eagerly anticipating driving it.Well I didn't make it to the freeway(3/4 mile from home)before it slung the blower belt.I called Nick and he didn't want to talk to me,he just handed the phone to the guy that installed it.I have reports from unnamed,reliable people(maybe a sponsor or two on this board)that they knew full well that it was a belt slinger but gave it to me anyway.I found this out after they had my car and money this time.A deal was worked out where they would give me credit for the blower and built motor in exchange for a nasty nitrous motor that I could run in Outlaw or Top gun.As soon as the car and 14 grand was dropped off Wade and crew sold the motor and blower immediately.My car sat for a year with basically nothing being done to it.I feel partly responsible for not staying on their *** more but last year was very busy for me and managing 40 employees at peak season doesn't leave much free time.Nick is finally getting on the stick as far as completion,after I sent them $4,000.00 worth of parts in the last 30 days.I know they will finish my car and it will run solid 8's with factory suspension mounting points.It is just very frustrating to see all the big dogs prepping for N vs S while I sit on my *** AGAIN with over $40,000 cash put into this car in the last 2 years.Nick did upgrade my stuff from LS6 heads to the old shop cars C5R heads and custom intake which is a plus.It still doesn't fix all the screwing around I have put up with.Maybe I'm old fashioned or just a ***** but treating me poorly is not forgotten about with a cylinder head upgrade.Personally I would rather pay more for the upgraded stuff upfront than have it used as a bribe after ******* me around.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 422 SS
I hear you on the frustration part. My 346 Street Eliminator was built and installed the last week of January / first week of February 2003 so I too have been waiting 15 months. Unfortunately, the motor's been a turd since day 1 with low power and high oil consumption. I had the car back and forth to ARE 4 times last year for visits ranging from 2 days to 10 days with lots of "apparent" work but no resolution.

Last month I dropped the car off and I was told it would take 1 week to fix, 2 weeks worst case. After two weeks I was told one more week, then one more week, now it's another week. I'm not too impressed with the delays as Saturday is our club's first drag race series event and now I'm out of the season and series championship before the season has even begun.

On Saturday I'm supposed to go pick up the car, which will make it 5 weeks from when it was dropped off. ARE have been very good at fixing this correctly this time including a brand new block and new crank. I sure hope the enjoyment of owning an F-body comes back because for the past two years there has been none.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:02 AM
Launching!

ARE dropped off my car to me this evening. The new motor is in, the car's been tuned and broken in. It's got about 250 street miles on it tonight and all seems great. I've been told to take it to the track tomorrow, so I think that's what I'll do.

Thanks go to Nick and the ARE guys for getting this finished and taken care of. A lot of other shops in their situation would've just closed up and disappeared.

Last edited by Bugblndr; 05-29-2004 at 12:10 AM.
Old 05-29-2004, 06:32 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bugblndr

A lot of other shops in their situation would've just closed up and disappeared.
And covert action would have been undertaken to hold those responsible accountable in a physical way.Bad things happen to bad people.
Old 05-29-2004, 07:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bugblndr
ARE dropped off my car to me this evening. The new motor is in, the car's been tuned and broken in. It's got about 250 street miles on it tonight and all seems great. I've been told to take it to the track tomorrow, so I think that's what I'll do.

Thanks go to Nick and the ARE guys for getting this finished and taken care of. A lot of other shops in their situation would've just closed up and disappeared.
Didja take a look at the weather today? Cool, dry northern air, not a cloud in the sky. It's High School Honda Day today. I'm going down to educate a few and have some fun.

Quick Reply: ARE Statement