LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Problems w/LG Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problems w/LG Motorsports

Hi, I just came here to express my disappointment with LG Motorsports.

I am from Monterrey, Mexico, and I created www.camaro-transam.com. Some of our members ask me to buy parts for their cars from the USA.

I have been buying since last year from Summit, New Era Performance, Jegs, LM Performance, and Ebay.

In January, my friend ordered LCA, Sway Bars, PHB, Traction bar, and a set of coil-overs. He insisted on buying directly from LG; I found the coil-overs for US$200 cheaper at another store, but he insisted that he knows some guy there. The coil-overs didn't come until May; that would not have been problem if they had said "it will take 5 months", but he promised 1 month.

Now he wanted AFR heads and a big cam, and I dont know why he insisted on going with LG again. He ordered one month ago, and planned his trip to Edinburg, TX (almost 1000 miles from Mexico City) this week with Aggressive Motorsports to do the job. We arrived in Edinburg last Sunday, and the heads weren't at my brother-in-law's home. We called them and they sent the heads yesterday. You know, more long distance calls, more hotel nights, etc.

He also ordered a Moser 12" and paid for it one month ago, and now they said that will be impossible to have it this week. He'll have to return to Mexico City without the Moser.

This store is very expensive, and doesn't care about foreign customers. He paid for everything one month ago, and travelled 1000 miles for nothing.

Sorry for my English; if any moderator can correct my spelling mistakes, I'd really appreciate it.

HZ

Last edited by hz28; 08-16-2005 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

BTW, can anybody send a 12 moser this week to edinburg tx, zip 78541?
Old 07-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Banned

Moser takes 2 business days to complete a rear, add another business day to process. That's 3 days, unless someone has one laying around with the correct options you won't be able to get one this week.

- Matt
Old 07-27-2005, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
Moser takes 2 business days to complete a rear, add another business day to process. That's 3 days, unless someone has one laying around with the correct options you won't be able to get one this week.

- Matt
Thats why i am soo angry, we paid for it one month ago, 3 days for doing and another 4 for shipping, it should be there 2 weeks ago..

We can wait to next wensday, no more, after that, we need to come back to mexico...
Old 07-27-2005, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man that sux. I have ordered 7k in parts over the last 3 months and let me tell ya NONE of it came on time. Even when i paid for next day or 2nd day air. They dont seem to care that i need the parts to do the install on the weekend so i pay extra to get them BUT they come on monday adn noone can refund my shipping charges. You seem to have gotten real screwed by these guys. If i ordered a part adn it came 3 weeks late Id be callin them and demanding my money back and ill go somewhere else. Not sure why ya bud wants to deal with them, not that i think there is anythign wrong with them, but with a track record like that Id never use them. GL man

John
Old 07-27-2005, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Thanx ACW for the spelling correction.

I could not belive when my friend told me they did not email him trakcking numbers....

Last edited by hz28; 07-27-2005 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:25 AM
Banned

I deal with Bobby, Lou and Louis @ LG all the time. We've never had 1 problem with them. Most of the time they rush all of our shipments out the door because we call them at 5pm EST just before their UPS cutoff. Always been on time and good to us. This is surprising to hear...
Old 07-28-2005, 08:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gave up on them a long time ago because they do not return phone calls and their pricing is way off the mark from other shops. I do not think they really need all the $$, anyway. Good luck with all that!!
Old 08-09-2005, 08:22 PM
TECH Regular

man that sux!! how come, they dont care about their customers? u paid for the stuff and they didn´t have it ready?? thats not a good bussines, you shouldn´t buy from them!! i will never buy anything from LG!!
Old 08-14-2005, 03:45 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
I deal with Bobby, Lou and Louis @ LG all the time. We've never had 1 problem with them. Most of the time they rush all of our shipments out the door because we call them at 5pm EST just before their UPS cutoff. Always been on time and good to us. This is surprising to hear...
Nah not really.

Took me 5 months to get my parts. They did give me a free torque arm out of the deal, which I do appreciate.

Bobby finally took care of everything, and seems like a nice guy. For months all I got were BS stories however. I'm not impressed at all, as I've always pushed people in LGM's direction. I'm done with them now, I won't order anything else from them, or point anyone in their direction.

I'd rather just keep my mouth shut. But I figured I'd post up and tell HZ28 he's not alone. I can tell you the coil overs took as long as they did due to parts being on backorder from Bilstein. At least that's what they told me. I'm sure they failed to mention this small detail to you, as they did to me.

Last edited by cyphur_traq; 08-14-2005 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:54 PM
FormerVendor

I had nothing but problems with them also. I ordered a set of sway bars for a car and they came about a month after i ordered them. They went on a show car that only saw about 100 miles a month on the road but their powdercoat was all pealing off within 2 months of having the sway bars. I emailed them and called but never got any replies out of them and i was even set up as a distributor for their parts. Well we have since canceled our account and never plan to purchase anything through them again.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 69vette
I had nothing but problems with them also. I ordered a set of sway bars for a car and they came about a month after i ordered them. They went on a show car that only saw about 100 miles a month on the road but their powdercoat was all pealing off within 2 months of having the sway bars. I emailed them and called but never got any replies out of them and i was even set up as a distributor for their parts. Well we have since canceled our account and never plan to purchase anything through them again.
All they or he is concerned about is selling enough parts to pay for his racecar. They don't keep their word, and to me, that's all you really have when you get down to it. all the LG .
Old 08-26-2005, 11:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We had one problem child salesmen who is now gone. We are still tieing up lose ends he left hanging over the course of his 16 month employment, and he was your salesmen.

We have a few new people taking care of the sales and it is going well. If you have a problem, please contact me and I will take care of you.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:10 PM

Im not taking sides here but my questions is:

If it took so long to get the first order of parts, what would make him think tey would actually get the next to you on time? Granted its their fault for not sending anything on time, but its your fault for ordering from them AFTER YOU ALREADY KNEW THAT. You cant complain about something thats partly your fault.

Quick Reply: Problems w/LG Motorsports