LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

MTI pissed me off

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Tribe Shaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MTI pissed me off

From Feb 1, 2005 through Feb 12, 2005 MTI is pleased to offer a special on both mail order and dyno tuning utilizing LS1Edit for the 99-05 4.8, 5.3 and 6.0 GMC Trucks.

Priced at $350.00 (Normal price $500.00) for both the mail order and dyno tune versions, we've seen significant horspower gains on nearly every truck that we've done and whether you're From Feb 1, 2005 through Feb 12, 2005 MTI is pleased to offer a special on both mail order and dyno tuning utilizing LS1Edit for the 99-05 4.8, 5.3 and 6.0 GMC Trucks.

Priced at $350.00 (Normal price $500.00) for both the mail order and dyno tune versions, we've seen significant horspower gains on nearly every truck that we've done and whether you're stock and plan to modify or modified and plan for more, this is a great opportunity to have your truck tuned by MTI's owner and the industry's premier LS1Tuner, Jayson Cohen.

To schedule your tune here at our facility in Houston or discuss what we need from you to tune effectively via mail order, please call us at (281) 870-8787 and ask to speak to Jeff or Chris.

Thanks and best regards,

David Coates
MTI
Houston, TX

To schedule your tune here at our facility in Houston or discuss what we need from you to tune effectively via mail order, please call us at (281) 870-8787 and ask to speak to Jeff or Chris.

Thanks and best regards,

David Coates
MTI
Houston, TX

lying stack of ****, I just called to set an appointment to get the truck tuned.
they state starts Feb 1 ends Feb 12, told me that it ended today on the Feb 5 until I brought up what was posted here on the web site, and the price of $350.00 is a lie too.
in their own words ( whether you're stock and plan to modify or modified and plan for more ),
well I am modified and it is $350.00 plus the cost of wide band tuning as he put it.
they should have posted what they think being modified is, and what is not covered in the special they don't want to run any more.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's pretty crappy. If this is really the case, I won't be doing any business with them.....
Old 02-05-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Thats shitty,they are still making good money at $350
Old 02-05-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Addict

hmmmm.........interesting.....
Old 02-05-2005, 03:16 PM

I not too fond of them, nobody can return phone calls there. O well took my business elsewhere and got better service and better prices.... I will never buy from MTI in the future
Old 02-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Badass pool player

This is directed to the original poster in this thread ..... Anyone else who may have had an issue with any aspect of our customer service now or in the future is more than welcome to call me and I'll see what I can do. Sometimes I can make something happen, sometimes my hands are tied.

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post. I'm sorry that you received incorrect information on the ending date of the tuning special, but as my sales person explained to you, the tuning does not include wideband a/f which is required for supercharged trucks such as your own.

I would be happy to discuss this with you personally if you'd like and see if we can come to some type of agreement in order to earn your business.

Sincerely,

David Coates
MTI
Houston, TX
(281) 870-8787

P.S. Your first statment is a little harsh, don't you think?
Old 02-05-2005, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

David thanks for the PM. I found a great price up here on cam install & tune so i'll get it done local in DFW.. i might get a retune later if i try to squeeze more out of it.

One thing i must say is Jayson is one of the best tuners around.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:59 PM

I apprciate the PM Dave but you were the one who was supposed to retun my call, I called there twice and someone else there left messages for you twice. If you wanted to make a sale you would have at least returned the call the 2nd time.
Old 02-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Tribe Shaman

i posted this on the other thread too.

no I don't think my first words are harsh. not after talking to your help and getting the impression that the post was completely false.

the first time we talked about tuning my truck the price was over $700.00 with tax,
after reading your new post I thought I could save my self $350.00 getting it done during your special in February, tuning it at your shop or sending in my pcm.
but after talking to your help I find out that my modified truck does not meet the requirements for your special.

you should have put in your post that tuning for a supercharger is different then what you are offering. or that the special covers internal mods only no blot on's.

i am not as upset as i was but i still beleave that when a business offers something they should live up to it, and not try to get out of it.
weather it is bolted on like nos or a turbo or a supercharger, or headders it is no diffrent then putting in a cam, or larger injectors, or a diffrent set of heads.
being modified means being more then stock.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PappyDan
i posted this on the other thread too.

no I don't think my first words are harsh. not after talking to your help and getting the impression that the post was completely false.

the first time we talked about tuning my truck the price was over $700.00 with tax,
after reading your new post I thought I could save my self $350.00 getting it done during your special in February, tuning it at your shop or sending in my pcm.
but after talking to your help I find out that my modified truck does not meet the requirements for your special.

you should have put in your post that tuning for a supercharger is different then what you are offering. or that the special covers internal mods only no blot on's.

i am not as upset as i was but i still beleave that when a business offers something they should live up to it, and not try to get out of it.
weather it is bolted on like nos or a turbo or a supercharger, or headders it is no diffrent then putting in a cam, or larger injectors, or a diffrent set of heads.
being modified means being more then stock.
i think in all sincerity that you have a point and it seems like MTI is only trying to cover their mistakes. I have had similar responses fom MTI and only when i called with a possible order did their customer service change........
Old 02-06-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, I was gonna take advantage of the mail special. Did not see anywhere that the orders were being taken for 4 days only or that the wideband tuning was not included. Normally a disclaimer for "mistakes in advertising" should be listed but if not MTI is liable for the prices in the original message. Shoulda charged the $350.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ktmrider
Wow, I was gonna take advantage of the mail special. Did not see anywhere that the orders were being taken for 4 days only or that the wideband tuning was not included. Normally a disclaimer for "mistakes in advertising" should be listed but if not MTI is liable for the prices in the original message. Shoulda charged the $350.
You can't do wide band tuning mail order anyway.

I have always had great service from MTI and they have always gone out of there way to help. Even if it wasn't their problem. I think somethimes people just get too mad when they don't get the response they want to hear. MTI has always tried to do the right thing with people I know. I know there are some people who have not been pleased with MTI but I can't comment on those because I don't know all the facts. I just thought I would post and and say give them a chance they have always tried to do right that I have seen.

BTW I am in no way affiliated with MTI. I don't even own an LS1 anymore. They just did right by me when I was a customer.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$350 for a tune without A/F ? How do you tune a car if you don't even have an A/F reading?

Mark
Old 02-06-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Of course I realize that you cannot WB a computer boos2. I was just commenting on the fact that the original post made absolutely no mention of "additional" costs for items such as wideband tuning, limited order time, etc.
Again if the "advertised" service omitted items like this they should pony up and honor the ad else have included some type of disclaimer. It reeks of "bait and switch".
Old 02-06-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by poolfanatic
but as my sales person explained to you, the tuning does not include wideband a/f .....

There is NO SUCH THING as "tuning" without a wideband sensor. If there is, then hundreds of us would sure like to know how....
Old 02-07-2005, 12:47 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

You guys that think that tuning cannot be done without a wideband obviously have MUCH less experience tuning LS1s than some of us. I've owned and raced at least 8 different LS1 combinations and have only had the wideband reading done on ONE of them. The rest of them we used AutoTap to monitor the factory O2 sensors out on the street.

While not exactly "perfect", it was often times dead on accurate tune-wise. Backed with results at the track and on the dyno.

MTI has been doing tuning since LS1s came out. They have seen all of the combos you can think of. Most similar combos use very similar baseline tunes. Thats why when you send in a mail order tune request, they ask everything about your combo. I'd put money on Jayson nailing it 9 times out of 10 if your setup is functioning properly (and maintained) in the first place.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:04 AM
11 Second Club

sorta like colonels car at futural now

Quick Reply: MTI pissed me off