LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

OFI Turbo Kit Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by firehawk123
guys take it easy ,,, i know that joel is so busy bullding our kit's i have one kit from hem befor 4 month ago and it took 8 month to receved it .and i got big 5 inch DP and i got it hear to kuwait ,, am in the ather half of the world am the one should be fraied from not having my kit but am sure that am going to receved it ,, and right now i have anther kit is order in 9 month right now and am sure that am going to receved it from hem just give hem some time.
and i called hem today and he told me that he got every thing but he is waiting on the intercooler and the radiator and he is not the one who billeds them , he should have some one les to do that from hem .

and take hem to court is not the right way its going to take time tell you guys have your money , its better to wait and its better for hem to have realistic delivery schedule so it will keep evry one happy.
Funny you say this cause Joel uses the same guy I do for intercoolers and radiators and the turn around time is 1-3weeks max. However if you dont have funds to pay your vendors it easy to say there lacking
Old 09-04-2008, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
Funny you say this cause Joel uses the same guy I do for intercoolers and radiators and the turn around time is 1-3weeks max. However if you dont have funds to pay your vendors it easy to say there lacking
I did some research and got this same info
Old 09-04-2008, 09:30 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Dont even start with that tim. I always pay for my parts from him. He was actually behind b/c he moved to a bigger shop and still is in the process. I have heard things from him about you also, but out or respect for marty Im not going to say what I have heard.

Jason you also know that is not true b/c he even called you and told you that he forgot to make the setup for your car and kept putting it on the back burner b/c he was building a new shop himself.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Banned

So, when are you going to answer this.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....7&postcount=97
Old 09-04-2008, 09:50 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by bluecamaroz28
So, when are you going to answer this.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....7&postcount=97
Sent you a pm....

Joel
Old 09-04-2008, 10:16 AM
9 Second Club

1-3 week lead time has not been my experience with the intercooler and rad vendor you guys are referring too. I've been waiting since late April for an upgraded intercooler and heat exchanger for my kit. Joel got me in contact with Marty so I could spec out the stuff I wanted and I was paying the bill for the upgrades. I should finally be receiving the new parts by the end of this week.

As for everyone's concerns about Joel not delivering parts, I purchased one of the original f-body kits with the upgraded downpipe and the kit did take a long time to finally get the complete kit. There were even a few times I got frustrated with Joel for things taking so long. But the bottom line is Joel did deliver all the parts. I don't think he is going to try and steal anyone's money.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tt427ls1
Ok I have read this all and I am very upset that this has happened. I would like to apoligize to the 4 people that have been waiting for there kits. The other people that have not ordered a kit or that have nothing nice to say please keep all your comments to yourself. There is no need to add your comments if you have nothing to loose.

Im getting things worked out and they will be getting there stuff. I have spoken to everyone lately about there orders and are getting this taken care of.

Also to everyone that thinks that Im just going to close up and run you have it all wrong. Just b/c others have done that in the past doesnt mean that I am. I have been available and try to answer everybodys phone calls, pm's and emails. Im not going to close and run. Everybody will get there kits or parts owed.

You all think that you have a shop you have tons of money and will just take your money and run. If you honeslty must know I have put all my earnings back into the shop and to pay for living expenses. I have nothing like toys, house or cars either. So you cant say that I took there money and are living life great. I drive a 99 cavalier with 163,000 miles on it that my brother when he got another car.

The reason that I take google checkout is b/c I had a customer from Michigan order a kit and he recived then files a complaint with them and he also got his money b/c I hand delivered the kit so there was no tracking number to prove that he got it. So now my paypal account is all messed up and trying to get it worked out with threw the courts.

If any other person wants to say something bad about me or my shop please call 440-582-3030 and I will talk to you in person about your complaint.
This is posted on a forum were anyone can make a comment, and what your are doing is very bad. DO NOT TAKE FULL PAYMENTS IF YOU CANNOT MAKE A PRODUCT! Thats called a scam, doesnt matter if you have good intentions.

You also need keep people updated all the time and let them know whats going on.

I see a big down fall going on here, we all have seen posts like this and then your shop goes under and people get fucked.

Sorry but no one feels bad, your dealing with thousands of dollers of peoples hard earned money!

And if you cant keep up with the work, then dont take it!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Banned

Sent you a pm....

Joel
PM returned.

So, Sept 26th is promised date for delivering my turbo kit by Joel.

Thanks.

Last edited by bluecamaroz28; 09-04-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

If i wanted to be technical, which I'm not and have already fixed all the loose ends, I didn't receive all of my parts. Furthermore, I'm glad that you (ozws6) had a good experience with Joel, but for the rest of us... it hasn't been so great.

Again, nothing again you Joel, I just feel that instead of posting in your defense, why not be a bit more honest with your delivery dates. I was quoted just like everyone else, I paid in full just like everyone else... and it has been that I waited just and more than some. It cannot be said that Joel "delivers" because as of right now, he didn't with me.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

Dont even start with that tim. I always pay for my parts from him. He was actually behind b/c he moved to a bigger shop and still is in the process. I have heard things from him about you also, but out or respect for marty Im not going to say what I have heard.

Jason you also know that is not true b/c he even called you and told you that he forgot to make the setup for your car and kept putting it on the back burner b/c he was building a new shop himself.
I paid you on November 25th 2007. Why did you wait over 6 months before you put the order in with him especially since you told me the same 5-7 weeks for the whole kit? BTW, today is Saturday and you said my parts and refund were shipped on Tuesday so I guess UPS once again screwed up my shipping. I don't how a company as large as UPS screws up with your company and not the hundreds of vendors I deal with that use them
Old 09-07-2008, 10:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by crazysquid
I paid you on November 25th 2007. Why did you wait over 6 months before you put the order in with him especially since you told me the same 5-7 weeks for the whole kit? BTW, today is Saturday and you said my parts and refund were shipped on Tuesday so I guess UPS once again screwed up my shipping. I don't how a company as large as UPS screws up with your company and not the hundreds of vendors I deal with that use them
What parts are you waiting for?

Just curious.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS6Nz06
What parts are you waiting for?

Just curious.
Cold section pipe, turbo brace plate and hardware, and as everyone is waiting for ...........MONEY!
Old 09-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Banned

bottom line..your only as good as your word. boys steal, cheat, and lie...
men don't!
or you could say, one only learns through pain,...
wisdom comes with age...it wont come any other way.
sorry to hear about your losses, but you'll learn alot about yourself...
now, that's priceless. =]
Old 09-17-2008, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

So, has anybody heard from Joel lately? I'm assuming that he pulled the coward route and beat feet with everyone's money and parts
Old 09-17-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

So, has anybody heard from Joel lately? I'm assuming that he pulled the coward route and beat feet with everyone's money and parts
stop spreading trouble, if you have a problem give him another call to work things out, hopefully he is busy working on the parts he needs to deliever

-MOD.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dont even start with that tim. I always pay for my parts from him. He was actually behind b/c he moved to a bigger shop and still is in the process. I have heard things from him about you also, but out or respect for marty Im not going to say what I have heard..
I am sure you have """heard""" things but not anything bad with marty. I am sure hearing your lies and a crappy qaulity product you produce speaks for itself. I am sure you have gotten better since we were the test mules for your welding training
Old 09-17-2008, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
stop spreading trouble, if you have a problem give him another call to work things out, hopefully he is busy working on the parts he needs to deliever

-MOD.
When he doesn't answer calls, emails, PM's, or any other means of contact and tells myself as well as numerous others the same thing every week, what would you assume? Not trying to start **** on here. Just trying to get what I paid for many months ago with 0 results and it seems the only way to get Joel to call me back is to post on here
Old 09-17-2008, 03:53 PM
TECH Junkie

When he doesn't answer calls, emails, PM's, or any other means of contact and tells myself as well as numerous others the same thing every week, what would you assume? Not trying to start **** on here. Just trying to get what I paid for many months ago with 0 results and it seems the only way to get Joel to call me back is to post on here
ditto that. I get the no response routine as well. he did pm me a couple weeks back but I haven't heard back since. All I want is the money I'm owed and I'll be done with the whole OFI ordeal.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:01 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

Management (IB) has issued a 14 day warning to Joel @ OFI to clean up these lingering transactions.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Management (IB) has issued a 14 day warning to Joel @ OFI to clean up these lingering transactions.
Who's Management (IB)? What will happen after 14 day warning? You got me worried.

Quick Reply: OFI Turbo Kit Owners