LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Speed, Inc. Blows (Venting)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed, Inc. Blows (Venting)

I ****in' ordered my Hooker catback from them 6 weeks ago and chose ground shipping. Since there were no "fine print" messages of any product on backorder, I figured "Well good. It'll be here within the next 3-5 days like the other small things I've ordered from them." Well that was stupid of me to just "assume" like that, huh?

Well 2 weeks ago I emailed them and told them the shitty situation, and "Mike" replies back that I "should have it within the next 1-2 weeks." Well, every ****ing day UPS drives by and either delivers **** to my mom, or they just ****ing drive by. Wow, still no exhaust. Friday will be the "2 week" deadline from the email response.

Well I called them up today to cancel the order and tell them to shove their pisspoor customer service up their ***, but I can't ****ing cancel the order because since it was delivered from Hooker, "it's out of their hands and we'll just need to wait for the box to get here and return it to Hooker as a "refused" item." These ****tards didn't know their lefts from their rights, and it didn't help that it took nearly 5 minutes just to ****ing get my last name right. "McFate" How ****ing hard is that? Jesus ****ing christ I'm so goddamn pissed off right now.

They said it shipped from Hooker the 16th of May, and that "when you order anything made out of metal, it's gonna take 6 weeks (funny coincidence since that's how long ago I made the order) to arrive since over seas the metal industries are out of whack."- Direct quote.

I'm gonna give them the benefit of a doubt and actually wait for Friday. Otherwise I'm gonna air-order from Thunder Racing and ****in' let everyone know how shitty Speed, Inc. is with their services.

What if I needed these parts for a magazine shoot or some car show? It'd be smart to put a little asterix next to a certain item saying it's on backorder so I know not to buy it thinking that it'll be here soon and put on by the time of the given show dates. But hey, that'd be smart buisiness, and convenient for the customer, so of course they CAN'T do that. **** them.

Oh, and the reason I'm in such a rush to have it and have it put on, is because of the huge MidWest FBody Meet in Des Moines next Saturday, June 12th. I ****in' figured I'd have this **** installed nearly a month ago. And that's why I'm gonna second-day air order from Thunder, is so I can hopefully have it and have it installed by then. If not, I'm probably gonna end up killing somebody.

Sorry for the LOOOOOOOOOOONG rant, but Goddamn my patience has left me weeks ago with this ****. I can tell you I'll never order from these ****offs again and will be sure to let people I know, know not to rely on them for anything.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:53 PM
Banned

OK, First of all. THe reason you were difficult to find in our system is because the order was placed under your mothers name, not yours.

I am sorry about the delay, but things go on backorder and with the current steel situation, suppliers are having a difficult time getting materials to build their products.

We have had this particular part number (#16811HOK) on order from Hooker for over 45 days, and they still have not come in. They were supposed to ship out yesterday 6/1, our inventory order, and backordered dropships (which includes you). They have not been sent and will be at least a week before they are.

It is all too common where vendors take the heat because of suppliers not being able to keep up with demand.

I have issued you a credit in full, and hopefully Thunder will have them in stock for you.

Tom
Old 06-02-2004, 03:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs up

Okay, so the part was on backorder and you didn't know until you called to see where it is, they gave you a 1-2 week timeline, and you called to cancel and tell them they have ****poor customer service before the two weeks was up? Situation may suck but you overracted a little there. I had a very similer situation with afterthoughts auto recently, ordered a grill, it hadn't shipped after awhile so i contacted them and it turns out that it was on order with the supplier and they didnt have it yet, etc. Exact same situation. I didn't let it bother me that much, and i'm still waiting for the grill. Sorry you have to wait for the part and did not know it was on backorder, but that is largely out of their hands.

That being said, it is very nice when a vendor lets you know when they look at/take your order that a part is on backorder. I tried to order a gauge from Tbyrne last week and i got an email the next day stating it was on three week backorder, so I cancelled. Good job Tbyrne!

Edit: I should add that Speed Inc did my duals, I have ordered from them before and it was very fast and accurate, and I will be spending just over $1500 there in less than a week. Very happy with their service thus far. When they did my duals, they replaced my faulty O2 sim (i ordered it from them), torqued my header bolts down (i installed headers and don't have torque wrench), and ground my K-member for clearance all at no charge just b/c I asked. And this was when they fit me in when they really didn't have time since I was open header and had been planning something else for my exhaust that fell through, so I ended up splurging on the duals. Speed Inc is great.

Last edited by blkZ28spt; 06-03-2004 at 02:58 AM.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:21 PM
NKAWTG...N

Judging from Speed Inc's response in this post I'd say thats pretty good customer service. And yes I agree, it does suck that it took this long to get your catback (actually you still don't have it) but I think Hooker needs to be help accountable, Speed is only the middle man. If Speed made that particular product or could control its arrival and shipment dates then I think they would be responsible, but they are at the mercy of Hooker shipping it to them.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:08 PM
TECH Junkie

sorry to hear you had trouble with them, they've been great for me. not trying ot start anything, just letting people know that this may be an isolated incident. good luck man!
Old 06-02-2004, 09:21 PM
11 Second Club

Glad I'm not your UPS man.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Maybe you should get all the facts before you just start flaming a vendor bud! Speed, Inc. has been great to work with IMO. Keep up the good work guys.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:34 PM
Staging Lane

how hard would it be for online shops to add a little "in stock"/ "backordered" line next to the part? there are some shops out there that actually do this. it might take a little to keep up with, but it would definately put an end to much of the frustration that goes along with online orders.
personally, i always email or call and confirm that the parts are in stock.

my .02

mac
Old 06-02-2004, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

speed inc has always shipped everything i have ever ordered before i even release the damn mouse button on "finalize order". my wife accuses them of using illegal substances to manage their business. and im not kidding, even though she is.

its gonna be real hard to make them look bad.
theyre quite popular here and known to be of-the-fastest

the only time i had to wait was when i ordered that stupid pulley.
ASP has got to be the worst.
and other than revving in neutral,
has anyone noticed a damn difference with that thing?
Old 06-02-2004, 10:21 PM
Teching In

about a year and a half ago I ordered hooker headers and y pipe from jet hot.
it took longer than expected(i think around 6 weeks) because hooker had some stuff on backorder. i eventually got my headers. it was ona group purchase at the time,so i couldn;t really complain about he length of time, besides it was out of their control. i have ordered from ls1 speed before and have no complaints about the service, as is the same with a lot of my friends

sorry about your luck

Brian
Old 06-02-2004, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

I have nothing bad to say about speed inc. They have a great shop and great people working for them. I have had all of my work done there and wouldnt even consider going else where. GREAT WORK GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2004, 10:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

ditto to what's been said above... I've dealt with Tom and Speed Inc for many years now and have never had a problem..... closest thing to a problem I've had has been my roll cage... took forever to get here... but I knew from the get go that wolfe is slow on making and shipping the cages... not speeds fault...

A distributor can't help if a part is on back order... and sounds like Speed has issued you a full refund... which they didn't have to do... sounds like pretty good cust serv to me....

Be grateful you didn't order an ASP pulley about 1.5 years ago or so... (they were on backorder for MONTHS)

Last edited by horist; 06-02-2004 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have learned to just call and ask if it is in stock before i order anything from anyone. if they say it is not in stock, i usually will not order it unless i really need it.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So did you already cancel the order, or what do I need to do or know to make sure that the money was put back on the card so I can order from Thunder? The sooner this gets done the better, because I need this **** straightened out before next weekend. And yeah, a little fine print saying this certain product was on backorder would have made a WORLD of a difference in all this for me, along with many other customers I've talked to on AIM. I shouldn't have used the insults I did, but like I said, I've lost my patience long ago. I shouldn't have assumed it was in stock. That was my mistake.

Last edited by TransAm52804; 06-03-2004 at 12:39 AM.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:13 AM
Motorboater

WOW.

Tom is a good friend of mine and I talked to him in person about this one today. Look I understand why you were upset but dang man, its Hooker's fault, not his.

The steel situation blows..it took 2 months to get my Wolf rollbar.

And Tom has the reputation he does for a REASON, giving you full credit back on something out of his control and not his fault is just one more example to add to the thousands of times he has done such things..Speed Inc IS THE BEST,bottom line.

I think you should consider getting rid of this post, its a bit overboard for the situation IMO.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well then if a mod can delete this, I'm all for it. I apologize for the insults, but after today my being upset just turned into a rage because before, I was getting "it'll be there at such and such time", and then today I got a "Well it's out of our hands, and it could be there whenever". I know some of you have been in this situation before. My lack of any patience has a lot to do with this thread, so again I apologize for the insults. But one minor message in fine print would have saved me a lot of headaches. I should have known that I can't assume something is in stock when they don't have any kind of "on backorder" message next to the item. All I want to know is how the "refund" will occur, and when, so I can get the catback air-mailed from Thunder ASAP so I can get the damn thing installed by next weekend. But anyone with the authority, go ahead and delete this, and Tom, I apologize for anything taken to offense by you. But honestly try and consider updating the site with "backorder" messages. People like ordering online, so calling to ask if something is in stock is something they don't wanna mess with, even if it takes but a minute. Good luck with further buisiness.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:12 AM
Banned

I put the credit through yesterday because it hadnt shipped as scheduled from Hooker again. It was supposed to have shipped on tuesday but did not. They told me at least another week before any of the #16811's will leave. I can put the order back through with them, but i am not comfortable with a 6/12 delivery guarantee.

Let me know, just email me directly tom@ls1speed.com . Either way, I look forward to doing business with you again.

Tom
Old 06-03-2004, 08:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

My buddy ordered Hooker headers on March 6th, he just got them last week Thursday. Steel supply is very tight right now, just be glad you aren't paying more for the system, b/c steel prices have shyrocketed in the past months. Believe me, I work for a stainless steel sink company. I don't know why people come here and bash sponsors, be happy they are driving our hobby.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah 9T7, I'm an ***. I reread all my posts and realized what a dick I was. Tom, honestly, I ordered the SLP LoudMouth from Thunder today because all along that was honestly the catback I wanted and they had a deal for free ground shipping which will be here Tuesday. I strongly appreciate you putting the money back on the card, and I'm just gonna send the Hooker back to the manufacturer whenever it arrives. But for all the idiotic things I said earlier when I wasn't thinking straight which I really regret, I hope your last statement is true, because I browse your site daily and would honestly like to give you more of my buisiness. I just panicked about the Hooker because I need it by a certain date and I just went apeshit when not only should I not have, but I vented to the wrong people, about the wrong company. Although I bought my LM from Thunder, you can count on me returning to you guys for parts. I can't apologize enough for how ******' childish I acted, but hope you'll accept this last post of mine in this thread as my sincerest apology. ~ Chris
Old 06-03-2004, 01:34 PM
Banned

Dont sweat it, we all get frustrated when parts dont show as scheduled, including us.

Tom

Quick Reply: Speed, Inc. Blows (Venting)