LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

2006 grand prix gxp custom downpipe video!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 grand prix gxp custom downpipe video!

well after owning the car for less than 2 weeks wifey decided to take the gxp to my buddys shop and have some custom exhaust work done,he ran a 3 inch manderel bent pipe (with a flex located where the oem one was) all the way back to the stock y piping that goes to the mufflers. So the cat and resonator are history, still has stock mufflers and maybe a foot or 2 of stock piping, also got some new custom tips as well (not sure if anyone else has noticed but the oem ones look restrictive by where the go into the mufflers).

anyway on to the start up and rev videos.

start up

http://www.youtube.com/user/chris97gs?feature=mhw4#p/u

rev

http://www.youtube.com/user/chris97g.../2/uR8u8NTAbbg

...so what do you guys think she loves it, also the but dyno feels a increase in tq/hp.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by geight8you
well after owning the car for less than 2 weeks wifey decided to take the gxp to my buddys shop and have some custom exhaust work done,he ran a 3 inch manderel bent pipe (with a flex located where the oem one was) all the way back to the stock y piping that goes to the mufflers. So the cat and resonator are history, still has stock mufflers and maybe a foot or 2 of stock piping, also got some new custom tips as well (not sure if anyone else has noticed but the oem ones look restrictive by where the go into the mufflers).

anyway on to the start up and rev videos.

start up

http://www.youtube.com/user/chris97gs?feature=mhw4#p/u

rev

http://www.youtube.com/user/chris97g.../2/uR8u8NTAbbg

...so what do you guys think she loves it, also the but dyno feels a increase in tq/hp.
Very good!

Next step is to get rid of that terrible piping after the Y. It's like all those gasses are hitting a wall.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

actually gonna leave it be..
1. doesnt look nearly as restrictive as the other components that where removed.
2. doing a 3inch electric cutout instead lol
Old 03-18-2010, 04:47 PM
TECH Addict

I did the cutout thing for a while. It's a lot of fun.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds good man!
Old 03-18-2010, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

thanks yea i only plan on the cutout because her or i can have it louder whenever we want and its cheaper than buying mufflers and having them put on, i will be tunning with the cut out open. so anytime racing or spirited driving is gonna take place just "flip the switch"...actually i think im gonna have it wired into the traction control button that way when i push the button i can kill to birs with one stone ...
Old 03-18-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

thanks yea i only plan on the cutout because her or i can have it louder whenever we want and its cheaper than buying mufflers and having them put on, i will be tunning with the cut out open. so anytime racing or spirited driving is gonna take place just "flip the switch"...actually i think im gonna have it wired into the traction control button that way when i push the button i can kill to birs with one stone ...
Most aftermarket cutouts you have to hold power to until they are fully open or closed. I'd just hide it somewhere clean on the interior.

Some of us race with traction control on. It's a more advanced system than the old throttle blades closing or timing being pulled. From my understanding our TC actually pulsates the front brakes to help with traction.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs-5-F25Jvs

light acceleration in 2nd gear inside noise isnt to bad, would have stayed in it or went 100% if the roads wernt that wet
Old 03-18-2010, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AlabamaGuy
Most aftermarket cutouts you have to hold power to until they are fully open or closed. I'd just hide it somewhere clean on the interior.

Some of us race with traction control on. It's a more advanced system than the old throttle blades closing or timing being pulled. From my understanding our TC actually pulsates the front brakes to help with traction.
if it "pulsates the front brakes" then why would you wanna race with it being on, i understand these cars can be a little torquey modded, but nothing that practicing launching or stickier tires or s proper suspension setup cant fix. for instance i dont know maybe a 275 nitto 555r up front lol

i had 2 srt4s in the past one was 360whp the other was close to 450 on bottle, now thats a car that is a tire fryer lol......
Old 03-18-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

if it "pulsates the front brakes" then why would you wanna race with it being on, i understand these cars can be a little torquey modded, but nothing that practicing launching or stickier tires or s proper suspension setup cant fix. for instance i dont know maybe a 275 nitto 555r up front lol

i had 2 srt4s in the past one was 360whp the other was close to 450 on bottle, now thats a car that is a tire fryer lol......
Well, to be honest I do *most* of my racing on the street. Most of the time you only get one chance, the road isn't prepped, etc, etc. With the TC on there's much less room for error. If I load up too much on the converter I'm not going to have smoke boiling past both windows. Don't get me wrong, it works just fine with it off, it's how I did things for a while, but I'm cutting some of the best street tire 60' times on here with T/C on. I just believe the brakes are less of an evil than coming out of the throttle to control wheelspin.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

what tires you running up front, have you tried rolling into the throtle, instead of just loading up the stall and droping the hammer and hoping the tc system does the rest, i guess different things work for different people and im not knocking your theory in any way, i just think practice is key and i pretty much do all my racing on the street as a mattter a fact 98% of all my photobucket/youtube video are on the street (out in mexico on a closed course).
Old 03-18-2010, 05:37 PM
TECH Addict

what tires you running up front, have you tried rolling into the throtle, instead of just loading up the stall and droping the hammer and hoping the tc system does the rest, i guess different things work for different people and im not knocking your theory in any way, i just think practice is key and i pretty much do all my racing on the street as a mattter a fact 98% of all my photobucket/youtube video are on the street (out in mexico on a closed course).
I'm not bragging, but I've got launching this car down to a science. I've yet to see better short times on this board out of a car on street tires. Trust me, loading up on the converter and dumping it will get you nowhere, even with TC on.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

well ill keep you posted once i hit the track down here (used to be moroso now its pbir)...im used to fwd and tq steer believe me. best thing ive learned is jump out with minimal spin and roll into it till it hooks then nail it, thats netted me 1.7 2.0 60 times on street tires for my old eclipse that i had on spray and my srt. but man id love to hit the track with a built tranny, tranny cooler shift kit and some slicks, and spring blockers in the back that would be fun
Old 03-18-2010, 07:00 PM
TECH Addict

Spring blocks are something I've been wanting to try out...I've got some I may give it a shot this weekend.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats netted me 1.7 2.0 60 times

I miss sib 2 second 60 foots. I used to get 1.7 - 1.8 60 foots in my Civic on slicks. 7k rpm dumps FTW lol I blew 4 or 5 trannies and countless axles

Quick Reply: 2006 grand prix gxp custom downpipe video!