LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Combination Motorsports WARNING!! - RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006 | 09:35 PM
Teching In

sounds like to me you dont have a leg to stand on. from the link posted it sounds like you hardley know anything about cars ( where does the oil go).maybe you should leave building the cars to the pros and stop taking a gess on what you think you have. and then blame others for your mistakes 6 months later. and then hide behind your keybord and call people names what a dumbazz little bitch.
Old 03-23-2006 | 11:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
How did it take so many months to figure out it was the wrong part? Did you really know if you had 3channel or 4 channel ABS? Sounds like you just ordered the wrong part or gave the wrong information and now want to put the blame on someone else for your stupid mistake.I'm surprised they offered to change your rear at there price after this,I wouldn't.

We've spent a hell of alot more $$ through CMS than you,hell, our last shortblock cost more than $12g and they've always been easy to deal with and work with us.

You should be happy that they were willing to work with you and not tell you to **** off after the attitude
Slowhawk,

The rear end was shipped to Dan McGlaughlin with Dynosport in Lincoln, NE., and I have yet to even see the rear end. My car's build finally got to the point were the rear end needed to be looked at. Dan has had my car almost one year now. It took a long time to get the FAST intake ported by Tony Mamo with AFR. It took quite a bit of time to get the proper custom ground comp cam, throttle body, get the right turbo setup, etc.

I told Dave with Combination Motorsports my car had ABS and DID NOT have
a traction control button. For you to say I ordered the wrong part is to call me a liar and frankly you can kiss my ***, because obviously you're biased and I could care less what you or anyone else thinks. I know the truth and you are "out of the loop". You act as though you were on the phone line with myself and Dave when I ordered my parts. YOU ARE SO BIASED SOMEONE WOULD HAVE TO BE AN IDIOT NOT TO SEE THAT. What makes you think you know what was said when I ordered my parts?

LIKE I HAVE STATED IF YOU ORDER PARTS FROM COMBINATION MOTORSPORTS AND THEY MISTAKENLY SEND YOU THE WRONG PART THEN YOU MY FRIEND ARE ON YOUR OWN. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED AGAIN!
Old 03-24-2006 | 12:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Boose
Let me make one thing very clear. I have no problem fixing my or my employees mistakes. I am even willing to help out people that have ordered the wrong parts.

A customer orders a custom 12 bolt assembly for his car, and he orders the wrong part. 5 months later he calls us and says it is the wrong part. He is told that for $500.00 Moser can fix HIS mistake. This is our cost by the way not retail. The customer says no I want you to send me a new 12 bolt assembly. He is told that is not an option, and that the $500.00 fix is his best course of action. Since he is 60 days past out deadline for stocking parts returns and special order parts are not returnable. Instead he decides that the courts are the best action.

Just for a few examples here are a few other companies return policies:

Thunder Racing

We cannot accept returns on parts that have been used or installed. No returns will be accepted after 30 days. No returns on non-stocked or special order items. Prior authorization must be given before any return can be made. Please call 225-754-7223 for a return authorization number. All returns must be made within 30 days of purchase date, and must be in original packaging. A 20% Restocking Fee will apply. Returns must be accompanied with a copy of the invoice AND a completed return form or they will not be honored.

Wheel 2 Wheel

Returns: Please contact Wheel to Wheel Powertrain (via e-mail or 1-248-589-1190 EXT. 348) to get a return authorization (RGA) before making any returns. We do not offer a return policy on special order items. Some manufactures require the parts be sent directly to them and not returned to the place of purchase for warranty. Parts to be returned must be in brand new condition. All returns must be sent prepaid no collect shipments will be accepted. For your protection you should insure the items you are returning for their full value. Write the RGA number on the outside of the return package. All returns should be sent to the following address: Wheel to Wheel Powertrain 32505 Industrial Dr, MI 48071.

Our return policy

Returns: We cannot accept returns on parts that have been installed, unless you have received prior authorization to do so. Any in stock item can be returned for up to 90 days from the day the order was placed. You must have a return authorization from one of our sales associates to return items. Please include your name, order date, and contact phone number in the box being returned so we know who sent the part back. We do charge a 15% restocking fee on all stocking items. All special order items are not returnable. Shipping charges are not refundable and are the responsibility of the buyer.

As you can see this is not shady. We have one of the most lenient policies, and tried to offer Mr. Peters a solution.

This is all I have to say.

Sam Smith
Sam,

First of all, I did not order the wrong part. The part I ordered from Dave was a Moser 12 bolt with ABS and I told Dave my car DID NOT have a traction control button. You have chosen to believe your employee Dave and let me suffer the consequences for his mistake.

Second of all, why would I pay $500.00 for Moser to convert a traction control rear end to a non-traction control rear end when I ordered a rear end made for a car without a traction control button in the car?

Frankly I could care less what other companies return policies are. I gave you 2-3 weeks to make this right after I first notified you of Dave's mistake. On three occasions after you promised to return my phone calls you did not. I understand why you did not return my phone calls because it's not pleasant to own up to your employees mistake. What is wrong Sam? Would it create too much internal friction between you and Dave to even consider that Dave made a mistake?

You have basically two options here Sam:

1. Pay to have Moser convert the rear end you mistakenly sent me to a non-traction control rear end that still allows me to use ABS and pay for shipping both ways plus whatever fee my builder would charge to disassemble the part of the rear end that needs to be shipped back to Moser.

2. I will continue in my complaint with the Las Vegas Better Business Bureau and Nevada Attorney General's office and take you to small claims court (I haven't been to Vegas in 30 years and would enjoy the vacation) and possibly hire a private attorney in a lawsuit should I not be satisfied.

It's your choice Sam.

LIKE I SAID BEFORE THIS IS BEING WATCHED BY NUMEROUS OTHERS AND I WILL FOLLOW UP WITH ADDITIONAL POSTS. YOU HAVE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE THIS RIGHT BEFORE YOU LOSE ANY MORE RESPECT. I AM NOT GOING AWAY!
Old 03-24-2006 | 12:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by crob
sounds like to me you dont have a leg to stand on. from the link posted it sounds like you hardley know anything about cars ( where does the oil go).maybe you should leave building the cars to the pros and stop taking a gess on what you think you have. and then blame others for your mistakes 6 months later. and then hide behind your keybord and call people names what a dumbazz little bitch.
I KNOW WHETHER OR NOT MY CAR HAS A TRACTION CONTROL BUTTON. By the way, keyboard is not spelled keybord and guess is not spelled gess. I guess you have a bit of trouble with your spelling without spell check and frankly you can kiss my *** too.
Old 03-24-2006 | 12:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by kcfan
I know the truth and you are "out of the loop". You act as though you were on the phone line with myself and Dave when I ordered my parts.
That being the case Sanpps needs to stay out of this thread

YOU ARE SO BIASED SOMEONE WOULD HAVE TO BE AN IDIOT NOT TO SEE THAT. What makes you think you know what was said when I ordered my parts?
Comming from a person who dosent know where the oil goes....do I need to say more. You dont know where the oil goes, yet you want a 800+hp race car.

I may have not originally known whether or not my stock 10 bolt had traction control but I did know if my car had a traction control button or not.
Do I even have to say something about this

Originally Posted by Snapps
LOL so orginal there slowhead.. I mean slowhawk.. what a putz.
How original and mature. Making fun of someones user name, and then name calling. I belive you need to stay out of this thread, like kcfan said.
I know the truth and you are "out of the loop"
Lets look a little past this issue, not pointing fingers at anyone. You said the car was 95% track *****. So what good is abs gona do you anyways. As it sits, if you take this to court and loose, your gona be out of even more cash. Regaurdless if the rear is in the box, you should always check to see what inside of it. In addition, you should have noticed that you were charged for the TCS option. With that being said your starting to look like one of thoes guys with more money than brains. A guy who dosent know anything about the car to begin with, should not be looking to tripple the HP output of it. Come to think of it, you seem like the kind of person who needs ABS on a race car to help them keep control of it to compensate for the lack of knowledge about the beast. Maybe you need to find a car with traction control so you can leave it on at the track so you dont hurt yourself.
Old 03-24-2006 | 12:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Come to think of it, regaurdless your ABS will not function properly. ABS works off of wheel speed sensors. The BCM compares the speed of wheels and when it senese a big difference in the speed that the wheels are turning you have an ABS event. With this being a drag car, you will have slicks and skinnies on the car. Off the top of my head skinnies are 25.5 inches tall, and your rear slicks will be somewhere betwene 26 and 28 inches tall, meaning your wheels will always turn at differnt speeds. As long as you have thoes wheels on the car, the ABS WILL NOT function properly.
Old 03-24-2006 | 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

this is true abs will not work right with the slicks.
Old 03-24-2006 | 07:25 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
this is true abs will not work right with the slicks.

Ain't that the truth....... It always freaks me out that while im at the track, my abs inop light stays on.... then after i leave the track it goes off.

although im used to it, and understand it..... i still hate to see those little idiot lights!

as far as
I may have not originally known whether or not my stock 10 bolt had traction control but I did know if my car had a traction control button or not.
thanks for the laugh......... the judge is going to laugh this one out of court.

Can someone from CMS keep us updated when this guy loses in court.
Old 03-24-2006 | 09:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DONAIMIAN
That being the case Sanpps needs to stay out of this thread

Comming from a person who dosent know where the oil goes....do I need to say more. You dont know where the oil goes, yet you want a 800+hp race car.

Do I even have to say something about this

How original and mature. Making fun of someones user name, and then name calling. I belive you need to stay out of this thread, like kcfan said.

Lets look a little past this issue, not pointing fingers at anyone. You said the car was 95% track *****. So what good is abs gona do you anyways. As it sits, if you take this to court and loose, your gona be out of even more cash. Regaurdless if the rear is in the box, you should always check to see what inside of it. In addition, you should have noticed that you were charged for the TCS option. With that being said your starting to look like one of thoes guys with more money than brains. A guy who dosent know anything about the car to begin with, should not be looking to tripple the HP output of it. Come to think of it, you seem like the kind of person who needs ABS on a race car to help them keep control of it to compensate for the lack of knowledge about the beast. Maybe you need to find a car with traction control so you can leave it on at the track so you dont hurt yourself.
Donaimian,

Your attempt to put me down because you think I lack technical knowledge shows your own insecurities. I said earlier that the car is 95% street, not track, can you not read and comprehend as you read? It seems as though you need spell check, for example: it's lose not loose, doesn't not dosent and triple not tripple.

By the way, I do have a lot of money and an MBA.
Old 03-24-2006 | 10:20 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MADMAN
Minty hows it been going??

I agree with you totally. CMS is trying to fix the problem. The customer wants something different. The best thing for all myself included is to back away and let the 2 parties deal with it.

Goin good how about you?
Buying a 30th Aniv car soon....

Back to topic though!

This situation could be so easily fixed. The shop could do something for the customer to just be happy and look good for themselves...the rear end is NOT used it seems. Would it be such a big deal to order another rear end from moser for him with the right options and then take back the old one which is new and just sell it to someone on the board as a new rear end with a discounted price( it hasn't even been used or assembled)? I mean, you'll keep the customer happy, its not used, and someone else will get a killer deal on the rear end this guy cant use and be happy as well....
Jesus, is that such a hard thing to figure out?
Its a WIN WIN situation if you do it the right way
Old 03-24-2006 | 11:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Donaimian,

Your attempt to put me down because you think I lack technical knowledge shows your own insecurities. I said earlier that the car is 95% street, not track, can you not read and comprehend as you read? It seems as though you need spell check, for example: it's lose not loose, doesn't not dosent and triple not tripple.

By the way, I do have a lot of money and an MBA.
You can point out all my mistakes all you want, I dont care.

Back on topic
Yes I did read your thread right, I know you said 95% street car, but 800+ crank HP isnt streetable. That much power has no place on the street, and your looking for trouble. But that brings us back to the fact that you want something on a car (ABS) that wont even function properly to begin with, and if you think your gona take that much power out on the street on street tires, you deserve everything you have comming to you.
Old 03-24-2006 | 11:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Question

I honestly do not know how anyone could NOT KNOW whether they have Traction Control or not..????? Have you actually been IN this car ?????
Old 03-24-2006 | 11:55 AM
TECH Addict

800 crank HP is streetable...if you drive like a normal person its not an issue. Lets get this thread back on track......
Old 03-24-2006 | 12:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DONAIMIAN
You can point out all my mistakes all you want, I dont care.

Back on topic
Yes I did read your thread right, I know you said 95% street car, but 800+ crank HP isnt streetable. That much power has no place on the street, and your looking for trouble. But that brings us back to the fact that you want something on a car (ABS) that wont even function properly to begin with, and if you think your gona take that much power out on the street on street tires, you deserve everything you have comming to you.
Donaimian,

With the TTI Street kit I will be limited to probably around 600 +- HP to the rears and I am not going to running stock tires. 315 drag radials, etc.

Why do you think the ABS won't function properly with a channel 3 rear end? I am not going to use the rear end that Combination Motorsports sent me by mistake.
Old 03-24-2006 | 12:20 PM
Teching In

What about meeting in the middle with the $500.00 . Maybe each party could contribute $250.00 a piece. I know someone is at fault but the time spent on this forum and the aggrivation is un needed by both partys. Just a suggestion hope it all get worked out.
Old 03-24-2006 | 12:27 PM
TECH Junkie

hmm.. after carefully reading this whole thread, and doing some basic searching on this board... im going to look into Combination Motorsports.... i never really clicked their link or anything, but they seem like a really good company, run by sane people who know what the hell they're talking about... at anytime this could have become a cursing mudslinging fight, but every reply had a good point, and was logical.

Combination Motorsports: dont worry about losing a customer, you might have gained several... not just me, but i know ALOT of car guys who do their own stuff.

kcfan:
for the future, i hope you tell your builder, or whoever recieves the parts, to OPEN THE BOX and check everything before signing off on it.
i do this for every part i get. and i REFUSE the part if its incorrect.
i realize you dont know much about cars, and someone is doing this for you... so i would relay the problems to them, so they start doing that in the future... the time between signing for it, and looking at it was WAAAAY too long.
other then that, do what you want, but i can tell you right now, you're going to lose in court. you dont have much of a case, and the BBB isnt going to help you much.
Old 03-24-2006 | 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by minty
Goin good how about you?
Buying a 30th Aniv car soon....

Back to topic though!

This situation could be so easily fixed. The shop could do something for the customer to just be happy and look good for themselves...the rear end is NOT used it seems. Would it be such a big deal to order another rear end from moser for him with the right options and then take back the old one which is new and just sell it to someone on the board as a new rear end with a discounted price( it hasn't even been used or assembled)? I mean, you'll keep the customer happy, its not used, and someone else will get a killer deal on the rear end this guy cant use and be happy as well....
Jesus, is that such a hard thing to figure out?
Its a WIN WIN situation if you do it the right way
Minty,

I appreciate your thoughtful response. I hope that Sam Smith and Dave read this and take this to heart.
Old 03-24-2006 | 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
hmm.. after carefully reading this whole thread, and doing some basic searching on this board... im going to look into Combination Motorsports.... i never really clicked their link or anything, but they seem like a really good company, run by sane people who know what the hell they're talking about... at anytime this could have become a cursing mudslinging fight, but every reply had a good point, and was logical.

Combination Motorsports: dont worry about losing a customer, you might have gained several... not just me, but i know ALOT of car guys who do their own stuff.

kcfan:
for the future, i hope you tell your builder, or whoever recieves the parts, to OPEN THE BOX and check everything before signing off on it.
i do this for every part i get. and i REFUSE the part if its incorrect.
i realize you dont know much about cars, and someone is doing this for you... so i would relay the problems to them, so they start doing that in the future... the time between signing for it, and looking at it was WAAAAY too long.
other then that, do what you want, but i can tell you right now, you're going to lose in court. you dont have much of a case, and the BBB isnt going to help you much.
You are right about my builder looking at what was sent before accepting shipment. On the other hand, a customer should expect the parts supplier to get his order correct.

Frankly, whether I win in court or not is not what this is all about. This is about doing what I can to hold Combination Motorsports responsible for delivering my builder a fairly expensive part I did not order and their stubborn refusal to own up to THEIR mistake.
Old 03-24-2006 | 12:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
I honestly do not know how anyone could NOT KNOW whether they have Traction Control or not..????? Have you actually been IN this car ?????
I did know that my car did not have a traction control button and therefore did not have traction control. I may have only had the car a fairly short time before I sent the car to my builder but I am very aware of the car's lack of traction control. Rather than make an intelligent comment it's sad you feel a need to try to insult me by asking if I have ever been in my car or not. This message really deserves no response, but what the heck.
Old 03-24-2006 | 01:23 PM
12 Second Club

I have no clue why I am reading this post, but I have a couple of comments. It is very understandable that this could have taken awhile to find the problem. There is a clear difference between knowing if there is a button on your dash in plain view or knowing what the rear end has on it. My car doesn't have traction control, so I never had to deal with knowing anything about it and unless I look at some posts, I would have no clue if I need a 3 or 4 channel rear. It doesn't make me clueless about my Z28, is simular to drive by wire, if my car doesn't have it, why should I know about it unless I work on the cars. When I did a gear change on my stock 10 bolt, there were series 2 and 3 and even when I went to the GM dealer to order gears, they didn't have a clue.
Now this isn't saying either party is right, it could go either way.
I see KCfan's point, he should know if he has a traction control switch on the dash, being he didn't know what type setup was on his stock rear, doesn't make him a idiot. Unless you have put in a Moser, why would you need to know this? I have no clue who KCfan is and is a unbiased observation.

I also see Combination Motorsports side, 5 months is a long time even if it was the fault of the person that took the order. Just as I have seen people make KCfan sound like he knows nothing about cars, it could have easily been the person taking the order that checked the wrong box, but as stated earlier, 5 months is a long time. It doesn't mean it was the customers fault though. But, 5 months is hard to remember what happened.

The main thing is it should be written on the reciept and that falls back to whoever looked at the invoice when the Moser came in. If it is the mechanic doing the job, he should have inspected it and not let it sit there for 5 months. If it isn't written on the invoice then I would say it would be nice on CM's side to get the correct Moser to the customer, since it could be easily sold again, with the customer paying the shipping. But then we are getting back to the $500 fix area again. So, it comes down to if CM wants to do it or not and 5 months is a long time. If it were my shop, then I would do the customer right, but it isn't.

Last edited by rotwiler; 03-24-2006 at 02:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Combination Motorsports WARNING!! - RESOLVED