LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Project: GXP-TN2O (R)eserved has BEGUN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 10:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Project: GXP-TN2O (R)eserved has BEGUN!!!

Okay boyz and girls...here we go...we know that all of us simply get google eyed over a select company that has a front mount turbo kit for our cars, and the kit is truly is a great one too, but not everyone has the $$$$ laying around or the credit to be pulling those kind of numbers out of the bank or their ***...least I dont, this car took most all of our credit lol with this damned price tag...but Project GXP-TN2O (R)eserved is under way.
This is believed to be through unconfirmed, select and private sources to be the world's first rear/remotely mounted turbo kit for the LS4 and any Grand Prix platform.

I will keep you all posted as our list of parts are complete now as we have been in a vail of darkness for a bit.... and will post up all the neccassary pics and post as we continue this endeavor for the more budget minded LS4 owner and making strives to not compramise quality above all.

This project will include the use of N2O and Turbo charging methods of forced induction together and balanced in harmony is the goal with a progressive mini controller. All these parts have been researched and collected based upon there specific limitations and abilities as well as the LS4 limitations and how well, according to design of this specific project and all of the collected parts will perform on this vehicle(2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP) and this motor(LS4).

The goal of this project is to have this specific prototype be a base for power-minded and large gain seeking owners on a budget that want a quality do-it-yourself-type system and not have the overated price tag...we dont have to pay for R and D much...the bases and foundations have been set up for many years, we are the crazy one's to start it; and we are serious guys...im in your boat and want what you do for our cars, and we will get it together...lets continue writting this book.

Although this has not been focused on mass production, or even limited production, WE ARE NOT BUILDING THIS TO BE A KIT TO BE SOLD RIGHT NOW, JUST A TRIAL BUT, it would'nt be too far out of the barn to develope from our prototype, and mind you that this will compliment and work with all factory LS4 platforms, only changes would be tunning in the ECU for certain and select years of the motor.

So rest assure that this is being planned and developed very carefully and with a lot of support from several sponsors/supporters and friends in the biz and other well accredited manufactures and shops that have not yet been named due to this still in the planning and pre-fabrication stages, but will be named as the project passes through their hands and knowledge as well as their shops.

I spoke with JR at Full Throttle Performance in Indianapolis, IN, he has expressed an interest in looking over the car and donating time into assembly and engineering, as well as some start-up and driveablility tuning. Full Throttle Performance has been in some small talks of being the manufacture of a kit for STS as a subcontraced builder; depending on demand and some other select components of production. So, still in early stages but, a few potential options as of right now.

I know all of you will have questions, as I expect that, but I will post as we go once things are put in place and fabbed up, and then I will start the project parts list, we have to install first and reserve and contact and credit all part names in the build.

Sponsors/Supporters/Techs:

Full Throttle Performance, Indianapolis, IN "JR-Ray and Staff" www.fullthrottleperformance.com

STS(Squires Turbo Systems), West Orem, UT "Vernon, Chris and Staff" www.ststurbo.com

Cozzolino Motorsports, Indianapolis, IN "Pete Cozzolino and Staff" www.petecozzolino.com / www.cozzolinomotorsports.com

TRU Motorsports, Indianapolis, IN "Jeorge and Staff"www.trumotorsports.com

Speed Service Performance Shop, Brownsburg, IN "Chuy" http://www.speedservicellc.com/

TUNER MANEUVER AUTOMOTIVE MAGAZINE, Twin Lake, MI Editor In Chief-Jay W. www.TunerManeuverMag.com

Green Light Motorsports, Kokomo, IN "Chad Rose" http://www.greenlightmotorsports.com/

FIC-Fuel Injector Connection, Cumming, GA "Jon" www.fuelinjectorconnection.com

Cory Rist, LS1TECH: ws98ta-Greenwood, IN
Nate ***, LS1TECH: Metallihawk-Indianapolis, IN
Kyle Burchard, LS1TECH: Jax04
Donnie Dawson, Indygpc: OrangeGTP
Ross Earles, LS1TECH: Rossko 85-Plainfield, IN

Last edited by Rossko85; 09-03-2009 at 06:15 PM. Reason: sponsor update
Old 06-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

Do the people in Indianapolis, IN do custom tunes?

Also, are you looking for a test car? I would be willing to give up my Monte for how ever long you guys need it.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MCSS07
Do the people in Indianapolis, IN do custom tunes?

Also, are you looking for a test car? I would be willing to give up my Monte for how ever long you guys need it.
Yes, there's a couple people, but noone would commit so it looks like Speed INC will do the tuning. And Rossko's car is the test car. The wording in his post isn't too clear, basically we will document all parts and methods we use, and be able to make a general guideline of how this whole thing should be done for interested parties.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:50 PM
12 Second Club

Smile

I do know of some tuners in Indianapolis, but I would recommend my NA tuner and a very popular and well made LS tuner from Kokomo, IN Green Light Motorsports, Chad Rose, Owner, Operator and tuner...he did my orig NA on the 100 shot..woke this car up buddy...

And as of right now, Im kind of the test car....lol, this was something we have been poking around on, and I finally just got all my resources together and contacts and friends i have made during this build and just told them to mount up...and they were suprisingly very compliant and didnt experience any resistance as i expected lol
Old 06-22-2009, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

Can you PM me with more info on the tune?
Old 06-22-2009, 11:06 PM
9 Second Club

That's crazy to be putting in turbos. It's just a way to get from point A to point B. I just don't understand some of you folks! Good luck though!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chasgiv3
That's crazy to be putting in turbos. It's just a way to get from point A to point B. I just don't understand some of you folks! Good luck though!
Says the man in the 9 second club
Old 06-23-2009, 06:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Can you just buy the turbo without the nitrous? If so, I may be interested at some point.

-Mike
Old 06-23-2009, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have my interest
Old 06-23-2009, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no reason this wont be the best Grand Prix EVER
Old 06-23-2009, 04:36 PM
12 Second Club

hey guys...I edited the post just a lil...I am not wanting to deliver the idea that we are specificaly making this kit purley to be sold as such....NOT SAYING WE WOULDNT PASS IT ALONG TO YOU IF IT WORKS OR EVEN OFFER AS A KIT, but as of right now we are just doing the leg work and pioneering this with lots of help and support, and I can tell you guys are on our side...but not knocking the questions down if it will be offered. As of right now, no but, not saying that if all goes well that we won't, we will be posting as we go to give you guys some up to date progress on the project. This is just the first step in the right direction for us and all other LS4 owners...we doing this for all of you....and me too...lol. Your gonna hear a lot of positive and negative thoughts, as to every project....it always starts like that, just stay on our side on this one, cause they arent doing it...so keep the faith...lol
Old 06-23-2009, 04:41 PM
12 Second Club

Red face

Originally Posted by Mgpeagle
Can you just buy the turbo without the nitrous? If so, I may be interested at some point.

-Mike
If all goes to plan and well then I dont see why we couldnt, we would have to do some business stuff first and go through that whole pain in the but, but as of right now, not our intent, we are just announcing it as an attempt in pioneering forced induction on the LS4 in a rear mount platform.

But not knocking it down at all my man....
Old 06-23-2009, 04:45 PM
12 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rossko85
If all goes to plan and well then I dont see why we couldnt, we would have to do some business stuff first and go through that whole pain in the but, but as of right now, not our intent, we are just announcing it as an attempt in pioneering forced induction on the LS4 in a rear mount platform.

But not knocking it down at all my man....
It would be spelled pain in the BUTT lol and I will go a lil further in answering the question....

The kit we are building is going to be built on top of me already have the N2O
But it will work without it too....