LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

LSXPOWERTUNING thanks for the Whack tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSXPOWERTUNING thanks for the Whack tune

I went with this guy based on all the great reviews on here. Funny how he is quick to reply to emails answering questions but as soon as you paypal the money you don't hear from him again. A week goes by I email him for an update turns out he forgot about my tune well no worries I am in no rush. I receive his pcm/custom tune 2 days later. IMO, simple setup considering how far the LS1 has come I have 408, stock 317 heads, ls2 intake, baby cam 224/230 at 114, automatic. Well, the idle is terrible, the whole car shakes you can see it rocking. Go for a drive it breaks up in the upper rpm range it's running extremely lean. The best part the transmission won't stay in lock up. Car also throws P1153 code after 20 min of driving and runs extremely rough. I turn the car off restart it clears runs ok for 5 min and it happens again.So, I email him for help I even include an idle data log and a log driving. At first he didn't want to help said I should pay $150 for the upgrade. I expressed my disappointment how off the tune was so he says it's not fair for him to take more time and revise the tune but he will anyway. ( but he offers free unlimited updates ) Also, said my transmission issues (P1870 code) has nothing to do with the tune and is mechanical, wtf I didn't have a tranny issue before? He tells me my 02 sensors are bad thats why it's running rough and throwing the P1153 code. Anyway I download his new tune the car actually idled worse and continued to break up in the upper rpm range like I was hitting the rev limiter but I know it's just extremely lean and continue to have lock up issues. ( I seriously doubt he even looked at the logs) So, I end up going back to my first mail order tune (shortuning) I add his maf data,trans data. The car runs so much better and the best part no transmission issues the converter locks up and stays locked. And no P1153 code either I went ahead and opened a paypal claim today I feel his tune was some worthless junk

Last edited by Venenovette; 05-11-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

You are 100% correct about your order taking longer than it should. When I received your order I put your print out in the completed orders stack by mistake, 100% my fault. I didn't catch until I was entering in tracking numbers for completed orders several days later and saw you didn't have a tracking number on your order. I emailed you and apologized for my mistake and even asked if you wanted me to expedite shipping, you said no and the pcm went out the very next day ups ground.

When you contacted me about a tune before you purchased anything I advised you that I did NOT recommend an email base tune that for your setup and recommend the email tune with data logs. You still purchased the base tune only and then were upset when the fueling was off. Its impossible to get the fuel correct for every combo out there with just a base tune, there are too many variables. There is not a tuner in the world who can do that. I explained that with the data logging option all that could be dialed in and you just had to pay the difference. You also stated you purchased tunes from other companies (I wont name) and their fueling was also off. You didnt want to pay and wanted me to fix the fuel for free because you thought it shouldn't be off even though so far no tune from anyone has been right. I explained you keep buying the wrong tunes that no one is going to be able to get it perfect without data logs. You said you were frustrated from spending money on a dyno tune and other mail order tunes and a pcm because someone fried your pcm. You also converted your 98 to a 411 pcm so you just cant go back your old mail order tunes from a 98 pcm (that you stated in emails didnt run correctly) and load them in a 02 pcm and it run better all of a sudden.

You were told before you the base tune about the different tuning options we sell. You knew before hand that what you purchased did not include looking at any data logs.
We do offer free updates on our mail order tunes when the customer mails in the pcm and the customer cover shipping both ways. It does not involve looking at any logs. Our email tune with data logs (one we recommended) comes with unlimited data logs and tune changes.

Even though you didnt pay for any tune changes as a good gesture I sent you another tune (you stated it was lean) with some fuel added. You then asked about upgrading to the data logging option if it included future changes. I emailed you back the same day (May 4) and never heard from you again. I assumed you were good to go.

This morning I get an email from Paypal stating you filled a dispute and wanted your money back or you were going to make a post on tech. I am the third or fourth tuner you have gone through (based off your own emails) I hope they didn't all have to go through this with you. I would have liked a better outcome but going to paypal and filing a claim doesnt leave anything for me to do. Paypal also ruled in my favor and denied your claim.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:28 AM
Teching In

Yes, said I was gonna post my experience dealing with you on the forum and just because my paypal claim was denied doesn't mean your tune is any good! I have a simple setup and you claim you go by thousands of tunes from customers over the years so the tune should be close well mine was way off you half a$$ed didn't even bother to look at the logs. What about the transmission lock up issues? It was running so lean throwing the P1153 codes but you claim I have bad 02 sensors and bad transmission. My previous mail order tune the car ran fine I only went to you because I was doing the pcm swap and you had them in stock. I simply removed your maf and transmission data and replaced it with my previous tune that's it I didn't download the complete tune! No more lock up issues and doesn't run lean throwing 02 codes
Below is the crap you spewed:

"You have issues with your car that are not tune related, the O2 and trans code. A bad O2 sensor is going to make it not run correctly and also throw off the fuel trims. Im not saying the fueling isnt off BUT the P1153 code is going to make it run rough even if the fueling is perfect.

I would not drive the car with it going into limp mode and throwing the P1870 code, its going to tear up the transmission more continuing to drive it. With that code the torque converter isnt going to stay locked either.

Even though its not fair to me, I'll email you another tune tonight with more fuel and thats it unless you want to upgrade to the data logging option. The reason the data logging option id more is because its more time consuming."

BTW, my previous mail order tune the fueling was off the car was running extremely rich after sending him a log he made the adjustments and sent me another tune that's the maf data I am using now. And he didn't ask for one penny

Last edited by Venenovette; 05-12-2015 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:49 AM
Teching In

I paid $320 ($200 for the tuning and $120 for the pcm) I opened a paypal claim for
just the tuning fee $200. The tune was junk no excuse why I had transmission lock up
issues. He claimed it was mechanical problem obviously it was in the tune and didn't bother to correct
Old 05-12-2015, 09:55 AM
FormerVendor

You didnt bother to call or email after I sent you the last tune. I never heard back from you again, how can I correct something I do not know is wrong. You then filed a paypal claim without contacting me again. I am not going to argue with you, it's obvious you didn't want to pay for the right tune or a tune by filing the paypal claim. You have a history with tuners so I am not the first. Here is a quote from one of your emails:

Ok, I understand it's just frustrating throwing money in tunes. I am trying to get it running right before I install
the blower. I already had one tune from xxxxxx the car ran extremely rich then I took it for a dyno tune and I think the tuner ruined my pcm because it would shut down after going wot. The new pcm I got from you fixed that problem it does not cut off anymore just that it's running very lean.

Good luck on your project.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Go get a custom tune.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:14 AM
Teching In

Why would I contact you again you clearly said in your email below:

"'ll email you another tune tonight with more fuel and thats it"

Why should I waste my time I gave you the logs and it still ran like doo doo
You almost had me calling RPM for a new transmission.Why would I pay you another $150 for data logging when you couldn't get it right. I don't have a history of anything Shortuning did a great job, and the dyno tuner messed up my computer pretty common problem on 98's.

Thanks and good luck with your tuning on the side business

Old 05-12-2015, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
Go get a custom tune.

After changing his maf and transmission tables the car runs good I can
now focus on installing the F1 blower. I just wanted to let people know
he ain't no "tuning wizard"
Old 05-12-2015, 10:51 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Venenovette
Why would I contact you again you clearly said in your email below:

"'ll email you another tune tonight with more fuel and thats it"

Why should I waste my time I gave you the logs and it still ran like doo doo
You almost had me calling RPM for a new transmission.Why would I pay you another $150 for data logging when you couldn't get it right. I don't have a history of anything Shortuning did a great job, and the dyno tuner messed up my computer pretty common problem on 98's.

Thanks and good luck with your tuning on the side business

I'll say this one more time, there is NOT a single tuner in the world who can get every fuel table right on a base tune for every combination, not one, it's impossible. Your saying the tune is bad but your copying and pasting tables from other tunes in the same tune and saying its fixed. I recommend getting it tuned somewhere in person vs what your doing.

This is no side business, its a real business open Monday through Saturday 9-6.

Quick Reply: LSXPOWERTUNING thanks for the Whack tune