LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Maddog not making right on there warrenty

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Maddog not making right on there warrenty

Ive had A few problems with there transmissions This being the 3rd time they sent me a new th400. I asked if the warrrenty would start from the time it came in. lou the ownser said yes. When I called to speak to him he wasnt in and had Elliot call me back to tell me that ive had the trans for over a year and wouldnt fix anything.I have not had the new trans for a year! I did 5 years in the Marine corps and this is how they treat people. http://www.maddogtransmissions.com/
Old 09-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

Hmm.
I have a trans from Lou aswell and had no problems at all. Very good service and is very helpful every time I have wrote him an email.
I am from Denmark so I write him instead of calling since the expensive prices on calls.

Lou is on this website to. Maybe he look at this thread.

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android
Old 09-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ed,

Looking at your file you placed an order on 8/17/2011. One year Warranty.

11/9/2011 We dropped shipped a New Converter to you. Found out the converter was bad, contaminated the transmission. We fixed it and shipped it back out to you.

5/17/2012 We shipped you out another unit a brand new Level 4 TH400 with a Trans-brake. During this time we did not get our other unit back until a few months later. You find me another transmission shop that is willing to ship you another unit without there’s coming back…

Since 5/17/2012 you have been racing it hard.. ( so I hear) Now all of a sudden you say it doesn’t work?
I did tell you when I shipped you the other unit that if it didn’t work the day you installed it, I would give you your money back. You have been running it for 4 months racing… and now you decide you want your money back?

I am been trying to bend WAY over backwards to help you… I am more than happy for you to ship back to transmission and I work with you to fix, but, to all of a sudden to call up threatening my money back! Or coming on LS1tech, trying to trash my name is not good. I have been working with and going above and beyond to make you happy.

If you look at any other transmission shop with a trans-brake; they warranty the trans-brake for 90 days only.
We have been doing anything and everything to work with you, and more than happy to try and help and fix the situation.
Once again I am not running and hiding, all transmissions from my shop come with a one year unlimited mile warranty. Most if not all high performance transmissions shops only give the warranty for 90 days.

Originally Posted by 0331gunner
Ive had A few problems with there transmissions This being the 3rd time they sent me a new th400. I asked if the warrrenty would start from the time it came in. lou the ownser said yes. When I called to speak to him he wasnt in and had Elliot call me back to tell me that ive had the trans for over a year and wouldnt fix anything.I have not had the new trans for a year! I did 5 years in the Marine corps and this is how they treat people. http://www.maddogtransmissions.com/
Old 09-25-2012, 03:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I think you'd better ship it back & let them look at it.
Racing for four months isn't something I'd sure as hell warranty.

And your comment & the way you worded it, "I did 5 years in the Marine corps and this is how they treat people.", doesn't mean anything.
So just because you are a military person, you think they owe you?!?
Old 09-25-2012, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^bingo
Old 09-25-2012, 03:30 PM
12 Second Club

I did 5 years in the Marine corps and this is how they treat people.
Just because you served does not mean the public owes you anything. I've served for 11 1/2 years and never ever use that. It's an honor to serve the people of this country. If you don't feel that way you should never have joined the corps.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Launching!

So this is the 3rd trans to go out in a year. Not a good batting average. A well built TH400 should last a lot longer then that.

The internet is a powerful tool if used correctly.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

My wording wasn't that good on what I was meaning. All I was saying is I survived and they try to make it out to be like they look out for us. That's not true at all! I've had nothing but problems with the people at maddog. The 1st trans was bad from day one. The manual valve body gasket went out. The converter was also bad the fins had later over. They tried to get me to buy another 1 after they had sold me a bad 1. I did not know that they outsource converters. They said that the gasket was bad. and was going to send me that same converter back because they didn't check it. I told him that felt like the converter wasn't locking up on the top end. They said they checked the new transmission and sent it back to me and that everything worked. The 2nd time putting it in it didn't work. 2 gear to 3rd gear there was no change in speed or rpm. To get him to send me out a new one was like pulling teeth and within 3 day I had sent the old transmission back to him. I have not been to the track with this transmission. When he sent this last transmission out I asked him if the warranty started on a date on arrival and he said yes. Now they're saying that they won't warranty any of it. Lou wouldn't even get on the phone with me. He's yet to return a call but can respond to post on tech. I want my money back Lou you sold me nothing but bad transmissions!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 08:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've personally worked hand in hand on this car since day 1 when the very first mods were done. I also was there when the 1st transmission went in. ******* garbage. I warned Ed from the get go about MadDog & Lou's rep and history from a simple Google search but he didn't listen.

I've only seen the car make 4 TOTAL PASSES since the 1st, 2nd, and now 3rd trans has gone it, so whoever Lou's "Little Birdie" is, is full of ****. If Ed was racing it, I would have known about it guaranteed. Seems to me the only completely satisfied customer I've ever witnessed is some random dude from Denmark. It might be great and all to take back the transmission and "fix" it again and again, but it'd be even better to do it right from the get go.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

My wording wasn't that good on what I was meaning. All I was saying is I survived and they try to make it out to be like they look out for us. That's not true at all! I've had nothing but problems with the people at maddog. The 1st trans was bad from day one. The manual valve body gasket went out. The converter was also bad the fins had later over. They tried to get me to buy another 1 after they had sold me a bad 1. I did not know that they outsource converters. They said that the gasket was bad. and was going to send me that same converter back because they didn't check it. I told him that felt like the converter wasn't locking up on the top end. They said they checked the new transmission and sent it back to me and that everything worked. The 2nd time putting it in it didn't work. 2 gear to 3rd gear there was no change in speed or rpm. To get him to send me out a new one was like pulling teeth and within 3 day I had sent the old transmission back to him. I have not been to the track with this transmission. When he sent this last transmission out I asked him if the warranty started on a date on arrival and he said yes. Now they're saying that they won't warranty any of it. Lou wouldn't even get on the phone with me. He's yet to return a call but can respond to post on tech. I want my money back Lou you sold me nothing but bad transmissions!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Teching In

I sure hope that people finally learn what there getting when they buy from this POS company.

It takes 9 months to actually get a working transmission. (wasn't the purchasers fault that you sell low end converters) And then the working transmission lasts 4 months. And the excuse was he raced it for 4 months.

What a crook of s!!t. Built Th400 only lasting 4 months racing! I could take a stock one and make it last longer.

Why shouldn't he mention his military record? Lou states he will "take care of the military guys" in his video. The same video where he mentions about "hating about getting ripped off".

I would be completely embarrassed if I was the owner or employee of this company.

Last edited by garleest; 09-25-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by garleest
I sure hope that people finally learn what there getting when they buy from this POS company.

It takes 9 months to actually get a working transmission. (wasn't the purchasers fault that you sell low end converters) And then the working transmission lasts 4 months. And the excuse was he raced it for 4 months.

What a crook of s!!t. Built Th400 only lasting 4 months racing! I could take a stock one and make it last longer.

Why shouldn't he mention his military record? Lou states he will "take care of the military guys" in his video. The same video where he mentions about "hating about getting ripped off".

I would be completely embarrased if I was the owner or employee of this company.

Thanks man. He said the trans was rated for 1200 rwhp.
I was going to spray my car in hopes of make around 1000 rwhp "hopes" but I haven't spayed it with any of the th400's. With a t56 I was only making 532 rwhp and his th400 wouldn't even hold that!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like you better send it all back.
Most companies would like their product back first before issuing any kind of warranty.
You sound like you just want your money back, ..., & that just wouldn't happen with any business.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:15 AM
Staging Lane

djfury05 >> You should do some more research on the internet before posting BS about I am the only satisfied customer... For the last couple of years there has been MANY satisfied people. Ofcause there will be some parts failing.. There is for all companies...

The problem is, that when people order something and the item works, you don't hear from them again. People forget to give good feedback on public websites.. But as soon as there is the slightes problem, all hell breaks loose.. That's a fact..!

And me being a random guy from Denmark who had a good experience with Lou..
Well, as far as I concern, you (or 0331gunner) are just a random guy too, who happens to be in statistic of bad transmission shipped out... Thats really to bad, and I honestly mean that!
The point is you don't know who I am and I don't know who you are in real life.
I have posted pictures and even a video of me driving around with my maddog transmission, working as it should. So no excuse for not believing me when I say I have a working transmission from Lou, if you were refering to me as "Lous little birdy full of ****"...

(Maybe I was taking your statement to seriously, and if that's the case, I am sorry for my bitch-flip on you ;-) )

And what I can read on this thread, 0331gunner and Lou are not telling the same story about what happened here... So sharing their different opinions with the whole world on LS1Tech without any proofs or evidence, what good would it do??

It's just one opinion against another..

They have to agree on what really happened before they can solve the problem at hand.

But something is in my concern here.. We can read here that 0331gunners TH400 lasted 4 months on a engine with a lot of power. Why will any other company only offer 90 days of warranty? Are the trans-brakes only tend to last that long since the companies only wanna give 90 days??

Last edited by BoxeDK; 09-26-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:55 AM
On The Tree

Not to bash anyone or company, simply pointing out a fact, so take it for what it is...

A friend of mine has a near stock (longtubes, catless exhaust, ait intake, tune - made like 370rwhp) LS2 GTO with a level 2 Mad Dawg 4l65. We have gone to the strip twice in the past year, both times after 1 or 2 runs, his tranny basically fails and wont shift into 3rd until he lets off the gas and then gets back on it.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:27 AM
Staging Lane

Did your friend contact maddogtransmissions to solve the problem?
Old 09-26-2012, 07:58 AM
Banned

Ed,

Instead of coming on here and starting a battle of words. Please give me a call, and lets talk. Lets get down and figure out exactly what the issue is, and lets fix it. I want to get it right for you. Nothing of this... is fun for me.

Please do me a favor and call me personally. I want to talk to you and fix it.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:43 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by maddoglou454
Ed,

Instead of coming on here and starting a battle of words. Please give me a call, and lets talk. Lets get down and figure out exactly what the issue is, and lets fix it. I want to get it right for you. Nothing of this... is fun for me.

Please do me a favor and call me personally. I want to talk to you and fix it.
I've called more then 4 times and asked for you but some how your never there. Ive had them take a messages for you to call me every time. I haven't gotten any calls
Old 09-26-2012, 09:00 AM
Banned

I understand. I am a very busy guy. I test drive all day long customer cars/ building/ marketing..ect You name it.

Lets do this.. In the mean time.. lets get the transmission to me, I will break it down and see whats up.

I've called more then 4 times and asked for you but some how your never there. Ive had them take a messages for you to call me every time. I haven't gotten any calls
Old 09-26-2012, 09:23 AM
10 Second Club

Ship lou the trans and convertor...let him tear it down and figure out what is going on with it. Then the two of you in a private conversation can determine what to do from there. After that then come on here and report back what transpired. High performance trans work is not an easy gig and neither is building a race car. Knock off the drama and work it out apart from a public forum. That does neither of you guys any good.

Quick Reply: Maddog not making right on there warrenty