LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Maybe this will make it a Little More Clear AZPS!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 11:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down Maybe this will make it a Little More Clear AZPS!

OK. there is so much BS and run arounds that I have gotten from you guys and I like how you guys don't like to take responsibility for the things you either lost or broke. I could go on and on about it and a lot of people know what happen to my car. It's been only 4 months now

New Drive Shaft... Yeah the one that fell off the car when I left the shop is still messed up and won't fix it's self

Lost NOS Jets. 100 Shot

So what are we going to do about this?
Old 08-22-2006, 12:17 AM
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Power & Sound
Jeff, we have had your driveshaft here for over 2 weeks now and have left messages with you about it. If youre going to post bad information, why not tell them that your car was here for 9 months because you bought a used engine that blew, and the company rebuilding it took forever to get it done... while youre at it add how we didnt charge you labor to redo it, even though it wasnt our fault and I could have charged you labor, and I didnt charge you a storage fee for the time.

Ok Mike If we want to go into this we can. You lied to me about who was paying for the engine. You gave me a car back that you knew wasn't working right and was knocking from the engine. The people that rebuilt the engine didn't find anything wrong with the parts of the engine and said that something fell into the engine when it was being built "By your shop". I can go on and on about how you told me that you were taking care of all of the work and I wasn't paying for anything because you said that you and verbs were going to take care of it. I have witnesses of what you said and you said it over and over. I have it on e mail and AIM messaging and verbal.

Then when it fell through, you told me to sue Verbs when he had not a clue to what you were saying and what you had plan. It's written all up and so on and so on. The Moderators of this forum got a copy of what complaint I have against you. You gave me nothing but run arounds. Just like you give almost everyone I know. Geeze even the Prez and other members of AZFBA know what you did to my car and all the crap that went on

I walk in the shop when you first started my engine, and it was knocking like it was going to blow. You said it wasn't finished. Then you called me a few days later and said it was done. You dynoed it even with knock sensors not connected and Missing a sparkplug and wire not connected. You dynoed it and gave it to me knowing that there was a problem. I looked over the car and found that you didn't put my steering bolt back in. I could have crashed my Freaking car because of that. Wires not grounded and bolt missing. So on and so on.

There was nothign wrong with the original used engine that I bought from verbs. Basko said so. So who did it? They found nothing wrong with any of the peices from the engine. The damage was from something falling into the engine when you or your shop put it together the first time. It was a Shortblock for crying out loud. If we need to take this further, we can and we might do it. I was more than patience with you and AZPS. I guess leaving the Shop with more things wrong with it and a Drive shaft falling off of the car will look good in my favor.

Attention to detail! So where do you want to go with this? Court? I'm not going to sue Verbs like you told me to.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:18 AM
11 Second Club

Who called me and why didn't they leave a voice mail?
Old 08-22-2006, 02:34 AM
TECH Resident

The car made 42x rwhp with stage 1.5 TEA heads and a G5X3 cam with a minimum of 6 dyno passes... These numbers are great for an auto car in our conditions. The tuner saw absolutely nothing wrong with the car, nor any missing cylinders when the car left the shop, and you drove it fine for at least a week... if it left the shop with something in the cylinder I doubt it would have made that power and lasted a week. In addition it was a used shortblock that not only had a 250 shot sprayed on it at the dyno with the previous owner, but was made by APE which had another engine from the same time down that we pulled out. We did lose one of your plug wires and I paid for an ENTIRE new set to compensate you so that shouldnt be an issue.
With the driveshaft, the Ujoint that sat for 9 months on the shelf lost one of the bearing caps so I replaced the entire Ujoint, unfortunately your rear end did not have the end cap notches to hold the bearings in and the second you said there was an issue with the driveshaft I replaced it... at this time it is still on the shelf waiting for you to pick it up. We have taken care of both issues you complained about yet you still post on here. In the end, you purchased a used engine knowing the history of it and who made it, and a used set of heads off the forum...

Here is some history on the APE engines for those who dont know
https://ls1tech.com/forums/ap-engineering-complaints-100/

Last edited by AZ Power & Sound; 08-22-2006 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
Who called me and why didn't they leave a voice mail?
Jason called you at whatever number we have on file for you. Did you try to contact us before posting? It shows you posted today, yet none of us have spoken to you in over 2 weeks, I have no emails from you, and no voicemails or messages to call you. You also have the AIM names of all of us.

Last edited by AZ Power & Sound; 08-22-2006 at 03:16 AM.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:30 AM
11 Second Club

The car made 42x rwhp with stage 1.5 TEA heads and a G5X3 cam with a minimum of 6 dyno passes. The tuner saw absolutely nothing wrong with the car, nor any missing cylinders when the car left the shop, and you drove it fine for at least a week... if it left the shop with something in the cylinder I doubt it would have made that power and lasted a week. In addition it was a used shortblock that not only had a 250 shot sprayed on it at the dyno with the previous owner, but was made by APE which had another engine from the same time down that we pulled out. We did lose one of your plug wires and I paid for an ENTIRE new set to compensate you so that shouldnt be an issue.
With the driveshaft, the Ujoint that sat for 9 months on the shelf lost one of the bearing caps so I replaced the entire Ujoint, unfortunately your rear end did not have the end cap notches to hold the bearings in and the second you said there was an issue with the driveshaft I replaced it... at this time it is still on the shelf waiting for you to pick it up. We have taken care of both issues you complained about yet you still post on here. In the end, you purchased a used engine knowing the history of it and who made it, and a used set of heads off the forum...

Here is some history on the APE engines for those who dont know
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100
You just don't get it do you.

Lets start with the Drive shaft. I don't need those notches that you speak of because it was supposed to have clips that help the caps on. You fail to pay attention to detail on that one.

Now the engine. I guess you failed to understand what you did by ignoring it. The engine was a Shortblock. There was no material in the Cylinder Chamber when you installed it right. Well BASKO, the ones that looked over and rebuilt the engine found no defects with the engine itself. NOTTA DAMN THING! Something had fallen into the engine when you guys BUILT UP THE ENGINE. Again, attention to Detail. And you knew that the engine was knocking when you first started it so any good mechanic would have tried to figure out what was going on and not give it to their customer.

So you Dynoed the car with things unpluged and you guys couldn't tell. That is scary consider that there was a check engine light on. It's a shame when I had to fix some of the problems myself. Ground the Wires. Put the Steering bolt in. Tighten up the nuts that hold the sway bar on. Then I call you and tell you about it and you say bring it down. YEah.

I call you guys and you give me the same excuse about the driveshaft; "We're searching for one". Keep dancing it won't work Mike. Everyone knows.

So does Verbs know that you're going to charge him the Labor for my car? I wanted my car away from you because you screwed me over.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:33 AM
11 Second Club

Jason called you at whatever number we have on file for you. Did you try to contact us before posting? It shows you posted today, yet none of us have spoken to you in over 2 weeks, I have no emails from you, and no voicemails or messages to call you. You also have the AIM names of all of us.
Over 2 weeks? I called last Thursday and not and answer. It's been how long that you had to look for a Drive Shaft? No one called me to tell me that you had a drive shaft. I was a nice guy for to long. Not anymore. Stop the run arounds and do whats right.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Did they ever find what "fell" in the engine that caused the damage?
Old 08-22-2006, 12:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by maddboost
Did they ever find what "fell" in the engine that caused the damage?
Looked like a screw
Old 08-22-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

Looked like a screw
Do you honestly think the engine would have lasted through the dyno session and a week of driving with a screw in the engine?
Old 08-22-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Veteran

If there was really a screw left in the engine it would have only lasted minutes before having a failure.

Do you have a descreened MAF? Maybe something was on top of the filter and got past it.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by maddboost
If there was really a screw left in the engine it would have only lasted minutes before having a failure.

Do you have a descreened MAF? Maybe something was on top of the filter and got past it.
That might be. It goes back to Attention to detail. It sucks no matter how it happen.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:33 PM
11 Second Club

Do you honestly think the engine would have lasted through the dyno session and a week of driving with a screw in the engine?
Well you tell me where it came from or what it could be. remember there was no peices from the Block or any of it's parts broken. Something fell into it. All BASKO did was clean up the engine up and do a rebuild. They had to fix the damage on the Piston and head from the debris.

You said you had Joel do the work, but it's still the responsablity of the Shop owner to make sure things are done right. You are a good guy Mike but there were a lot of mistakes with my car and it cost me thousands of dollars that didn't have to be spent and I don't have.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:01 PM
TECH Resident

Well you tell me where it came from or what it could be. remember there was no peices from the Block or any of it's parts broken. Something fell into it. All BASKO did was clean up the engine up and do a rebuild. They had to fix the damage on the Piston and head from the debris.

You said you had Joel do the work, but it's still the responsablity of the Shop owner to make sure things are done right. You are a good guy Mike but there were a lot of mistakes with my car and it cost me thousands of dollars that didn't have to be spent and I don't have.
The piston and cylinder skirt had damage previous to you owning the engine. Proof of this is PJs heads, which he purchased off the engine. From the looks of it a spark plug electrode or similar let loose inside the engine which slightly damaged the heads and left imprints on the piston. This is why the engine went to Basko to be inspected and have the cam bearings changed before the engine was installed in your car. Now before you jump on me, this was a Private sale. You purchased the engine used from another member "as-is" which means you accepted the engine as is, with any defects it may have had. Yes it did work in Matts car, and the last time he ran it was with the 250 shot on it which is a LOT of nitrous. I did what I could to make sure the engine was fine and when Basko said it was fine, we installed it and put the heads on. Had there been a screw, or anything for that matter inside the engine it wouldnt have made the power it did, nor survive the dyno runs.

As far as my end, I not only stored the car while the engine was being rebuilt for free which I could have charged a daily rate for, I also covered all costs on reinstall other then A/C and oil. I also paid you for a new set of 8 plug wires since one was missing. I busted my *** to make sure you were satisfied and went out of my way MANY times to make sure it was all done.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If there was a bolt/screw in the motor you would not have driven around for a week let alone made it off the dyno without damage
Old 08-23-2006, 09:31 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by thechef
If there was a bolt/screw in the motor you would not have driven around for a week let alone made it off the dyno without damage
When he first started the engine it knocked like it was going to blow up. I left the shop because he said it wasn't finished. HE then told me that the noise went away before they put it on the dyno.

It was a short block that I had and it had no damage when I inspected it. Aslo, the people that rebuilt the engine found nothing broken from the block, pistons, oil pump, heads, rods, rings, bearings, or anything that would have been from the block. All the did was clean up the cylinder, piston, and valve where the debris was found. AZPS put the engine together the first time. Mistakes happen. I also didn't see them Dyno my car and that bothers me because they did not catch that No KNock Sensors were connected, and actually 2 plugs were not connected. I found one when I was at his shop. I did not hot rod the car around when I drove it home because it felt weird driving it. The next day I inspected it and there were so many things wrong.

I could have killed Myself, someone else, and crashed my car finding that there was no Steering Bolt holding the steering shaft together. WTF! After further inspection and finding that the rear spark plug wasn't even tightend and the plug wire wasn't even connected to the plug. WTF. I called him on it and he said to bring it back to the shop and would pay me for what ever I had to fix. Well I couldn't get the car back to him because the motor was knocking.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:40 AM
11 Second Club

The piston and cylinder skirt had damage previous to you owning the engine. Proof of this is PJs heads, which he purchased off the engine. From the looks of it a spark plug electrode or similar let loose inside the engine which slightly damaged the heads and left imprints on the piston. This is why the engine went to Basko to be inspected and have the cam bearings changed before the engine was installed in your car. Now before you jump on me, this was a Private sale. You purchased the engine used from another member "as-is" which means you accepted the engine as is, with any defects it may have had. Yes it did work in Matts car, and the last time he ran it was with the 250 shot on it which is a LOT of nitrous. I did what I could to make sure the engine was fine and when Basko said it was fine, we installed it and put the heads on. Had there been a screw, or anything for that matter inside the engine it wouldnt have made the power it did, nor survive the dyno runs.

As far as my end, I not only stored the car while the engine was being rebuilt for free which I could have charged a daily rate for, I also covered all costs on reinstall other then A/C and oil. I also paid you for a new set of 8 plug wires since one was missing. I busted my *** to make sure you were satisfied and went out of my way MANY times to make sure it was all done.
There was nothing wrong with the engine nor anything from the engine that caused the damage. Just metal in the cylinder from outside the engine. Then you lied to me and told me what I wanted to hear. People know this and it wasn't fair to me. I have never said that you were a bad guy but the business dealings was terrible. I wanted my car away from there and never to return. Plus when you told me to go after someone for the motor that had no clue of what was really going on.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:21 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,175 Likes on 764 Posts

Yeah you can't drive around with a bolt in the engine for a week. I remember once a friend dropped a wing nut into his BBC. Made noise as soon as he started it.

I'm not sure about debris say in an intake manifold, maybe someone would know.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Yeah you can't drive around with a bolt in the engine for a week. I remember once a friend dropped a wing nut into his BBC. Made noise as soon as he started it.

I'm not sure about debris say in an intake manifold, maybe someone would know.
yeah it made a noise the first time it was started. I'll call basko agian to make sure what they thought it was.. BRB
Old 08-23-2006, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry about that. I just got off the Phone with Ray from Basko Engine Service and he did say that it wasn't a screw but an aluminum piece that was foreign and not from the Motor or heads. They went over and inspected the entire block and came to the conclusion that the piece was not from the engine.

Now back to the issue. Where did it come from? I doubt anyone would put anything into the engine on purpose but crap happens and it is the persons building the engines responsibility to deal with it. I think I should get my $1,987 back. I know the Engine was from APE but that wasn't the cause.

Quick Reply: Maybe this will make it a Little More Clear AZPS!