LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Combination Motorsports WARNING!! - RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boose
This is what happens when you hang-up the phone on someone mid sentence. The 12 bolt needs to be shipped to Moser not us. Moser will fix your issue, and they have a two day turn around time.

Here is how the pricing breaks down:

$100.00 ABS Reluctor Ring
$130.00 Labor at Moser
$150.00 Estimated shipping to Moser
$150.00 Estimated shipping from Moser

$75.00 credit to swap 33 spline axles with ABS reluctors for 33 spline axles without reluctors

Total $465.00

I really have no desire to deal with a person who feels the need to say "Sam Smith, doesn't have enough ***** to correct his employees mistake," and to call my sales manager "a lying SOB."

I have said my peace but I do agree with you PSJ. I will agree to splitting the $465.00 to get Mr. Peters on the road.

Sam Smith

I like your response...but I was wondering why you cant order the guy a new rearend and ship it to him and hell ship you that one back and you can sell it to a customer that wants the rearend without ABS and traction control????
I would think that would work even better, he would be out less money and so would you...all it would cost both of you is shipping a rearend one way.....instead of splitting the labor and extra parts....
Old 03-27-2006, 04:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sam,your a better man than me
Old 03-27-2006, 04:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Boose
This is what happens when you hang-up the phone on someone mid sentence. The 12 bolt needs to be shipped to Moser not us. Moser will fix your issue, and they have a two day turn around time.

Here is how the pricing breaks down:

$100.00 ABS Reluctor Ring
$130.00 Labor at Moser
$150.00 Estimated shipping to Moser
$150.00 Estimated shipping from Moser

$75.00 credit to swap 33 spline axles with ABS reluctors for 33 spline axles without reluctors

Total $465.00

I really have no desire to deal with a person who feels the need to say "Sam Smith, doesn't have enough ***** to correct his employees mistake," and to call my sales manager "a lying SOB."

I have said my peace but I do agree with you PSJ. I will agree to splitting the $465.00 to get Mr. Peters on the road.

Sam Smith
Sam,

I will agree to your offer so I can get on with my build. I will have my builder, Dan McGlaughlin with Dynosport speak with you. How do you intend on compensating for 1/2 of the shipping and parts and labor at Moser? At some point I will need to order a custom driveshaft after the 408 Outlaw Iron block you sold me and 4L80E is put in. If you sell custom driveshafts maybe we can work something out. Let me know.

Greg Peters
Old 03-27-2006, 04:54 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,113 Likes on 730 Posts

I very much hope you guys can figure this out, and get past the last week of stuff.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

I just talked to Dan and the existing rear was sold.
I am ordering a new one tomorrow.

I am making an order sheet that I am faxing to Dan that Greg(kcfan) is going to sign(with Dan's Help), verifying the composition of this order.
Once signed, Moser is processing the order.
Kip at Moser will get a copy of this as well just in case he gets another phone call saying he is getting dragged into court as well.

For Dan, I am doing the new one at my cost which will be less than what the split would've been on the previous deal.
Which I'm still trying to figure out why you said that would work when it was already sold.

Either way it's been resolved.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CMSDave
I just talked to Dan and the existing rear was sold.
I am ordering a new one tomorrow.

I am making an order sheet that I am faxing to Dan that Greg(kcfan) is going to sign(with Dan's Help), verifying the composition of this order.
Once signed, Moser is processing the order.
Kip at Moser will get a copy of this as well just in case he gets another phone call saying he is getting dragged into court as well.

For Dan, I am doing the new one at my cost which will be less than what the split would've been on the previous deal.
Which I'm still trying to figure out why you said that would work when it was already sold.

Either way it's been resolved.

NOW DATS WHAT I'AM TALK'N BOUT!
Old 03-27-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can vouch 110% for the integrity of Dave and Sam, I have met Dave personally and talked to him A LOT during my LS2 402 build that is now done and shipping in the next day or two. He has gone WAY out of his way to help me out, get me things I needed to get the build done, gave me updates on the progress, etc, they have been NOTHING short of PERFECT throughout my build, and I chose them for that reason. You can tell someone is genuine when you meet them face to face, and Dave is the man and so is Sam, they know they **** and know how to build kick *** motors!

This is how you take care of a customer, who's ever fault it is, and stand behind your company, good job Sam and Dave!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad things are being worked out. A few points here:

1. Why is people come in bash the poster all the time...I always see this.

2. Shop owners/workers always support other shop owners/workers...even if they are wrong.

3. My HPE shortblock has been sitting on an engine stand for 6 months now still in the bag. parts can sit around till you are ready to use them, thats how something like this can get strung out to 5 months.

I have decided not to do business with CMS because 1.5 years ago when I was spec'ing my 383 LT1 shortblock, the tech guy there was trying to convince me that the eagle rotating assembly wouldnt handle 700rwhp He kept trying to sell me Callies stuff and kept referring to the Eagle stuff as "junk". This was my experience. I dont want to be sold the more expensive stuff if the lower dollar parts will handle the power.

Jon
Old 03-28-2006, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RealQuick
I have decided not to do business with CMS because 1.5 years ago when I was spec'ing my 383 LT1 shortblock, the tech guy there was trying to convince me that the eagle rotating assembly wouldnt handle 700rwhp He kept trying to sell me Callies stuff and kept referring to the Eagle stuff as "junk". This was my experience. I dont want to be sold the more expensive stuff if the lower dollar parts will handle the power.

Jon
I'm not sure who you talked to but I can see a response similar depending on how the question would be worded.
I know that Eagle stuff survives in harsh conditions, my friend runs Eagle rods and crank in his 1200rwhp Wild Street Turbo Mustang.
But typically what you'll get as a question is, "I want to make 700rwhp in my daily driver, what's the most reliable way I can do that?"

Can you see the generality in that?
Almost every person that calls on motor parts is looking for some kind of guarantee that it won't let go, regardless of the situation.
Which is fine, but don't complain when the price escalates.
Reliability and strength are in direct parallel with price, other wise Dyers and Olivers would be in every motor.

I don't know if you've ever had the chance to see Eagle, Callies or HTC's cut or balanced, but Eagle is a long way off balancing vs. the other two.
This causes more time and money to be spent to get it right.
Not to mention some of the air pockets that have been found while drilling for offset weight.
But I also know that no company is perfect and for that you can't beat their pricing.
For every one of you asking the question what's the cheapest way to get to my goal, there is someone requesting that nothing is left on the table.

In any case, if it doesn't pertain to the existing problem I'd prefer this thread be left alone, and "resolved" put at the title of the thread like all others.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CMSDave
I'm not sure who you talked to but I can see a response similar depending on how the question would be worded.
I know that Eagle stuff survives in harsh conditions, my friend runs Eagle rods and crank in his 1200rwhp Wild Street Turbo Mustang.
But typically what you'll get as a question is, "I want to make 700rwhp in my daily driver, what's the most reliable way I can do that?"

Can you see the generality in that?
Almost every person that calls on motor parts is looking for some kind of guarantee that it won't let go, regardless of the situation.
Which is fine, but don't complain when the price escalates.
Reliability and strength are in direct parallel with price, other wise Dyers and Olivers would be in every motor.

I don't know if you've ever had the chance to see Eagle, Callies or HTC's cut or balanced, but Eagle is a long way off balancing vs. the other two.
This causes more time and money to be spent to get it right.
Not to mention some of the air pockets that have been found while drilling for offset weight.
But I also know that no company is perfect and for that you can't beat their pricing.
For every one of you asking the question what's the cheapest way to get to my goal, there is someone requesting that nothing is left on the table.

In any case, if it doesn't pertain to the existing problem I'd prefer this thread be left alone, and "resolved" put at the title of the thread like all others.
In order to prevent this from blowing up even more, I will keep the employees name to myself. I actually called and asked for pricing on a shortblock with the components I requested (Eagle stuff). I was then asked my goals by the employee (which is fine). Unforutnately I just wanted a price quote and he kept pushing the callies stuff. Thats all it was. If I ask for a quote, give me a price and your opinion is always welcome, but leave it at that. If I wanted the high pressure sales routine I would have went to a car dealership.

This was my experience and I know that plenty of others have had great experiences with CMS. I just wanted to share.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Done here, since folks can't leave it alone.

Resolved as noted.

Quick Reply: Combination Motorsports WARNING!! - RESOLVED