LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

T56Rebuilds / SixSpeedsInc: RESOVLED

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008 | 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs down T56Rebuilds / SixSpeedsInc: RESOVLED

I placed an order on June 10th. Simple order. Steel 3-4 shift fork. That's it.

I used the "buy now" option, so I didn't see it was "out of stock" or not.

My credit card was billed on June 12th.

It is now July 2nd, and I still have no 3-4 shift fork. I pulled one out of my spare transmission and used it, at least the transmission I needed to rebuild is installed and working and the car is no longer sitting on my lift.

The part was listed In Stock on their web site around June 23-ish or so when I checked. But do I have one? No.

Shame such a simple order has dragged out for so long. I don't think it was right that I was billed (and my credit card statement is coming due soon, cycle has closed, though $50 ain't gonna break me) for this when it's been "out of stock" (or has it?) for so long.

Sorry guys, I won't be ordering any more parts from you.
Old 07-03-2008 | 07:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

My first PM to them was on the 18th about the fork. I was told they'd be in on the 19th. No big deal, I'm patient. So I waited. I decided not to order from another vendor at that point because I figured it'd just be a few days... The part showed In Stock in their web site a couple days later (I CHECKED).

So the 25th rolled around, and I still had no fork. I PM'd again. They replied that they'd be there on/around Monday of "next week". Which is this week. I know shipping, it only takes 2 days to ship Priority Mail from Houston to Waco (I ship a lot of stuff. a LOT of stuff). No fork yesterday.

No fork today.

I am glad I am not a shop waiting with a car on the lift waiting for this part, with them feeding "delay" lines. One of the most commonly replaced parts in the transmission, and they don't have it for over 3 weeks now? Come on. They have wasted my time.

At this point, if it has not shipped, just give me my money back (which should not have been charged in the first place until the order shipped. Wonder if your credit card company knows you are doing that?). I'll order from a vendor that I know will deliver the part. Gear Box will have it to me next week if I order it next week.
Old 07-03-2008 | 10:25 PM
FormerVendor

http://0174de9.netsolstores.com/inde...PROD&ProdID=25
Interesting because it says right now that the forks are not in stock. I too checked, I cannot help you were billed for it, we have since changed how the web site bills credit cards as the way it has been set up it immediatly charged the card once you input the number. I will be more than happy to refund your credit card on 7-07.

Thanks
Joe

Last edited by ls1 joe; 07-03-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-04-2008 | 07:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thank you, just refund my money and I'll shop elsewhere.

And they're still not in stock. Interesting. After I was told they were supposed to be there on June 19th, and then June 30th....

Last edited by Camaroholic; 07-04-2008 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-04-2008 | 09:59 AM
FormerVendor

Yeah so were we. I know getting these parts is a pain in the ***. That is why we are chaning the ordering process. Again we apologize and I will refund that monday morning for you.

Amber
Old 07-06-2008 | 12:21 AM
TECH Veteran

This is the hardest part for any Vendor - they are told when to expect a shipment of parts then do not get it by that date or even a week later (sometimes it's months).

If anyone wants to place an order for a specific part, try to call the Sponsor first and make sure they have it on the shelf if it is needed asap. Sponsors can also post "in stock now" to avoid waiting on a shipment by actual supplier.
Old 07-07-2008 | 10:54 AM
FormerVendor

Order was refunded this morning and he was emailed the confirmation.

Thanks,
Amber
Old 07-07-2008 | 04:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yes, I got the confirmation, thanks guys.

I wouldn't have been so upset if I had been told the truth about ship dates. I don't see how "they should be here on the 19th of June" has slipped to "still out of stock on July 7th" for such a common standard part. Oh well, it's behind us now. Carry on.