LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions
View Poll Results: do you think ARE/Autoworks will do anything to compensate ?
no
62.69%
maybe
5.97%
sometime in next lifetime
23.88%
told you so
7.46%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

do you think ARE/Autoworks will do anything to compensate ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SLED28
Eugenio can you read????????????
don't you have work to do @ the shop ???
go build engines, will you...
Old 08-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Launching!

Well thats awesome Chris.

How are you helping this situation, this one directly?

And what do you think you know about it that I dont?

And further what do you think you know about ARE that I dont?

Thanks for your help.

Andy

Originally Posted by CHRISPY
Alot more than you think and I have been involved with ARE since 2000. (a LOT longer than you)

I have probably referred over 100K worth of work to ARE over the years.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Alot more than you think and I have been involved with ARE a LOT longer than you.
agreed, especially that I had to explain all the story to you Andy.
you were not involved in my case, but did seem to try hard in making things right... but it was a bit too late, and as I stated, the straw that broke the camel's back was the lie on the leakdown, basically telling me that THE ENGINE IS PERFECT...go race, come back and we'll put the nitrous on it.
stock gaskets, can't time the wrong cam... and then what ??? have a destroyed engine.. so I had it checked before it was too late, but the block and piston were to be replaced anyways... so it WAS too late.

As my wife told me: "You should've taken the car out of there last year, and paid someone else that is willing to do the job and just pay it."
I was really fed up of begging for over 1 year for work to be done a my car.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've said my piece and it is in my original post. I will not get into anything else on here.

I was sincerely hoping Eugino and ARE could reach a resolution together but I guess not (I do understand both of your points of view)

I am not saying anything further on the topic so please do not try to provoke me into doing so
Old 08-04-2005, 03:30 PM
Launching!

Yes Eugenio, you had a guy that was trying hard to help you out in everyway he could. Matt as well. LOL we even paid for your lunch that day man.

It just burns me up that right when we were about to finish fixing things up for you and you gave your word to Matt and I that you'd be back the following week all this spewed out.

Oh well I tried.

Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS
agreed, especially that I had to explain all the story to you Andy.
you were not involved in my case, but did seem to try hard in making things right... but it was a bit too late, and as I stated, the straw that broke the camel's back was the lie on the leakdown, basically telling me that THE ENGINE IS PERFECT...go race, come back and we'll put the nitrous on it.
stock gaskets, can't time the wrong cam... and then what ??? have a destroyed engine.. so I had it checked before it was too late, but the block and piston were to be replaced anyways... so it WAS too late.

As my wife told me: "You should've taken the car out of there last year, and paid someone else that is willing to do the job and just pay it."
I was really fed up of begging for over 1 year for work to be done a my car.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:33 PM
Launching!

I am surely not provoking anything Chris, just defending my statements and MY actions.

I've said my piece and it is in my original post. I will not get into anything else on here.

I was sincerely hoping Eugino and ARE could reach a resolution together but I guess not (I do understand both of your points of view)

I am not saying anything further on the topic so please do not try to provoke me into doing so
Old 08-04-2005, 03:41 PM
FormerVendor

Eugenio, its getting tiresome about the motor issue and how **** it is.
Anyways, I did not build the motor the old guy Paul built it who is long gone. I think what happened in those emails is you might have thought I was building it, and I just went with the flow. I know alot of people did not want him to touch their stuff so I figure I wouldn't let the cat out of the bag I know not to do this again! Anyways like I said I understand your pissed off, but don't direct it at me. I tried to help when I got word of the problems but it was too late, sorry
Dave
Old 08-04-2005, 04:05 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

What were the leakdown results again?
Old 08-04-2005, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

The thing I would be more worried about is the wrong parts on the motor, not so much who built it. The motor is bad but no one can ever definitively prove what caused it (Wear from road racing, 18:1 AF ratio etc) although I have my thoughts, so move on to fixing why he bought your stage 3 head but got a patriot head. Or the timing chain or the nitrous kit.

When are you going to address those issues?

Forget the he said she said BS that is all water under the bridge.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Leakdown test #s are in:
cylinder #1: 18%
cylinder #2: 20%
cylinder #3: 13%
cylinder #4: 35%
cylinder #5: 15%
cylinder #6: 31%
cylinder #7: 28%
cylinder #8: 20%
Old 08-04-2005, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SLED28
Eugenio, its getting tiresome about the motor issue and how **** it is.
Anyways, I did not build the motor the old guy Paul built it who is long gone. I think what happened in those emails is you might have thought I was building it, and I just went with the flow. I know alot of people did not want him to touch their stuff so I figure I wouldn't let the cat out of the bag I know not to do this again! Anyways like I said I understand your pissed off, but don't direct it at me. I tried to help when I got word of the problems but it was too late, sorry
Dave
then stop it.
You know, I don't care who actually built it.
it doesn't really make any difference to me if you, Paul, or anyone else... bottom line is the engine was built @ ARE and the block is damaged.
So you're telling me you lied at the time... that's ok, another lie.
All I ever wanted was the truth... if I was told Paul worked on the engine wouldn't have amade any difference whatsoever... I just wanted the facts and plan of action.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
What were the leakdown results again?
http://s97997631.onlinehome.us/temp/...385/Page1.html
Leakdown test #s are in:
cylinder #1: 18%
cylinder #2: 20%
cylinder #3: 13%
cylinder #4: 35%
cylinder #5: 15%
cylinder #6: 31%
cylinder #7: 28%
cylinder #8: 20%

video of engine:
http://s97997631.onlinehome.us/temp/Eugenio/hurt385.wmv
Old 08-04-2005, 07:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 93LS1RX7
The thing I would be more worried about is the wrong parts on the motor, not so much who built it. The motor is bad but no one can ever definitively prove what caused it (Wear from road racing, 18:1 AF ratio etc) although I have my thoughts, so move on to fixing why he bought your stage 3 head but got a patriot head. Or the timing chain or the nitrous kit.

When are you going to address those issues?

Forget the he said she said BS that is all water under the bridge.
After reading though all these pages,I think this is a good question.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:49 PM
10 Second Club

Man that was a lot of reading... and some valid points from both sides, it has become a very ugly situation for everyone... this is one of the downsides of our hobby I guess.

I haven't commented much based on the fact that I have no direct knowledge of anything that went on. Also for the fact that I had my work done at ARE and have been quite happy with my car... and some would believe this would lead me to be in the ARE "camp", whereas I'm more in the "F-Body camp" despite where anyone gets their work done.

However, the one question that pops up with me is this....

If I thought I had a problem with my motor, I would want to go to a shop that was completely impartial to do any analysis. Doing a leakdown test is not rocket science, nor is dissasembling the motor to validate the assembly and parts installed.

The reasons are threefold. Firstly, I would know 100% that there are no other potential biases to wonder about when dealing with them. Secondly, any potential resolution with ARE would be far more amicable as they would probably trust the results of an impartial source far more than FTR. And thirdly, if I was interested in potential legal recourse, an unbiased analysis would hold up to scrutiny more.

I know you have a right to go wherever you want Eugenio... just wondering why you chose to go to FTR, knowing the history between ARE and them, instead of any other shop in the GTA?

BTW... I'm in no way criticizing the work at FTR as I have no experience with them... just the possible perceptions of going there versus somewhere else.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:56 PM
SSZ
TECH Fanatic

I would definitely go to an outside source to have it checked.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:01 PM
SSZ
TECH Fanatic

Yeah. You could have gone to Redline. Or into the States.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:23 AM
Teching In

Yeah sure, lets inconvenience the customer(KEYWORD) some more. Now that he has waited 18 months and been though numerous hells (he has the patience of God) ...... lets just make "him" go the extra, extra step. Sorry guys no matter how it sounds, your bias is still showing Just put yourselves in his shoes, and we won't bring up any fine points just simple basics ... 18 months, money spent, sponsor money lost, and still without engine and how would you feel
Old 08-05-2005, 08:03 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1LeSS
Yeah sure, lets inconvenience the customer(KEYWORD) some more. Now that he has waited 18 months and been though numerous hells (he has the patience of God) ...... lets just make "him" go the extra, extra step. Sorry guys no matter how it sounds, your bias is still showing Just put yourselves in his shoes, and we won't bring up any fine points just simple basics ... 18 months, money spent, sponsor money lost, and still without engine and how would you feel
Not sure what extra step is involved in choosing one shop versus another for any analysis though.... there was some planning necessary to take it to FTR, just like taking it to any other shop.

How would I feel after 18months with an engine that doesn't run right? I'd be very upset... and tired of the whole thing too. And I don't suggest I know exactly what Eugenio is going through... but I do know if I was unhappy with the service/workmanship of any shop, I would try to cover my bases to make sure I had solid evidence for any recourse... for me, bringing the car to an impartial shop would be important.

As for me being Biased.... if I had no involvement with ARE and asked the same question, would I still be labelled as an ARE supporter? Probably not... the question would still have been asked though.

I do want to say that my experience with ARE has been relatively positive. I had a 383 LT1 built by ARE, as well as a rebuilt tranny and new Converter. So far, my experiences with ARE have been mostly positive. They have been flexible to my needs, and have provided good work, at a reasonable price. There have been some glitches in the process... but I have remained flexible, and have also seen them be flexible as well... I am driving my car and love it.

In terms of glitches... a main one involved the Converter. There was a problem with the TCI torque converter lockup not working consistently since it was installed. They have tried adjusting tuning, installing a TC lockup switch and replacing the lockup solenoid.... all to no avail... they have spent considerable time trying to make it work only to find out that it was the Brand New converter. Why am I mentioning this? Because in any project a shop takes on, there is always the posibility of having problems... many times, it's not the fault of the shop. ARE has lost $$$ on my TC install, but have continued to provide good support.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Like I said he's lucky for not getting a car with an empty engine bay. But of Nicks goodwill it looks like he paid out of his own pocket to help of what he could.
Nick's goodwill? I bet part of the "out of pocket" money came from people he took money from. Maybe he can yank a grand out of his pocket to return the deposit he has owed Ahmad for nearly 3 years now.

Wrong parts in the motor, hmmm, where does that story sound familar?

It is absolutely amazing you can come on here and make statements like this. I know so many people who did not get what they paid for, its the same old story.

Its been one scam and rip off after another. I'm not even talking about my old car, you took someones money that he gave to you in good faith, and then kept it. Never touched his car, never returned calls or emails, just threw a grand of someone elses money in your pocket and acted like nothing happened.

You deserve every single thing that happens, and then some.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:16 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

Ahmad ever get his deposit back Eric? Sounds like no.

Who is FTR? I know Barry works at Redline, is Barry still friendly with Nick, ARE, and Wade?

Quick Reply: do you think ARE/Autoworks will do anything to compensate ?