LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Maddog not making right on there warrenty

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maddoglou454
Ed,

I have told you that I am willing to fix it and send it back to you. You are still under warranty, so I want to honor that.

I will even help you with the cost of pulling and shipping. I will even pay to have it shipped back to you. I want to help you. I want to tear this apart and find the problem and fix it. I want to understand how you are installing it/ your application.

If you want to continue to come on ls1tech.com and bash me that's fine. I want ls1tech to see that i am here trying hard to help you. I wish you would stop but that's up to you.

This will be the last time i respond to Edward about this negativity.
Lou, you said if anything else went wrong with your transmisson you would give me my money back!! Ive let you try four diffrent time to fix it. I want what is mine!!! If you dont want to make this right there are other ways for me to make this happen legally. I dont want to have to go that way but your not giving me any other option. This is your last opportunity to make this right. BE A MAN OF YOUR WORD!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 0331gunner
Lou, you said if anything else went wrong with your transmisson you would give me my money back!! Ive let you try four diffrent time to fix it. I want what is mine!!! If you dont want to make this right there are other ways for me to make this happen legally. I dont want to have to go that way but your not giving me any other option. This is your last opportunity to make this right. BE A MAN OF YOUR WORD!!!
You're really startin' to get on people's nerves, ...
You can't go to Home Depot & buy a lawn mower, use it for a few months, trouble or not, then when there is a real issue & trouble, just expect them to give you your money back, unless you return the lawn mower.

RETURN THE DAMN MOWER & maybe you can get your money back!
You're startin' to sound like a whiney little girl.
'legally', ..., yea whatever, ...

Old 10-04-2012, 05:46 PM
10 Second Club

Somebody has to give. If Lou wont give by sending you a good trans or your money back then ship your bad trans. Document everything and take him to court if you must. i still don't think bashing each other on the forums is going to accomplish anything positive.

I'd still love to see Lou send a good trans and the OP video the install including flushing lines, etc...and all of us see exactly what is going on here. If it works OP gets a solid trans and if it doesn't Lou refunds money for the whole ls1tech world to see. It would sure be a solid bet the truth would come out.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
You're really startin' to get on people's nerves, ...
You can't go to Home Depot & buy a lawn mower, use it for a few months, trouble or not, then when there is a real issue & trouble, just expect them to give you your money back, unless you return the lawn mower.

RETURN THE DAMN MOWER & maybe you can get your money back!
You're startin' to sound like a whiney little girl.
'legally', ..., yea whatever, ...

Pontiac Fan weren't you the moron that posted this asinine statement?

"Racing for four months isn't something I'd sure as hell warranty"

Your credibilty is gone, You know nothing, You have nothing to say, Now go away.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by garleest
Pontiac Fan weren't you the moron that posted this asinine statement?

"Racing for four months isn't something I'd sure as hell warranty"

Your credibilty is gone, You know nothing, You have nothing to say, Now go away.
Whatever, ...
Waaaahhhhh, I want my money!!!! Waaahhhh, ...
You're welcome to go away too, ...,'Moron', ...

My point is, ..., Lou will not just send out a warranty payment & not get his tranmission in return.
The OP just keeps saying he 'wants his money'.
I can't see that happening until they can grow up, be sensible, & come to an agreement.
Whining again, like the OP continually does in the replies is not gettin' anywhere.
Moron. Name callin', ..., heh, ...
Old 10-04-2012, 09:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Whatever, ...

My point is, ..., Lou will not just send out a warranty payment & not get his tranmission in return.
I can't see that happening until they can grow up, be sensible, & come to an agreement.
Whining again, like the OP continually does in the replies is not gettin' anywhere.
No **** the transmission will have to be returned. Lou is only offering to fix the piece of crap again, not refund his money and take the trans back. Are you blind or can you not comprehend what has occurred in this thread? If you don't like the "whining" stay the **** out of the thread since it doesn't concern you.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:41 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm not blind, I can see that.
You, once again, missed the point.
The OP just wants money & has not committed to working with him/Lou at all this time around.
I can understand where he'd be pissed off, but it is getting him no-where with this 'I want my money!' attitude.

I am not, in any way, supporting Lou.
But sugar gets a hell of a lot more flies than the salt they are pouring in each others wounds. It's getting no-where, ...
Old 10-04-2012, 11:43 PM
On The Tree

I'm not blind, I can see that.
You, once again, missed the point.
The OP just wants money & has not committed to working with him/Lou at all this time around.
I can understand where he'd be pissed off, but it is getting him no-where with this 'I want my money!' attitude.

I am not, in any way, supporting Lou.
But sugar gets a hell of a lot more flies than the salt they are pouring in each others wounds. It's getting no-where, ...
Jesus, you are a dolt. The guy as already said that he isn't that far away and he would drive to return the trans in exchange for a refund.
Originally Posted by gunner0331
All I'm saying is I will drive to GA to get my money back for this bad transmission.
Lou hasn't addressed that, just that he wants to try and fix it. Try reading a thread completely through and actually comprehending it before interjecting senseless garble. You've got about as much common sense as a bag of ****. I might have a little more faith in Lou if not for his past and the ridiculous amount of Craigslist spamming he does.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Whatever, ...

Reading Comprehension........look it up.

lets see,
how many times should he work with lou before he ask for his money back?

odd or even.......3-4 times or more 5-6 ????

just put yourself in this guys place & see how much you would be enjoying it.

I WOULD WANT MY MONEY BACK TOOOO.....
GOOD LUCK OP!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Teching In

I called and got Lou on the phone. He said if I was willing to drive or have it shipped back. He would give me my money back. So thanks everyone for the help.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Launching!

I called and got Lou on the phone. He said if I was willing to drive or have it shipped back. He would give me my money back. So thanks everyone for the help.
Good news let us know when you get your refund.Would be good to see a positive post regarding MDT.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MDT's decision to refund the OP's money should of been made way back on page one or two. Why so long MDT?
Old 10-09-2012, 08:08 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it is true that we spoke to Ed. We found out that the problem lie within the converter.

We wanted to make sure that we tried and tried to do the best we can to fit the application but its unfortunate that it had to come to this. We always want to strive to do what we can to the best of our ability to make it work.

We at Mad Dog Transmissions have no hard feeling toward Ed, and wish him the best.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Default Having the same old problem with Maddog Transmissions

Back in may this year after finding maddog on ebay i contacted him about replacing my 4l60e for one of my work vehicles here in southern Spain, after explaining to him my exact needs for the transmission he recommended i purchase one of his level 3 cases, I accepted this and forwarded him the full details of the truck including all the serial numbers on the old tranny and the trucks vin number.
My order was placed and payment made on may 24th, just over a week later I was told my transmission had been shipped.. this is where the nightmare begins, after a week of checking it and not seenig it move it turned out the tracking number I was sent for TNT was not valid I contacted them and was given another tracking number, when checking that 1 it told me my package was still in there jfk depot ... I got back in touch with tnt and they said they had only just received it and would ship it straight away, it arrived in Madrid Spain on the 13th of June, customs contact me to say they have a package for me and could I send them some details as there is no paperwork with the package, I did this and carried on waiting for my package to arrive... on the 20 th it arrived at the Malaga depot.. when it didn’t turn up at my house the next day I see in the tracking details that it says the sender has changed its destination to Denmark !! I call tnt again and they tell me that the tracking number I was given was wrong again ,and told me they had my package but no documents had been sent with it so it was still in Jfk!!! anyway to cut this part of the story short after many calls/emails to maddog and tnt it was sent to Belgium then Paris,Madrid there for few days while I did all the customs paperwork again then it was sent to Malaga, then back to Huelva 200 miles away then back to Malaga so I finally get it on June 27th at long last !!! I don’t fully blame this on Lou but it would have helped if the correct documents where sent with the transmission in the first place, It turned out the 1st package was for another guy in Denmark that had placed an order from Maddog a week before me . I had to wait a couple of weeks to get the mechanic back to install it because he had a lot of other work on, so I finally get it installed and running around July 15th, I did around 100 miles testing it and to me all seemed to be ok.(but im not the usual driver of this truck and certanly not used to driving automatic vehicles)
A few weeks later 1 of my drivers took it out for a job and called me within doing under 100 miles to say he had no 1st and 2nd gear.
I sent Lou a email and explained exactly what it was doing, he got back to me the next day and told me to get the transmission scanned to see what errors came up.
So I took it down to local shop and they diagnosed it to being solenoid b, so I changed that and noticed in the process that the oil was a little dark and that oil pan gasket seem old, bits missing from it and covered in silver paint.I replaced oil,gasket and the solenoid ,got it back on the road and all ok for around 30 miles... then it started to fail again...emailed Lou to tell him and all went quiet for a week no response at all. After around half a dozen emails being ignored from Lou I started emailing his assistant and finally after harassing Chris and telling him again and again that this is a work vehicle and I have already lost thousands of $ in lost work waiting for it to arrive and now with it not working at all, Lou got back to me and told me to take it back to my local and get it looked at here,as it was obviously going to be very costly sending it back to him to fix and then back to me. ($600 per trip and a lot of lost time) Lou agreed to this and told me to get it done.
As you can see in the following email.
Hello Dom,Okay have them check it and let me know what it is and how much they are going to charge you.
Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969

They took the oil pan of and seeing the oil was Black again decided to remove and strip the transmission down.the following is a report my local shop wrote up with what they found..

Firstly the gearbox was a later version than fitted to your car and wouldn't have worked even if it was built correctly. It had a different solenoid set up and wire harness. As to the claim its a heavy duty rebuild I'm inclined to say its not, certainly not to the standard I would do or the standard claimed by the seller. To start with the pump is a standard 10 vain pump, not 13 vain. Standard 2/4 band servo, standard sun gear drive shell 4 pinion planet carriers, standard reverse drum. It all seems standard apart from a few things. It did come with a wide 2/4 band, 3/4 clutch power pack and OWC´s/sprags. To be honest, those should be built into every rebuild, not just high performance applications. Add to the fact that the solenoids didn't work properly, solenoid B faulty and the lock up clutch solenoid was a total short circuit. I only hope the ECU didn't attempt lock up as it would probably damage the ECU.

Regards

Rob
CAJAS AUTOMATICAS TRANSMATIC S.L.

So I sent this to Lou and since I consider he ripped me off asked for a refund as he sold me a badly built less then standard tranny when I paid for a level 3,and that it had burned out with under 400 miles on the clock !! then he seems to have forgotten that he offered to pay for the repair, at first he offered to send me another transmission if i pay for half the shipping...i told him that I don’t want or need another tranny, I told him that this has cost me over 2200 euros ($2800) to repair,,, more then what his tranny cost me in the first place that all i wanted was my money back, charge me for the core and give me the rest back !!and then he says for me to send it back to him and he would repair it,,, when he knows fine well that it has already been repaired here in Spain !!! well that last email was over 16 days ago ...everything i have sent since then has been completely ignored by him.
So this whole fiasco has been going on for 4 months , over this period I must have wrote over 50 emails to Chris and Lou to witch he has probably replied to 15/20 of them.. I called his office and asked to speak to him 4 times and every time it seems he was not there, I left messages for him to return my call and not once did he call me back.
Before anybody says I should have sorted this with him in private..... I am sick of trying and not getting anywhere with him !!!! all I want now is my money back !! I already had to get a loan just to pay the for the repair here in Spain.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spaindom
Back in may this year after finding maddog on ebay i contacted him about replacing my 4l60e for one of my work vehicles here in southern Spain, after explaining to him my exact needs for the transmission he recommended i purchase one of his level 3 cases, I accepted this and forwarded him the full details of the truck including all the serial numbers on the old tranny and the trucks vin number.
My order was placed and payment made on may 24th, just over a week later I was told my transmission had been shipped.. this is where the nightmare begins, after a week of checking it and not seenig it move it turned out the tracking number I was sent for TNT was not valid I contacted them and was given another tracking number, when checking that 1 it told me my package was still in there jfk depot ... I got back in touch with tnt and they said they had only just received it and would ship it straight away, it arrived in Madrid Spain on the 13th of June, customs contact me to say they have a package for me and could I send them some details as there is no paperwork with the package, I did this and carried on waiting for my package to arrive... on the 20 th it arrived at the Malaga depot.. when it didn’t turn up at my house the next day I see in the tracking details that it says the sender has changed its destination to Denmark !! I call tnt again and they tell me that the tracking number I was given was wrong again ,and told me they had my package but no documents had been sent with it so it was still in Jfk!!! anyway to cut this part of the story short after many calls/emails to maddog and tnt it was sent to Belgium then Paris,Madrid there for few days while I did all the customs paperwork again then it was sent to Malaga, then back to Huelva 200 miles away then back to Malaga so I finally get it on June 27th at long last !!! I don’t fully blame this on Lou but it would have helped if the correct documents where sent with the transmission in the first place, It turned out the 1st package was for another guy in Denmark that had placed an order from Maddog a week before me . I had to wait a couple of weeks to get the mechanic back to install it because he had a lot of other work on, so I finally get it installed and running around July 15th, I did around 100 miles testing it and to me all seemed to be ok.(but im not the usual driver of this truck and certanly not used to driving automatic vehicles)
A few weeks later 1 of my drivers took it out for a job and called me within doing under 100 miles to say he had no 1st and 2nd gear.
I sent Lou a email and explained exactly what it was doing, he got back to me the next day and told me to get the transmission scanned to see what errors came up.
So I took it down to local shop and they diagnosed it to being solenoid b, so I changed that and noticed in the process that the oil was a little dark and that oil pan gasket seem old, bits missing from it and covered in silver paint.I replaced oil,gasket and the solenoid ,got it back on the road and all ok for around 30 miles... then it started to fail again...emailed Lou to tell him and all went quiet for a week no response at all. After around half a dozen emails being ignored from Lou I started emailing his assistant and finally after harassing Chris and telling him again and again that this is a work vehicle and I have already lost thousands of $ in lost work waiting for it to arrive and now with it not working at all, Lou got back to me and told me to take it back to my local and get it looked at here,as it was obviously going to be very costly sending it back to him to fix and then back to me. ($600 per trip and a lot of lost time) Lou agreed to this and told me to get it done.
As you can see in the following email.
Hello Dom,Okay have them check it and let me know what it is and how much they are going to charge you.
Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969

They took the oil pan of and seeing the oil was Black again decided to remove and strip the transmission down.the following is a report my local shop wrote up with what they found..

Firstly the gearbox was a later version than fitted to your car and wouldn't have worked even if it was built correctly. It had a different solenoid set up and wire harness. As to the claim its a heavy duty rebuild I'm inclined to say its not, certainly not to the standard I would do or the standard claimed by the seller. To start with the pump is a standard 10 vain pump, not 13 vain. Standard 2/4 band servo, standard sun gear drive shell 4 pinion planet carriers, standard reverse drum. It all seems standard apart from a few things. It did come with a wide 2/4 band, 3/4 clutch power pack and OWC´s/sprags. To be honest, those should be built into every rebuild, not just high performance applications. Add to the fact that the solenoids didn't work properly, solenoid B faulty and the lock up clutch solenoid was a total short circuit. I only hope the ECU didn't attempt lock up as it would probably damage the ECU.

Regards

Rob
CAJAS AUTOMATICAS TRANSMATIC S.L.

So I sent this to Lou and since I consider he ripped me off asked for a refund as he sold me a badly built less then standard tranny when I paid for a level 3,and that it had burned out with under 400 miles on the clock !! then he seems to have forgotten that he offered to pay for the repair, at first he offered to send me another transmission if i pay for half the shipping...i told him that I don’t want or need another tranny, I told him that this has cost me over 2200 euros ($2800) to repair,,, more then what his tranny cost me in the first place that all i wanted was my money back, charge me for the core and give me the rest back !!and then he says for me to send it back to him and he would repair it,,, when he knows fine well that it has already been repaired here in Spain !!! well that last email was over 16 days ago ...everything i have sent since then has been completely ignored by him.
So this whole fiasco has been going on for 4 months , over this period I must have wrote over 50 emails to Chris and Lou to witch he has probably replied to 15/20 of them.. I called his office and asked to speak to him 4 times and every time it seems he was not there, I left messages for him to return my call and not once did he call me back.
Before anybody says I should have sorted this with him in private..... I am sick of trying and not getting anywhere with him !!!! all I want now is my money back !! I already had to get a loan just to pay the for the repair here in Spain.
man im sorry to hear this nightmare..glad i when with RPM transmission..hell my driveshaft broke on the dyno and broke the tailshaft on my 3month old transmission..even though it wasnt RPM fault that my driveshaft broke and busted the tailshaft of my trans they still looked it over and put in a new input shaft and tailshaft housing and only charge $30 for the new tailshaft case..everthing else(labor and inspection) free H/C/I and 100 shot nitrous still runnning strong 5 years later
Old 10-16-2012, 05:58 PM

Received 424 Likes on 323 Posts

Thank you for sharing your story Spaindom and sorry to hear of your troubles. I think we are all seeing a pattern here.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Maddog Lou strikes again. Why is he even a sponsor on here. He does nothing but give everyone headaches and make shitty transmissions. What ever happened to taking pride in what you do for the customer?
Old 10-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Launching!

OP did you get your money back yet?
Old 10-17-2012, 12:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mrvedit
Thank you for sharing your story Spaindom and sorry to hear of your troubles. I think we are all seeing a pattern here.
True that...
It seems like Lou have the best service and support when things are ok.. At least he always did with me..
But as soon as something is going wrong badly, he ignores the customer...
Lucky for me I haven't come to that part... My TH700 from maddog has been running for 3500 miles now and regular beating on it... Fluid is still red and smells new..

I hope I will never have any problems with my tranny, so I would need the service (knockin on wood)
I think I'll just rebuild my old tranny and have it in stock, just to be safe if my maddog tranny is going out some day...

Dom (spaindom), I am really sorry to hear this from you... I was the guy from Denmark, with which TNT screwed up with... We wrote together back in the days when we both ordered and got our trannys... Remember ?

Last time we emailed together, you'd been driving the truck for a 100 miles without problems and you were about to make a good review about Lou... I'll bet you are glad you didn't now...

Sorry to hear your tranny was bad... I really hope Lou will refund your lost money... At least that part he promised for the repair....

I really feel your loss here, because your truck is your vehicle used for work.. Use for making money for living... And as far as I know, things are not going to well in Spain these days :-(

Wish you the best of luck..

BoxeDK
Old 10-18-2012, 02:22 AM
Teching In

Default Maddog transmissions

Thanks for your support guys,, And BOXEDK of course i remember you well,
I didn´t tell you about this before because i dont like talking badly about people but after all this time Lou leaves me no choice !! As you say...things are bad here in Spain at the moment and this has cost me hell of a lot of sleepless nights and money,its not just what the transmission cost.. but the small amount of work that has come in i´ve had to turn down and even a few long time clients i´ve lost because there sick of me saying the vehicle is not availible.
Regards.
Dom

Quick Reply: Maddog not making right on there warrenty