LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Had a run against a last gen firechicken

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had a run against a last gen firechicken

I got to run up against a last gen and was wondering what type of motor does it have?

The mods that the car had intake and aftermarket mufflers driven by a incredibly hot female! (drools)

The car instantly pulled half a car length on me (manual). My jaw dropped and was like i lost but with my peddle to the floor i slowly caught up the the passenger door and by 146km i pulled just a nose infront.

Overall im happy i was even able to keep up! sadly i had to do twice as many mods just to keep up. I want a corvette now! lol

Wondering if anyone else has had runs against other fbodys and how did you do?

Mods:
DIY Intake
Shift Kit
Trifecta Tune
trans cooler
flipped motor mount
exhaust with catless DP/No Res
Old 10-22-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea i've had some runs with a couple of them. Lost one by a fender, and won one by about 1/2 car length. Lost when my car was stock, won with just my exhaust and intake.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:51 AM
TECH Resident

I hang with some F-bodys just about every weeked but they are HEAVILY modified so I don't try to run them. The one guy thats not modded doesn't want to run me though
Old 10-22-2009, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

but think they are top end of second when we are shifting out of first . . but i think we can start catching them after a while.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Banned

Last gen had LS1s, the previous had LT1.

Had run-ins with both,
stock LT1 Bird didn't put up a fight at all,
LS1 Bird with at least exhaust work, I got the jump of about a fender length and pulled slowly til 100, when he started reeling me back in,
and got destroyed by an SLP Camaro that I later found out runs 11s from a friend, don't know the mods.

If it weren't for TapShift, I wouldn't have done so well.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp
but think they are top end of second when we are shifting out of first . . but i think we can start catching them after a while.
lol, not going to happen. There are three different gearing setups you can get with them. M6 3.42, A4 3.23, and A4 2.73. The manuals will be hitting top of second. Then again the 2.73 autos will do 100 in second gear just like yours.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Launching!

Theirs a lot of bolt on fbodys floating around my area. Honestly it just might be my city but they have a stick up there *** lawlz. Ive only been able to convince two to run me. a stock Lt1 corvette which i beat the owner was like wth! lol and a Lt4 with complete bolt ons...man that thing was sick it kept a whole car on me all the way i just couldnt get any ground back.

On a side note every time they see a mustang there like GAME ON!

I hang with the dodge crew way more laid back here
Old 10-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Banned

Most Mustang guys think they're untouchable that's why. LT1 Vette guys wig out when they lose to a sedan, too, lol.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Launching!

I cant believe howmany people out there think im rocking a 3.8 supercharged. not dissing a 3.8 cause they can get sick with some mods. But 90 percent of peeps think my badge is a trim kit option.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Banned

I get that too, always ask "Is that thing supercharged?" I say, 'no,' and they ask "So you put a body kit on a little N/A 3.8L?" They also ask about how I made a V6 sound like a V8, keep in mind I have straight to mufflers, I just tell them I spent 2000 dollars on a custom exhaust system, some believe me some don't.

In their defense, there're only about 60-65K LS4 powered cars produced, from '05-'09.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've been asked if mine is supercharged a lot also.

Usual reaction

"Those came with V8's???"
Old 10-22-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
I've been asked if mine is supercharged a lot also.

Usual reaction

"Those came with V8's???"
"Anybody wanna run a Monte Carlo? It's just a L67 car."
*Pulls out and opens the cutout*
Another 2v Mustang falls....
Old 10-22-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I haven't gotten ANY 94-04 Stangs to run. I've ran a couple 05+ and they get me up top. But after porting the intake and hopefully headers that'll be cured.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:23 PM
Banned

94-98s are ridiculously slow, lol, 99-04s are closer.

My best 'Stang kill was an 05-09. The guy has his GF in the car with him, started trash talking, so I said ok I'll honk 3 times, I opened my cutout and looked over and he's like WTF. Got up to 40 in 1st, 3 honks, and I destroyed him, I slowed down and glanced over to see his GF laughing her *** off and he looked so ***-whipped.

I race a lot, always on wide open 2 lane highways, nowhere near any towns or cities, before anyone gets on my case.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JP_GXP
94-98s are ridiculously slow, lol, 99-04s are closer.

My best 'Stang kill was an 05-09. The guy has his GF in the car with him, started trash talking, so I said ok I'll honk 3 times, I opened my cutout and looked over and he's like WTF. Got up to 40 in 1st, 3 honks, and I destroyed him, I slowed down and glanced over to see his GF laughing her *** off and he looked so ***-whipped.

I race a lot, always on wide open 2 lane highways, nowhere near any towns or cities, before anyone gets on my case.
I don't have problems with 2v of any year. lol Stock 3v are still right behind me. It may be my mods but I beat a intake/P&P heads/LTs/Exhaust/4.10s/Nitto 555r's/stage 2 clutch/ram air hood 04 GT and I was still on the stock tires. They really aren't as quick as people make them out to be.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by SigmaX6
I got to run up against a last gen and was wondering what type of motor does it have?

The mods that the car had intake and aftermarket mufflers driven by a incredibly hot female! (drools)

The car instantly pulled half a car length on me (manual). My jaw dropped and was like i lost but with my peddle to the floor i slowly caught up the the passenger door and by 146km i pulled just a nose infront.

Overall im happy i was even able to keep up! sadly i had to do twice as many mods just to keep up. I want a corvette now! lol

Wondering if anyone else has had runs against other fbodys and how did you do?

Mods:
DIY Intake
Shift Kit
Trifecta Tune
trans cooler
flipped motor mount
exhaust with catless DP/No Res
NOT PEDDLE.....JEEZ....PEDAL. AND WHOEVER TOLD U THAT YOUR CAR HAS A CHANCE, UNLESS VERY SERIOUS MODS WERE PERFORMED.??????? and I am talking STOCK LS1.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AlabamaGuy
I don't have problems with 2v of any year. lol Stock 3v are still right behind me. It may be my mods but I beat a intake/P&P heads/LTs/Exhaust/4.10s/Nitto 555r's/stage 2 clutch/ram air hood 04 GT and I was still on the stock tires. They really aren't as quick as people make them out to be.
All in the driver and traction. There's stock 99-04 that have run high 13's out of the box, and somethat run high 14's. I have a friend with a 99 GT with I/H/tune/DR's that routinely runs low 13's.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
NOT PEDDLE.....JEEZ....PEDAL. AND WHOEVER TOLD U THAT YOUR CAR HAS A CHANCE, UNLESS VERY SERIOUS MODS WERE PERFORMED.??????? and I am talking STOCK LS1.
I agree. I'm pretty modded for these cars and I'm no where near stock LS1 times with an equivalent driver to myself.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

ive never seen the 2v 4.6 mustang in stock trim run a 13. the ls4 vs and ls1 the ls4 should lose by a wide margin from a dead stop. i think an ls1 car with no type of gearing from a roll would be a better match up but once again the ls4 should lose. all and all though the hp is in favor of the ls1 on top of being able to launch harder. its not really a fair match up a stock 2v 4.6 vs a stock ls4 the hp difference is big. ive beaten a few. with some gearing though they make up for the horse power difference and hold there own better but even then they should still lose. and i believe 94-96 was the 5.0. and i personally feel that 5L is the quicker car if the same bolt ons are thrown at it not including a blower. this is all just my opinion.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:04 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
ive never seen the 2v 4.6 mustang in stock trim run a 13. the ls4 vs and ls1 the ls4 should lose by a wide margin from a dead stop. i think an ls1 car with no type of gearing from a roll would be a better match up but once again the ls4 should lose. all and all though the hp is in favor of the ls1 on top of being able to launch harder. its not really a fair match up a stock 2v 4.6 vs a stock ls4 the hp difference is big. ive beaten a few. with some gearing though they make up for the horse power difference and hold there own better but even then they should still lose. and i believe 94-96 was the 5.0. and i personally feel that 5L is the quicker car if the same bolt ons are thrown at it not including a blower. this is all just my opinion.
I think they only used the 5.0L W in the first year of SN95.

Quick Reply: Had a run against a last gen firechicken