LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

new pics of my Grand Prix GXP

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default new pics of my Grand Prix GXP

I took some new pics of my car today after washing it yesterday for an hour and a half at my apartment. I had to get some dirt out of the door jams, clean up the engine bay for the first time ever, clean up the wheels thoroughly, and get quite a lot of dead bugs out of the fog light area and blinker area. Good lord do those blinkers catch a lot of bugs in the crevice around them!!! I haven't figured out an easy method of cleaning that honey comb bug killer on the front either. Any tips?

Anyway, the car attracts a lot of women LOL. I talked to about 20. It helps to park between the pool and where everybody lives. The GXP attracts a lot of smiles and conversations (after I start them) compared to my old Corolla. It's truly impossible not to love this car. I love every single thing about it. The quality is top notch and everything is great. Pontiac deserved more praise for this car than it got.

Sorry for the bad lighting, I didn't take most of these pics until after 6 pm.

Nose is clean

Cleaned the wheels three times. I always use Turtle Wax brand spray on wheel cleaner. It seems to do a very fair job on all wheels. The front ones had a lot of brake dust. I sprayed them once, used a brush, rinsed, sprayed again, rinsed, sprayed again, used a mitt on the inside of the wheels, rubbed all the black gunk I could off, and rinsed. They look pretty good.

Went to where I bought my car last January and took some pics in front of the logo.

Some more pics, unfortunately the front shot is terribly lit, but I thought it'd be weird not including it. My mom's in the car in these pics because we were out looking at cars together.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's some other cars I took pics of today that were for sale at this dealership as well as other ones:

look at the weird placement of the old style antenna on the Solstice Coupe GXP:

G8 GXP; seems like overkill, there's a big gas guzzler tax and it only gets 20 on the highway, I'd stick with the G8 GT:

Rolls Royce:

Maserati Granturismo (my favorite current car by any manufacturer):

Skyline GTR:

Audi R8:

Chrysler 300 limo, sadly no price on the window sticker... I'm curious:

Viper SRT10, sadly no Challengers on the lot. Dallas domestic car dealerships seem to be running out of sports cars. People are buying them up QUICK. Even the Pontiac dealership lacked many G8s. Only had 6 I think:
Old 06-01-2009, 08:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude that was all at one dealer?
Old 06-01-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

No

Solstice and G8 = Pontiac
Rolls, Mas, GTR, R8 = a Bentley/Maserati dealership
limo, Viper = Dodge/Chrysler
Old 06-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GXP looks good

BTW, good idea of getting a shot with a Pontiac sign ... I'm going to do that too, before there aren't any more
Old 06-01-2009, 10:31 PM
11 Second Club

looks nice, makes me miss my black one.. But that dash is for the birds.. the outside of the car is so nice but the switchgear, HVAC controls are **** looking..

Isn't it funny that the new G8 GXP is still unerstated compared the "old" GXP? they should of "Pontiac'd" the G8 GXP more than they did.. I still think I am getting a G8 GT at the end of the year though, but man the pics are nice... best of luck
Old 06-01-2009, 11:44 PM
TECH Resident

nice color
Old 06-02-2009, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

thats a really good idea with the pontiac sign
Old 06-02-2009, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

That Maserati looks sharp - my brother works at a Park Place dealer in Grapevine.

*edit*

It's not a Skyline GT-R btw, just Nissan GT-R.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
looks nice, makes me miss my black one.. But that dash is for the birds.. the outside of the car is so nice but the switchgear, HVAC controls are **** looking..

Isn't it funny that the new G8 GXP is still unerstated compared the "old" GXP? they should of "Pontiac'd" the G8 GXP more than they did.. I still think I am getting a G8 GT at the end of the year though, but man the pics are nice... best of luck
You're insane! What are you talking about? Did you not have the dual climate controls or something? The dash, shifter, and HVAC are gorgeous! What have you been smoking?! O_o

Regarding the G8, I like the G8 a lot. I haven't driven one yet, but I do think it's very nice. I'm not satisfied with the size of the gauges in the GXP version. I haven't been in the GT version lately, so I don't know if they are the same size, but I think they are way too small.

I have a HUD in my GP GXP and love it. I wouldn't have a G8 without one.

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
That Maserati looks sharp - my brother works at a Park Place dealer in Grapevine.

*edit*

It's not a Skyline GT-R btw, just Nissan GT-R.

Yeah, I know, but it is what it is. It's a Skyline, everybody knows it. haha
Old 06-02-2009, 04:47 AM
Staging Lane

car's looking good brang. guess what i did? after almost a decade, i sold my camaro. i miss it a little but i'm sure i'll still see you around here and on cz28.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Man! That's too bad! Did you get something else nice, or did you have to downgrade thanks to the crappy economy?

It's good to hear from you again. It's been awhile.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:42 AM
TECH Resident

Ton of great pictures.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

just got the ss now. since i got hurt i was unable to finish the motor swap and keep up with it the way i wanted to so i got rid of it. i'll get something else when i finish school.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nothing wrong with having an SS anything. Beats having a Corolla like I had anyday.

I actually really enjoying driving my GXP a lot more than my mom's or sister's Camaros. The Camaros are more fun, but for everyday tasks, the GP is the winner!
Old 06-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Staging Lane

What color is your car called?
Old 06-06-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's called Stealth Gray Metallic. I call it Stealth Teal because it looks teal 90% of the time. It tends to photograph greenish gray. It's a gorgeous color, really changes color a lot.

Another good one is Pacific Slate Metallic. It's the rare color for '09 Pontiac G8s. I haven't seen one in person yet, but I think in pics it looks even more gorgeous that Stealth Gray.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet car, Dude! The others are nice too. Welcome to the club!

-Mike
Old 06-06-2009, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's an awesome pic I took today at a show. It's the first pic ever of my sister's Z28, my mom's SS, and my GXP all lined up together and all detailed and clean.

My mom ended up winning first in her class. The show was professionally judged, so it's about time she gets some recognition for not driving it LOL!

I was beat by a GTO that was really well done and a Saturn Sky I never really looked at because... well... it's a Saturn Sky.

It's hard to win a category when there are coupes and 2-seaters involved.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

More:

I met the original owners of my car by pure coincidence! They attended the car show, and recognized their old car, and found me!

Quick Reply: new pics of my Grand Prix GXP