LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions
View Poll Results: do you think ARE/Autoworks will do anything to compensate ?
no
62.69%
maybe
5.97%
sometime in next lifetime
23.88%
told you so
7.46%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

do you think ARE/Autoworks will do anything to compensate ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 10:22 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FTR is Wade's shop.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:24 AM
8 Second Club

FTR is Wade and Fern's new shop in the East End of Toronto... I have been dealing with them for the past several months and the service has been impecable...

http://www.ftrengines.com/
Old 08-05-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ahmad never saw a dime of his money.

Incon never delivered the kit to ARE and Ahmad's deposit, which everyone and their mother knows was refundable, was never refunded.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You want to go down that road again Dave?

Thats the sad thing, I did pay Nick, every bit of what I owed him.

Lets go back...I called Nick several times a few days before I was to go pick up the car, and this is verifiable by several people, to get a number for a check. After calling him over and over and never getting a number I did some math in my head from our discussions, went down to the credit union and got some cash.

I emailed Nick, called, and told him, get me a number or I won't know what to bring. He called me as I was walking out the door and already after I got a check for him.

I was a little short on my estimate, about $1,200 if I remember right. I told him I'd send him a check. I leave, after hearing how great the car runs and all the other bullshit that came out of there. I even told him that I never should have paid him the remaining portion of the bill. Several people know the real story, saw the bill, the checks, everying.

George and I get on the 401, I hit the gas and it blows black smoke and backfires! Get home, the car has been in my driveway 5 minutes already I have the hood open. Seems the car ran SO great with stock plugs gapped at .0060, you guys forget the turbo's were under the hood?

The car was a complete mess. You couldn't align the rear end for **** so you used 15 washers to "adjust" the shock alignment. It was one **** up after another on that car.

Against my better judgement I sent Nick that last $1,200 but I bet it went right in his pocket while he told everyone else a different story.

Your lying, plain and simple, you want to see copies of the MO's and receipt?

I still have a copy of the last thread and you tried this same bullshit defense.

Its pretty ******* low when the guy you work for has ripped off tons of people and you have the nerve to complain about someone else taking your money or did you forget what you posted over on the Corvette Forum?

But you admitted it before and you just did it again, Nick owes him that money and Ahmad is too nice of a guy to make trouble for him. There was so much shady **** going on there it would take an auditor years to figure it out.

My car ran but it was put together so poorly and I'm sure it did not have most of the parts I bought. Alot of things have changed since then and the money I spent isn't as big of a deal as it once would have been so I'm not even pissed about it.

What I am pissed about is, Nick took someones money and you defend him and continue to work for him knowing he was a crook.

Alot of people got screwed by Nick, but most got something out of it, it might have been broken ****, but at least there was some material or transaction, you guys just pocketed his money and ignored his calls.

You going to deny it? You brought it up big guy, so answer the question.

BTW, from the looks of the poll here it seems you and him have a glowing future in the Automotive Performance business.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:10 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,165 Likes on 757 Posts

I don't think Eric C. was out of line at all when he was getting the final work done on his car back a few years ago, and expressed displeasure at how the stuff was coming out He just wanted the car to be turn-key and worry-free. I think there was overall rushed appearance to the wiring and he did not feel served. The arguing got weird to me, because after all, there is nothing to argue about if the work was done properly right?

I have always thought well of Eric C. he was always a straight shooter. Perhaps working for DaimlerChrysler had/has given him a strong standard in term of expectations.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I forgot that John does know about as much as I do on how ARE was run.

I wanted the car to run, and it did, and the craftsmanship part of it wasn't really my thing, IF the car ran. But when the craftsmanship effected the way the car ran thats what was the problem.

Like I said, the car is gone and although I took a hit when I sold it, what I turned that into makes it all worth it in the end. I was glad to see it go, the guy who bought it got a good parts car, and it freed me up from alot of things.

I could have argued with Nick until I was blue in the face about the work on the car and the money, and arguing it would have been because there would have been his side of the story, even if it wasn't the true interpetation.

However, Ahmad gave them money, it was refundable, and they kept it. Period, end of story, theft, plain and simple.

Nothing else to it, you stole, with complete knowledge, $1,000 from someone who gave it to you with the best honest intentions.

I'm pissed to the point where I'll make sure I make this known to anyone and everyone wherever you two may go and it won't take word long to travel where you two have popped up, until Ahmad gets the refund he is owed.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why do these ARE/Autoworx threads always end up in the sponsor section...they are not a sponsor here and they should never be allowed to sponsor this site again. There should be another forum for companies that folded or ripped people off.

Plain and simple, they stole money and time from a ton of people. All of the people that were on the receiving end have not been made whole. There are probably a ton of people like Eric that have already gotten rid of the cars that ARE screwed up and we will never know their stories.

People that continue to do business with them are just asking for it. Why people would even gamble with them when there are companies that deliver what they promise when they promise it (W2W for example).
Old 08-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by C Man
I know you have a right to go wherever you want Eugenio... just wondering why you chose to go to FTR, knowing the history between ARE and them, instead of any other shop in the GTA?
Why should Eugenio have the motor disassembled at one shop and transported somewhere else to be fixed/rebuilt?
Old 08-05-2005, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Oh by the way Cam, can you also please come by the shop and pay your unpaid balance from March 21, 2005 for $577.38.

Originally Posted by DR.ZED
Bash?

I was simply stating facts, and kept quiet about it until there was no resolution.

How about them creating a problem and never fixing it, after numerous attempts (since Dec. of last year), then telling certain owners of certain message boards I was lying about the whole story and actually built the motor.

The solution was so simple and the car finally runs properly after 2 engines last year.... and I thanked the place that got me up and running.

How is that for bashing?
Old 08-05-2005, 11:00 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phate
Why do these ARE/Autoworx threads always end up in the sponsor section...they are not a sponsor here and they should never be allowed to sponsor this site again. There should be another forum for companies that folded or ripped people off.
For lack of a more relevant section, I suppose... Some threads about non-sponsor companies end up in the Member Feedback section, some in Sponsor Feedback (at least this company is a former sponsor, so this isn't too far off)...
Old 08-06-2005, 06:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSteveL
Why should Eugenio have the motor disassembled at one shop and transported somewhere else to be fixed/rebuilt?
I think he is saying he should not have taken the car to FTR at all. ie: leakdown, teardown at another shop altogether.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:07 AM
8 Second Club

Leakdown is not really an issue as multiple people from ARE/Autoworx have already confirmed that the leakdown test already did was inline with the one Eugenio had performed @ FTR...
Old 08-06-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Figures, all bullshit and lies.

Thanks for proving my point....again.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

Maybe I should clarify my question.

In no way do I think that FTR was incorrect in their analysis... I am not a mechanic, and have only heard second hand what has occured. I also have no experience with FTR's work and my relationship with Wade has always been good... he even tried to help me remove my locknut at the track yesterday when I couldn't find the key. The question I posed was in no way intended to slam FTR... some of my friends have gone there with positive results and I am very happy for them.

However, if I was just looking at getting a second opinion of the "health" of my motor, with plans of returning to ARE to get the issues resolved, either by getting them to rebuild it, or to ask for some compensation, then I would have gone to a shop that was totally unrelated to anyone at ARE or FTR. Both because I know it keep things between me and ARE relatively amicable... and because legally, I think it would look better if I needed to seek recourse through legal means.

However, if my intentions, when looking for another shop, were just to cut my losses at ARE after being frustrated with what was going on, and get the work done somewhere else... then it's not such a big deal where I went.

I just assumed (from reading threads for the last while) that the initial reason to go to another shop was that Eugenio wanted to get a second opinion before evaluating what options he had to remedy the situation. So therefore the question was asked... Why Choose FTR over a number of other builders?

Last edited by C Man; 08-07-2005 at 02:10 AM.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by C Man
I just assumed (from reading threads for the last while) that the initial reason to go to another shop was that Eugenio wanted to get a second opinion before evaluating what options he had to remedy the situation. So therefore the question was asked... Why Choose FTR over a number of other builders?
I would think it was for convience more then anything. FTR knows how to mod the cars too, and they're pretty close to ARE. Why drag the car to the states or to some shop that doesn't really know modded LS1's just to keep face with ARE. I think his biggest concern should be the wrong parts in the engine. Who knows when the engine damage actually occured within it.

ARE owes him the correct parts (heads, cam, timing chain, rods) that he paid for.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by augiedog77
I would think it was for convience more then anything. FTR knows how to mod the cars too, and they're pretty close to ARE. Why drag the car to the states or to some shop that doesn't really know modded LS1's just to keep face with ARE. I think his biggest concern should be the wrong parts in the engine. Who knows when the engine damage actually occured within it.

ARE owes him the correct parts (heads, cam, timing chain, rods) that he paid for.
not to forget my direct-port kit that was shipped to the shop.
instead, I get the door shot on my face, w/ "F*** You" written on it.
And as for Nick's statement, it's BS... I left him several messages on his cell# and his "work#", since he works at another place.
It's impossible he didn't get those.... maybe I should post those #s so maybe he recalls those #s are his.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree with Cman, doing the leak down at a shop with no previous ties to ARE would have made the results truly unbiased.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

ARE has agreed with the leakdown numbers posted. It has been posted by ARE staff that ARE's leakdown results were the same.

AFAIK there is no question about the accuracy of the leakdown numbers.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the question still remains on why I was first told that theywere perfect, and lied about my parts, as well as no results on all the commitments given by Nick's mouth, as well as others.
Were they really gonna take care of me ?
that is the question.
And that being the case, what is one suspect to get as a service from them knowing full well they ARE the ones that can handle the truth.
At least now, I know where I stand and what I'm getting.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:36 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Why are these threads continuing like this? The shops in discussion here are not sponsors on LS1TECH.

Quick Reply: do you think ARE/Autoworks will do anything to compensate ?