LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Maddog not making right on there warrenty

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 10:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinR
I've heard nothing but bad about this company. A buddy of mine was going to send his trans in to their shop, but after reading a bunch of bad comments here on tech I told him not to. Good luck with your situation OP.
Same here, that's why I research the **** out of companies....
Old 10-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mad dog transmissions is nothing but a ripoff.i have a buddy that sent him $1400 for a level 3 4l60e for his ss camaro.3 months later after many phone calls,he finally recieved a transmission back.it was a front wheel drive transmission for a DODGE STRATUS.he contacted lou back and lou told him IT WOULD FIT WITH A FEW MODS! after going back and forth on the phone,lou told him to try it out and told him to at least see if it would fit.we finally got a 4l60e from a reputable shop and told lou to lawyer up in court.what a jerk for doing this.NOTE: DODGE STRATUS TRANSMISSIONS WILL NOT FIT IN FBODIES.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:11 PM

Received 424 Likes on 323 Posts

“There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey.” Quote from John Ruskin

Ok, I have no idea what this quote has to do with this thread.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:53 PM
11 Second Club

I won't take either side here but I will point out that this needs to be handled in a private way not in a public forum just to start drama. I did enjoy reading the posts. The horrible grammer is pretty funny to read. please post on I need some more laughs
Old 10-01-2012, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004yjgto
I won't take either side here but I will point out that this needs to be handled in a private way not in a public forum just to start drama. I did enjoy reading the posts. The horrible grammer is pretty funny to read. please post on I need some more laughs
Really, a private manner? Why? So Lou can continue to **** people over on this board without being noticed? No thanks. This issue has been around long enough between Ed and Lou and I'm glad he finally brought it up on here.

Also, if your going to comment on horrible grammar you should probably ensure your spelling is correct first lol.

Waiting for your response Mr. Lou!! How many more calls are you going to dodge from Ed? Can you not return any? Too busy out "test driving" customer cars or building your super duper level 19 junk Th400s?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by djfury05
Really, a private manner? Why? So Lou can continue to **** people over on this board without being noticed? No thanks. This issue has been around long enough between Ed and Lou and I'm glad he finally brought it up on here.

Also, if your going to comment on horrible grammar you should probably ensure your spelling is correct first lol.

Waiting for your response Mr. Lou!! How many more calls are you going to dodge from Ed? Can you not return any? Too busy out "test driving" customer cars or building your super duper level 19 junk Th400s?

I think both need to be grown men and handle business. That's all I'm saying here. I am not going to back Lou here, I will not take Ed's side either since I don't have a dog in the fight.
It's people that don't have a dog in the fight that are causing drama and making it funny. As for Lou ******* MEMBERS, well I would think that everyone knows by now that if you buy from his shop there's a chance it might not go well.
I am not trying to pick a fight with you or Ed at all, so please don't attack me for making lite of the threads grammar(spelled it correct for you)

Ed I truly hope Lou will take care of you I would send the trans back, IF there's a way you can be sure to get a refund or rebuild or whatever you two can come to an agreement on. GOOD LUCK
Old 10-01-2012, 10:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2004yjgto

Ed I truly hope Lou will take care of you I would send the trans back, IF there's a way you can be sure to get a refund or rebuild or whatever you two can come to an agreement on. GOOD LUCK
the problem is that he only listens to you for the first problem then after that all together he refuses to honor the warranty and stops returning calls.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ed,

I have already told you that I am willing to help you the best way i can. Please ship it back and I will be more than willing to look at the transmission, find the problem and fix it for you and ship it back to you.

I am sorry for not getting back to you.. I know this is not the place or time but I have had a family emergency with my son. unfortunately I have been short with alot of people, for that i am sorry.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:59 AM
Banned

Please call 770-781-0949 and speak to Elliot.

WE do not send out Dodge Transmissions. There has to be a mistake for this... We don't even carry Dodge transmission cores.

Originally Posted by Leeroyws6
mad dog transmissions is nothing but a ripoff.i have a buddy that sent him $1400 for a level 3 4l60e for his ss camaro.3 months later after many phone calls,he finally recieved a transmission back.it was a front wheel drive transmission for a DODGE STRATUS.he contacted lou back and lou told him IT WOULD FIT WITH A FEW MODS! after going back and forth on the phone,lou told him to try it out and told him to at least see if it would fit.we finally got a 4l60e from a reputable shop and told lou to lawyer up in court.what a jerk for doing this.NOTE: DODGE STRATUS TRANSMISSIONS WILL NOT FIT IN FBODIES.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by maddoglou454
Ed,

I have already told you that I am willing to help you the best way i can. Please ship it back and I will be more than willing to look at the transmission, find the problem and fix it for you and ship it back to you.

I am sorry for not getting back to you.. I know this is not the place or time but I have had a family emergency with my son. unfortunately I have been short with alot of people, for that i am sorry.
You told me you would pay the shipping and give me my money back if I had any more problems. Im not willing to pay for labor to keep taking this trans in and out! Give me my money back! Lou if your worth your salt you will do like you said you would! Ive called a hand full of times and they have my number on file but Lou has yet to call me back.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

wow, this should've been resolved by now.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
wow, this should've been resolved by now.
Any Reputable company would of resolve this matter.

Good post over on ls1gto in the drivetrain section about two vendors stepping up and helping the customer.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Please call 770-781-0949 and speak to Elliot.

WE do not send out Dodge Transmissions. There has to be a mistake for this... We don't even carry Dodge transmission cores.
Elliot is bad for your business. He is nothing but rude. He is trying to tell me its my fought your transmissions haven't worked. He even hung up on my yesterday. Lou you can't fix it!!! You've tried 4 different times now. You call me. GA isn't that far or a drive for me.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:51 AM
10 Second Club

Lou, as a former performance business owner I want you to know that you could end up slicing your own throat via these forums or come out smelling like a rose. You can utilize this example as an opportunity to receive the greatest marketing ever or finalize your reputation. If you are really legit and can build a quality piece what would it really cost you to send the customer a good transmission with his agreement to send you back the faulty one after install? Have him video the install and start up, purge the trans lines, etc.... When your quality build stands the test you will become a freaking hero and extinguish the flaming masses with one move. OR you can sit there making excuses and fuel the flames all the while losing masses of potential customers and sealing the fate of your business reputation. It requires a bold and extreme move to stop this from spiraling worse...it's your move Lou. As a successful business man sometimes you just have to bite the bullet - who is right or wrong isn't the issue here. You and the customer lose as long as there is a stand off. Have some pride, man up and show everyone who you really are. Either way your actions will now prove what your business really is.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Banned

Ed,

I have heard from numerous people who heard the conversation that you called looking for me. I was out testing a GTO for a customer of mine. You then decided to scream and yell at Elliot.. then asked you politely to stop.. and you didn't.. so he hung up on you. If you cant talk professional like an adult then he isn't going to listen to it.

Now I have told you about a dozen of times that I am willing to help you, but you don't want to listen. You want to come on here and bash my business and then you want your hand out wanting help.

I told you I would help Isolate the problem and try to help you.

( Side note) I would highly advice you not to threaten me on LS1tech.com. You do realize I could take this as an actual threat. Make no mistake I do not take this lightly.

Originally Posted by gunner0331
Elliot is bad for your business. He is nothing but rude. He is trying to tell me its my fought your transmissions haven't worked. He even hung up on my yesterday. Lou you can't fix it!!! You've tried 4 different times now. You call me. GA isn't that far or a drive for me.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ed,

I have heard from numerous people who heard the conversation that you called looking for me. I was out testing a GTO for a customer of mine. You then decided to scream and yell at Elliot.. then asked you politely to stop.. and you didn't.. so he hung up on you. If you cant talk professional like an adult then he isn't going to listen to it.

Now I have told you about a dozen of times that I am willing to help you, but you don't want to listen. You want to come on here and bash my business and then you want your hand out wanting help.

( Side note) I would highly advice you not to threaten me on LS1tech.com. You do realize I could take this as an actual threat. Make no mistake I do not take this lightly.
Yeah good luck with that.

(Side note) He doesn't want your shitty *** transmission. He wants to send that pile of junk back and you refund his money. How hard is that to understand? I don't see how we can make it any clearer for you?
Old 10-03-2012, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by djfury05
Yeah good luck with that.

(Side note) He doesn't want your shitty *** transmission. He wants to send that pile of junk back and you refund his money. How hard is that to understand? I don't see how we can make it any clearer for you?
man,i feel for you guys.......

we were in this SAME boat a few years ago with another so called trans builder.

it sucks...it really really sucks.

try to get your money & wash your hands from all of this & start new with someone that can really build a trans....

that would be lou's best bet toooo...

good luck to everyone involved.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I took GA isn't that far as he will drive the transmission down and give it to you for a refund.

Why don't you call him? Not to busy to post or fix his transmission but to busy for a phone call?
Old 10-04-2012, 07:16 AM
Teching In

Ed,

What?? All I'm saying is I will drive to GA to get my money back for this bad transmission. You told me the warranty would start over. You say the new transmission would start a one year unlimited mileage warranty at the time of arrival. You keep telling lies! Give me my money back!! I've let you try 4 different times to make this right by "fixing" it. I don't have the money to keep pulling the thing in and out. You sold be a bad transmission 4 different types. GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Banned

Ed,

I have told you that I am willing to fix it and send it back to you. You are still under warranty, so I want to honor that.

I will even help you with the cost of pulling and shipping. I will even pay to have it shipped back to you. I want to help you. I want to tear this apart and find the problem and fix it. I want to understand how you are installing it/ your application.

If you want to continue to come on ls1tech.com and bash me that's fine. I want ls1tech to see that i am here trying hard to help you. I wish you would stop but that's up to you.

This will be the last time i respond to Edward about this negativity.

Originally Posted by gunner0331
What?? All I'm saying is I will drive to GA to get my money back for this bad transmission. You told me the warranty would start over. You say the new transmission would start a one year unlimited mileage warranty at the time of arrival. You keep telling lies! Give me my money back!! I've let you try 4 different times to make this right by "fixing" it. I don't have the money to keep pulling the thing in and out. You sold be a bad transmission 4 different types. GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Maddog not making right on there warrenty