LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

I would like to apologize for the other thread. (Paint opinions, not like the other)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 02:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I would like to apologize for the other thread. (Paint opinions, not like the other)

Had no idea it would escalate to that point... Was expecting some constructive criticism.

Don't start in this one either, please.

Now about the car, do all flat or have red accents, I want opinions.

I don't want people to start bashing in here, if you don't like flat black or that I 'ruined' a car I paid for, please don't respond, thanks.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:40 AM
TECH Addict

I think it looks awesome, like a tank or something. I always thought about doing it to my gxp but never had the guts to do it haha. Flat white with flat black badges and black rims looks pretty sick too!!! and I apologize for the other thread i just couldn't stand that "other" guy bashing and being a a$$hole.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp
I think it looks awesome, like a tank or something. I always thought about doing it to my gxp but never had the guts to do it haha. Flat white with flat black badges and black rims looks pretty sick too!!! and I apologize for the other thread i just couldn't stand that "other" guy bashing and being a a$$hole.
ok let it be known if it gets out of hand it can fall back on this kids post calling me a *******, when no one knows me at all...lol...****** pathetic

moving along it did get out of hand real fast i do apologize my self, dude i did try to help ya out on clubgp, but ya didnt want to take my advice to have it done correctly, soooooooo its not just you its other "know it all`s" that dont listen to me when i try to help,

and its not just in here its on clubgp, and on the olds club as well, some punk kid is not going to tell me how things are done when i know how its done and what to do<<<<on olds site

im not that bad of a guy but when someone doesnt listen to a experienced tech thats trying to help ya it gets frustrating, and my gxp is a pile of ****, and im glad that god himself layed his hand on your cars good for you, but me and allot of other people have big problems with these cars

and now it will turn into another **** storm why?? becasue once again this kid has come in this thread and call me out and call me a *******, so ya its gonna get ugly real fast again

fyi;i reported his post for ya, for bashing i would contact a mod or admin as well
Old 12-18-2009, 08:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok sooooo are you know going to listen and take my advice now??? ok good....here we gooooooo

if your using hot rod flatz, the guy who is going to be re doing your car, is going to have more work on his hands due to the rattle can enamel you put on, its going to gum up the sand paper, and hes going to use allot of material just to get back to the oringinal paint and then go past that too

you stated on clubgp that the front bumper was peeling and i gave you my advice on what to do about that, did you listen nope!!! peeling clear is a tell tail sign it was repainted and repainted poorly, we dont even touch crap like that becasue we know it need to be sent out stripped down and it comes back to us in primer, thats what i would do with the bumper

and the rear bumper and deck lid if its still damaged thats just going to add to the cost of repairing add to the cost of labor, i know it would for me becasue its more work and we dont work for free, is this guy you spoke of going to dis-assemble the eniter car???

even the glass?? remove everything?? so your car will be a shell, or is he going to leave everything on and in a few months the new paint will start to peel around moldings,

hot rod flatz is a single stage product, believe me or not it is a pain in the *** to spray, and it takes allot of yrs to perfect the spraying of single stage, so hopefully this guy has that and your car will look awesome when its done

if your going black, its skys the limit for ya, me personally i would do red pinstriping, if ya need that **** i m offering my striper to ya, you seen my turd, pos, uneven gapped alero, and his work, so i guess my pos, turd alero is done in the hot rod flatz, i liked spraying it, when on easy and had no problems at all
Old 12-18-2009, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think flat black with a red pin stripe would set ot off.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i forgot something
what you could also do is if the tech uses ppg, i personally love the dbc system, i would do 9700(its real black black) and then i would use ppg`s flat clear, and when mixing it there are different ratios, for degrees of gloss, it sprays just like regualr clear does, but it dries flat
Old 12-18-2009, 08:54 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Keep this one clean guys.

I wish I had the guts to do it to my C6. I think it looks sinister.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm no expert, but had done some body work/painting in the past. Did it for 4 years or so, but that was 12 years ago now. Times have changed, and water born paints are going to be the norm from now on, thanks to the VOC laws.

I have shot several different paints, the last ones being Diamont and Glaserit. I still remember the first flat finish I had to do. It was a Ford T-Bird engine compartment. Neat stuff, two stage or base coat clear coat. We had our own mixing machine, so it was easy to do. The flat finish was given by the clear coat.

That being said, I understand where bdyman was getting his frustration from. But also understand where the OP is coming from as well. There is no way to tell if you like the flat black untill you see it first hand. The easiest way was to "spray bomb" it. Not the best thing to do, as bdyman has said. It will be more work for the person that will be doing the paint prep. Oh-well, at least you know that you will like the outcome now. And that reasurance is at least to me worth the extra few hundred dollars it will cost to remove that "spray bomb" paint job.

Oh by the way, I think I actually like the flat black, gives it a stealth look. Especially with that hood! I would ghost in some "GXP" and maybe even Pontiac emblems in gray.

Looking forward to the finished product!

But alas fellas, this is a car forum. We all have different tastes. That's what makes it fun. The diveresity of automobile collecting is what makes it a great hobby. Let's please have a little respect for one another, and there car. If you feel someone is straying off path, gently point them in the right way. In the end it's up to the individual to choose the right path. And know one noes what is right for each individual person. Be kind to each other, advise I need to adhear to myself.

Keep up the custom work guys. That's what sets us car guys apart from the crowd.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Keep this one clean guys.

I wish I had the guts to do it to my C6. I think it looks sinister.
http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/show...light=murdered

It looks damn good. look for yourself.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS4_SS

Love the blacked out badge too.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:27 PM
TECH Regular

Flat black all the way looks good, but I'd be interested to see accents or pinstriping. Rather than red, have you thought about using gloss black accents? I know you wanted to run those red headlights and red would match, but that flat black is such a bold look that you could be subtle with your accents. I don't know if it got lost in the other thread, but I'd like to see what an old school pinstriped 325ci on the door would look like too.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:36 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by LS4_SS
http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/show...light=murdered

It looks damn good. look for yourself.

Shet, that does look good!
Old 12-18-2009, 03:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Isn't that SilveradoSS500's vette in that link?
Old 12-18-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

If it was me I think I'd just do flat black no pinstripe. You can always get it striped later anyways if you don't like it without. With a proper paint job I think it will look sick. Some new cars look good like this, some look like ***. Someone has a pretty new Mercedes E350 around here that's flat black with black rims. It looks sick.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
Isn't that SilveradoSS500's vette in that link?
Dont think so. not sure what his screename on here is, but his name is Pat. im trying to remember where in fla he moved, but i believe he is orig from pittsburgh.

he owns PRL racing
Old 12-18-2009, 05:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Jp
I love the Rat Rod look and red pin stripes would definitely set it off.
Also bdyman is correct about the ppg`s flat clear you should do that to protect and seal it
Old 12-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Staging Lane

you should have left the car silver, we are way past that now. So do whatever you want because you do not listen to any one with that has done body and paint work first hand.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

JPGXP i think it looks like a beast,with the stock head lights(not the smoked)...And with the red pin strips thats gonna look SICK
Old 12-19-2009, 07:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smug_GXP
you should have left the car silver, we are way past that now. So do whatever you want because you do not listen to any one with that has done body and paint work first hand.

you are correct, i believe we both tried to help him on clubgp, i gave my tid bit of information now the rest is up to him

and hot rod flatz is a uv protected product
Old 12-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Teching In

In my opinion I think JP GXP was trolling on the thread and has done this many times before....Sorry just an observation.