LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

OFI Turbo Kit Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation OFI Turbo Kit Owners

How long did you have to wait to get your turbo kit? What's reasonable and what's not?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sponsor-feedback/972945-ofi-ohio-forced-inductions-more-than-4-months-wait.html
Old 08-19-2008, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

A lot of people have played the waiting game with Joel. Do a search for the OFI kit and you'll find quite a few threads complaining on the wait time. And I agree with your thread made on the sponsor feedback section. I dont think LS1tech should allow this with a sponsor, especially after seeing all the complaints made towards it. I'm sure he is a busy person, but 4 months wait on a kit that was promised two weeks is a bit ridiculous.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:45 PM
TECH Junkie

It took me 10 months to get the complete kit that I was quoted 4-6 weeks. I had to get it uncoated just so I could have it that quick. It's been right at a year since I ordered my kit and I'm still waiting on a $552 refund that I'm owed.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

3 months i think for mine.most of time was waiting for the radiator and intercooler that Joel gets from someone else
Old 08-19-2008, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its been over 6 months for me so far and im still waiting.

He also said "It wont be a problem" for me getting a $55x refund for my coating aswell. I have yet to see that money or over half of my kit.

I also dont get why the other OFI thread was locked and why the sponsors are sticking up for him.

Many many people on here have been screwed over by LONG waits, no refunds, wrong parts, parts that dont fit, etc. You cant hide the facts here, it is what it is.

I personally am just tired of this whole deal. I really just want my money back, but it seems thats not going to happen. So instead I continue to wait for my parts and am out over $5200 while my car is on jackstands.

Knowing what i know now there is NO way I would buy from him or this kit again. I dont care if its the best quality parts I have ever seen and it makes 1500hp. Its not worth it.

Good luck to everyone who has money out with OFI.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98transguy
3 months i think for mine.most of time was waiting for the radiator and intercooler that Joel gets from someone else
When did you order it? I have already found atleast 1 other person who ordered their stuff after me and got their parts before I have.

What BS.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

thank god i didnt go with him and went to josh at kentucky turbo it only took like 2 months and he has an full time job beside the turbo builds!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6Nz06

I also dont get why the other OFI thread was locked and why the sponsors are sticking up for him.
I agree..

I check out the sponsors feedback forum pretty much everyday to do a little snooping if I'm about to order some parts and see other peoples experience before I choose a company.

After all those posts you guys have made... even if he gave me a free kit, I wouldn't take it..because it would take so long..hah
Old 08-20-2008, 01:00 AM
TECH Resident

Joel is a good guy with the best intentions. We all know how intentions go in this field.

If I were in a similar situation, I would get the Hotparts, Cold Side, and Radiator from Joel.

The rest I would outsource from other sponsors and get them in a more timely manner.

Just MHO.

-Wade
Old 08-20-2008, 04:55 AM
Banned

So, you did get your kit, right? When did you order it?

Originally Posted by cracker
Joel is a good guy with the best intentions. We all know how intentions go in this field.

If I were in a similar situation, I would get the Hotparts, Cold Side, and Radiator from Joel.

The rest I would outsource from other sponsors and get them in a more timely manner.

Just MHO.

-Wade
It's not really about intensions as much as it's about delivering the order in reasonable time and within promised time. Giving customers good feedback and explaining hold ups to put them in the picture is good communication/customer care. Waiting for rad/intercooler for 4 months is not a good reason.

I still don't get it, why does it take more than 4 months to get a rad and intercooler!!

Thanks everyone for sharing. Keep em coming.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=bluecamaroz28;9955924]So, you did get your kit, right? When did you order it?

I would have to look back at the invoice, i did order my OFI kit through EPP,maybe that helped speed up the pace of getting my kit.I know i had ordered my kit before Joel started having sales on his kits.On a side note my car should be on the dyno end of this week beginning of next week.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:52 AM
On The Tree

I'm on 10 months with mine and still waiting on refunds as well. I thought a sponsor couldn't sell anything on here unless they had it in stock? Either way, I forsee a lawsuit towards OFI coming very soon
Old 08-22-2008, 08:09 AM
TECH Resident

Location: sneaking in your back door as you leave!/cartersville ga

josh built my first one. then i built my 2nd one in my garage in 3-days.

all hail josh if you want a kit
Old 08-22-2008, 08:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by red83
josh built my first one. then i built my 2nd one in my garage in 3-days.

all hail josh if you want a kit
I wish I had went with him so I could be driving the car now
Old 08-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Launching!

after dealing with pro-turbo kits and HP turbo kits for my two mustangs, which i waited on both almost a year...i would say in over all in the performance world, it seems like there is always something to wait on... i waited on one double bead lock alumni-star for almost 6 months...i had the first one in a month then 5 months later the other showed up.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It took 10+ Months for me and I still didn't get everything. I ended up taking a loss on about $2000 worth of stuff. I finally gave up begging back and forth getting no results and had to get some of the parts like the wastegate, etc on my own. I think his kit is killer I just wish he had better business practices. Its a shame that someone can order a kit through EPP and get it right away, yet you have many others that have waited as long as many have and still have very little or nothing. At this point you cannot order a kit through him. I really dont see how he is a sponsor at this point. Its a shame.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would hardly say that 6 months is no time.Had the same problems with having to wait a long time for certain items that he doesnt control.But eventually we got everything and it was awesome quality.What i dont get is all u people that are bashing him ,some of the people that are bashing him when u all knew that he was taking quite a while to get these kits out yet u still ordered the kit.

Originally Posted by LS2Camaro
It took 10+ Months for me and I still didn't get everything. I ended up taking a loss on about $2000 worth of stuff. I finally gave up begging back and forth getting no results and had to get some of the parts like the wastegate, etc on my own. I think his kit is killer I just wish he had better business practices. Its a shame that someone can order a kit through EPP and get it right away, yet you have many others that have waited as long as many have and still have very little or nothing. At this point you cannot order a kit through him. I really dont see how he is a sponsor at this point. Its a shame.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Edit looked up invoice was way closer to 6 months then 3 .my bad
Old 08-22-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would hardly say that 6 months is no time.Had the same problems with having to wait a long time for certain items that he doesnt control.But eventually we got everything and it was awesome quality.What i dont get is all u people that are bashing him ,some of the people that are bashing him when u all knew that he was taking quite a while to get these kits out yet u still ordered the kit.
No actually I had no idea that it would take that long to get his kit. I had ordered his kit when it pretty much first came out, his first version, before anyone knew how long it was taking to get his kit. So you cannot say that about everyone. You cannot blame the customer at all. The customer pays for a product, and should therefore get it PERIOD. the customer is not to blame here, but the sponsor.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i am not saying that about everyone obviously.i also agree with people should get what they pay for.My comment i made was towards the guys that come on here , post and ask about the OFI kit.They are told that the kit is great quality but takes quite a while to get.They go ahead and order it they complain.I to was frustrated that it took longer than i wanted it to , to get my kit.But i didnt come on here and bash Joel and complain either.

Quick Reply: OFI Turbo Kit Owners