LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

OFI Turbo Kit Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I talked to him today on the phone. Very nice as always on the phone, which is appreciated. Hopefully I will be getting some parts in and have everything within the month.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck. I (we) have heard all of that before... and quintessentially, that is the problem.

I'm still waiting on mundane parts and a revision of the condenser setup. If only he would be more honest and say, listen, you'll get a kit, but its gonna take 6 months as I'm up to my ears in work. That would be fine with me.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:19 PM
10 Second Club

The beginning of the end. The first people to get in and reverse the charges with their CC company will get there money back. Once he can't accept payments anymore he will go out of business and file bankruptcy; everyone else will get screwed.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

better take him to court before he files bankruptcy
Old 09-03-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

guys take it easy ,,, i know that joel is so busy bullding our kit's i have one kit from hem befor 4 month ago and it took 8 month to receved it .and i got big 5 inch DP and i got it hear to kuwait ,, am in the ather half of the world am the one should be fraied from not having my kit but am sure that am going to receved it ,, and right now i have anther kit is order in 9 month right now and am sure that am going to receved it from hem just give hem some time.
and i called hem today and he told me that he got every thing but he is waiting on the intercooler and the radiator and he is not the one who billeds them , he should have some one les to do that from hem .

and take hem to court is not the right way its going to take time tell you guys have your money , its better to wait and its better for hem to have realistic delivery schedule so it will keep evry one happy.

Last edited by firehawk123; 09-03-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Banned

Jassim,

Do you mean I have to wait another 4 months! That's too much of a wait considering paying in full and being told 5-7 weeks to get my turbo kit.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:19 PM
TECH Addict

I also don't think taking it to court should be used as the end all solution here.... He has a business to run and with all things considered, its still fairly new and some us know the pressure involved.

However, I feel another employee might be a good idea, in order to keep his clients up-to-date and possibly be a bit more honest on delivery dates.

Joel isn't, i don't think, like Chris from the old APE, I just Joel doesnt take it there.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bluecamaroz28
Jassim,

Do you mean I have to wait another 4 months! That's too much of a wait considering paying in full and being told 5-7 weeks to get my turbo kit.

am not saying that you have to wait thats long off time ... but from my side i payed full money to hem ,, if i was befor you ordring the kit i would let joel to give you my kit am not in a hurry on mine if mine is done .

but am sure that we all going to have ower kits but we have to give hem some time and he have to come in hear and say how long for each off us will take till we receved our kits and let hem have delivery dates .and we can hold hem in that if we didnt get the kits then there is alots off thing that we can do .

but am sure that he didnt mention somthing to you that its going to take 5-7 weeks tell your turn comes in and am sure that there is alots off customers is ordring kit and waiting for there kits . let give hem a chance .

am going to give hem a call and see what he is going to say .

Last edited by firehawk123; 09-03-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by firehawk123
am not saying that you have to wait thats long off time ... but from my side i payed full money to hem ,, if i was befor you ordring the kit i would let joel to give you my kit am not in a hurry on mine if mine is done .

but am sure that we all going to have ower kits but we have to give hem some time and he have to come in hear and say how long for each off us will take till we receved our kits and let hem have delivery dates .and we can hold hem in that if we didnt get the kits then there is alots off thing that we can do .

but am sure that he didnt mention somthing to you that its going to take 5-7 weeks tell your turn comes in and am sure that there is alots off customers is ordring kit and waiting for there kits . let give hem a chance .

am going to give hem a call and see what he is going to say .
I am sure he told me 5-7 weeks. I still have the PM where he mentioned that.

Originally Posted by tt427ls1
There is about a 5-7 weeks depending on suppiers also. The turbo is good for 1100hp. So I think you will be ok with the power You can use the stock k-member also. I can get you the fuel stuff also.

Thanks Joel
Like you said, I am sure everyone would like to get a deadline from OFI to finish their turbo kits. Leaving the customer in the dark is what worries me.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:21 PM
10 Second Club

Why did you guys all pay in full given the history of these types of companies?

It's not that all these people are dishonest, they are just not good business men. Once CC charges start getting reversed b/c he can't live up to his delivery dates the CC companies cut him off and he can't take new orders. Then the shop goes under. Paying for anything in full in advance isn't all that bright.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
Why did you guys all pay in full given the history of these types of companies?

It's not that all these people are dishonest, they are just not good business men. Once CC charges start getting reversed b/c he can't live up to his delivery dates the CC companies cut him off and he can't take new orders. Then the shop goes under. Paying for anything in full in advance isn't all that bright.
Why is he still a sponser?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Just like that other turbo company that robbed people, its happening all over gain
Old 09-03-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Junkie

As consumers what choice do we have? There isn't another T6 'kit' out there. I guess shame on us for trusting a man's word???
Old 09-03-2008, 09:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ok I have read this all and I am very upset that this has happened. I would like to apoligize to the 4 people that have been waiting for there kits. The other people that have not ordered a kit or that have nothing nice to say please keep all your comments to yourself. There is no need to add your comments if you have nothing to loose.

Im getting things worked out and they will be getting there stuff. I have spoken to everyone lately about there orders and are getting this taken care of.

Also to everyone that thinks that Im just going to close up and run you have it all wrong. Just b/c others have done that in the past doesnt mean that I am. I have been available and try to answer everybodys phone calls, pm's and emails. Im not going to close and run. Everybody will get there kits or parts owed.

You all think that you have a shop you have tons of money and will just take your money and run. If you honeslty must know I have put all my earnings back into the shop and to pay for living expenses. I have nothing like toys, house or cars either. So you cant say that I took there money and are living life great. I drive a 99 cavalier with 163,000 miles on it that my brother when he got another car.

The reason that I take google checkout is b/c I had a customer from Michigan order a kit and he recived then files a complaint with them and he also got his money b/c I hand delivered the kit so there was no tracking number to prove that he got it. So now my paypal account is all messed up and trying to get it worked out with threw the courts.

If any other person wants to say something bad about me or my shop please call 440-582-3030 and I will talk to you in person about your complaint.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:16 PM
10 Second Club

I hope you are as honest as you come across and deliver everyone what they ordered and get your business in order.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:08 AM
10 Second Club

I can say as someone who has not ordered one of your kits that threads like this does not make it inviting to order one. It seems like these threads are constantly popping about on a weekly basis. Why not try some of that honesty when promising delivery dates! Be realistic with what you promise to people and maybe you wouldn't see people questioning your character. I do have one question that I would like you to answer though, what is the need for requesting a 100% down payment up front? Why not just ask for 50% to start and then maybe send out the hot/cold parts and then request the other 50% upon shipping out the rest of the kit?

I would really like to purchase one of your kits but there is no way I'm willing to send you $8k up front in hopes that I may receive my kit in the time you promised. Especially after seeing that no one has ever received them on their promised date. I am the type of person that if I am paying for something now, I want it now. I don't want it 8-12+ months from now. I've got no problem waiting 8-10 weeks but not 8-10 months.

Have you ever considered purchasing your items in bulk and not on a case by case basis? It would probably even save you a few $$'s. If you're having supplier issues, maybe you should find a different supplier. I mentioned it earlier in the thread that maybe you should build your hot/cold parts in bulk and have them sitting there for kits that are ready to go out the door.

I'm not trying to bash you man, just trying to make a few suggestions.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:47 AM
Banned

Ok I have read this all and I am very upset that this has happened. I would like to apoligize to the 4 people that have been waiting for there kits. The other people that have not ordered a kit or that have nothing nice to say please keep all your comments to yourself. There is no need to add your comments if you have nothing to loose.

Im getting things worked out and they will be getting there stuff. I have spoken to everyone lately about there orders and are getting this taken care of.

Also to everyone that thinks that Im just going to close up and run you have it all wrong. Just b/c others have done that in the past doesnt mean that I am. I have been available and try to answer everybodys phone calls, pm's and emails. Im not going to close and run. Everybody will get there kits or parts owed.

You all think that you have a shop you have tons of money and will just take your money and run. If you honeslty must know I have put all my earnings back into the shop and to pay for living expenses. I have nothing like toys, house or cars either. So you cant say that I took there money and are living life great. I drive a 99 cavalier with 163,000 miles on it that my brother when he got another car.

The reason that I take google checkout is b/c I had a customer from Michigan order a kit and he recived then files a complaint with them and he also got his money b/c I hand delivered the kit so there was no tracking number to prove that he got it. So now my paypal account is all messed up and trying to get it worked out with threw the courts.

If any other person wants to say something bad about me or my shop please call 440-582-3030 and I will talk to you in person about your complaint.
So, can you tell me a deadline for my turbo kit? You haven't replyed to my PM sent to you two weeks ago. I am totaly unaware of when I am going to have my turbo kit? Is it another 4 or 5 months cause I see some people 8-10 months waiting.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:25 AM
Staging Lane

If he doesn`t have the parts then send a refund..but why do the refunds take several months?
Old 09-04-2008, 06:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nice to see you replaying joel ,, and hope you got every thing fix . and have a some dait for ower turbo kits .
Old 09-04-2008, 07:13 AM
On The Tree

WHEN are we getting our parts and refunds? All of us that have paid you in FULL keep hearing the same story from you every time with no results what so ever. You only post on here as though to try and cover your *** is the perspective that a lot of people on here see. Bottom line, you make promises that you can't keep as well as false advertisement about your kits. I asked you several times how cetain things are plumbed into the car and you sent me pics of earlier configurations, not what I have which makes things a little difficult. Why don't you give us our delivery dates as well as the refunds due to us so we can get our rides put back together

Quick Reply: OFI Turbo Kit Owners