LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

HP Tuners Bad Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down HP Tuners Bad Customer Service

I ordered hp tuners for my truck on May 9th. I payed via paypal and figured I would have it in a few days since they said they ship UPS.

It is now May 25 and I still have no tuning equipment and I'm about to to go out of town and the shop has to have it before I leave so I can get my truck back. I did send them an email and they said it would go out last week. I emailed back and asked while it took so long to ship and no response. I would of been happy if they were honest up front with me and told me it was going to take so long.

Marc
Old 05-25-2005, 01:13 AM
Launching!

We have never had a problem with them, hes come through numerous times.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:16 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Marc, What is your e-mail address?

I have been all caught up with e-mails for today since about 5pm CST.

If I have received an e-mail from you, I can assure you it was responded to.

- Keith, HP Tuners
Old 05-25-2005, 01:18 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I did an e-mail search.

If your last name begins with a W the last e-mail I received from you was on May 17'th, in which I responded just hours later.

I show no e-mails from you after this date, if your last name begins with a W.

Please check your deleted items folder or your spam folders for the e-mail I have responded to.

We are very prompt to respond to e-mails and always do so. Almost every time a user says they have not received an e-mail from us it was either bounced by their mail server or filtered out as spam from their mail server.

We do not filter outgoing mail from our mail server.

If an e-mail does get bounced for whatever reason we consider the e-mail address to be dead and do not follow through. When we did follow through in the past the e-mails never made it through after several attempts anyway.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Magnus; 05-25-2005 at 01:23 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:47 AM
11 Second Club

Everytime I've ever emailed them I almost immediatly recieve a prompt email back, sometimes even @ 1-2am. I would guess that it's a simple mis-communication.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:57 AM
TECH Junkie

I did receive your response on the 17th and responded within minutes with this.

Keith,
Why does it take so long to ship ? I ordered last week on May 9th
which was last monday. I just need to know that it can be here before
next friday because I go out of town and the tuner has to have this.

Marc

I never did recieve another email after that and I also did check my spam and I have no spam in the last 30 days.

My name is Marc Whitmore can you tell me if my product has shipped or not ?
Old 05-25-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Even the no response is not a big deal as it is the 25th and I ordered the product on the 9th. I figured since you ship UPS Ground I would at least ship my product by the 17th which is over a week later.

I would just like to know when my product is going to get here.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what happened? Did you get your software? What was the delay?

Mark
Old 05-25-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mdhmi
So what happened? Did you get your software? What was the delay?

Mark
I still have no software or explanation why it took so long. I have seen other people give good feedback saying they ordered on a monday and got it by that friday.

I ordered it on the 9th and ups has not come today and they usually come in the mornings. I just wish I had some idea on when it would be here. Since I do leave tomorrow and the shop needs it before I leave.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Marc, I received the tracking from the shippment today via e-mail. UPS should have sent it out to you as well. If you have not received it please feel free to e-mail me.

Thanks!
Old 05-25-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I remember when I ordered mine via pay-pal they waited two weeks to ship. I think it has something to do with the money clearing through pay-pal.

-Geoff
Old 05-25-2005, 05:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Geoff, it all depends on the type of payment you send. We accept many forms of payment.

If you send a e-check via paypal, we do wait for it to clear which can take a week or longer.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Magnus
Marc, I received the tracking from the shippment today via e-mail. UPS should have sent it out to you as well. If you have not received it please feel free to e-mail me.

Thanks!
I still have not received anything via email. Can you tell me when it should get here ?

Also what was the reason it took so long to even ship ? I payed with my money that was in paypal not a credit card or e-check.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

This is a very peak time for orders. Everybody is gearing up for race season. We are doing everything we can to keep up.

Shoot me an e-mail and I'll attach tracking.

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2005, 12:10 AM
TECH Junkie

I received my tracking number today and it says the shipped it on Wednesday the 25th.

Here is the email I received saying it would be shipped last week and I was straight out lied to.

On May 17 Sent to me from HP

Keith Prociuk
to me
More options May 17
Your order will ship out late this week via UPS Ground from Chicago, IL.

Thanks!

Keith Prociuk
HP Tuners LLC
www.hptuners.com

I will finally get my product on the 31st is what UPS says I leave tomorrow and now have to pay more money to ship this to the shop that is doing my work since I'll be out of town until mid June.

Keith If you would of been honest I would of had no problem but I paid on the 9th in full and you did not even ship when you said and lied to me. This has cost me loss of time and money and I do not appreciate it. Next time please just be honest if you would of been honest up front I would of been understanding.

Marc
Old 05-26-2005, 12:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Marc, are you calling me a liar?

Listen Marc, I do everything I can to make sure all orders, not just yours, go out as soon as possible. I'm sorry yours did not go out as expected but it was out of my control.

I notice you quote me as saing "your order will", that is a mistake on my part. I should have stated, "your order should".

Our orders page states that orders typically ship out the following day and this holds true. They do typically ship out the following day. In your case and the case of many others the past few weeks they have took a little longer.

I do not mislead nor do I lie to our customers. I do everything I can to make sure they ship out as soon as possible.

We ship a lot of orders and we receive a lot of e-mails. You cannot imagine how many e-mails a day I get regarding order status. People always asking to be updated and I do update them with my honest belief in when their order will ship. You e-mailed me on the 17'th and I replied.

I missed my exected ship date on your order by a few business days. I'm sorry. We do our best but sometimes it just isn't good enough and sometimes we do miss our target ship date. We'll try to correct this in the future.

- Keith
Old 05-26-2005, 12:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Magnus
Marc, are you calling me a liar?

Listen Marc, I do everything I can to make sure all orders, not just yours, go out as soon as possible. I'm sorry yours did not go out as expected but it was out of my control.

I notice you quote me as saing "your order will", that is a mistake on my part. I should have stated, "your order should".

Our orders page states that orders typically ship out the following day and this holds true. They do typically ship out the following day. In your case and the case of many others the past few weeks they have took a little longer.

I do not mislead nor do I lie to our customers. I do everything I can to make sure they ship out as soon as possible.

We ship a lot of orders and we receive a lot of e-mails. You cannot imagine how many e-mails a day I get regarding order status. People always asking to be updated and I do update them with my honest belief in when their order will ship. You e-mailed me on the 17'th and I replied.

I missed my exected ship date on your order by a few business days. I'm sorry. We do our best but sometimes it just isn't good enough and sometimes we do miss our target ship date. We'll try to correct this in the future.

- Keith

Keith,
When you say something that is not true then that is a lie. I'm not saying you are a liar in all aspects but that you lied to me about the ship date. That is what bothered me.

You also were not off by a few days but by over 10 business days. I am sorry that you are swamped with work but I was patient enough to wait a few days before even bothering you asking where my product was.

I am just disappointed and upset that now I have to spend more money to ship this product to my shop from my work since I'll be out on business and unable to deliver it myself.

Marc
Old 05-26-2005, 01:05 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Marc, you are implying that I intentionally mislead you which is not true and I take offense to that. I am a very honest person. I do not mislead our customers. You are implying that I KNEW your order would not ship out until the 25'th and that I told you it would ship out late the week before regardless. That is simply not the case. Had I known your order was not going to ship out I would have said something. Some of our customers e-mail me on a daily basis asking status of orders. You e-mailed me once and that was it. After your second e-mail was lost you did not even follow up.

The week of the 17'th I stated it would ship out later that week. That week ends on the 20'th. Your order shipped out on the 25'th, just 3 business days later.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Keith,
I never mentioned you intenionally meant to mislead me. I am just stating what I was told by you that it would ship on a certain date and it did not.

Also you said your policy is to usually ship next day so if we used that then it would be 10 business days not 3.

Once again I am not trying to call you a liar as a person but that basically you told one lie or better said you made an accident. It happens to everyone no hard feelings I am just upset on not being told the truth and this has just been a huge setback for me and my truck.

Marc
Old 05-26-2005, 01:47 AM
Teching In

Default wtf

Fact of the matter is, the order was placed on May 9th. The product was purchased with money that was already in the paypal account; thus, making the transaction from paypal account to paypal account instant which means that it took no time for the payment to clear with the bank. The product was SHIPPED on May 25th. That's 12 business days later it took for the hp tuner to get in the mail.

There are no excuses.

Sorry, I'm not buying your story.

Brando

Quick Reply: HP Tuners Bad Customer Service