LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

best place to get a fwi or best brand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best place to get a fwi or best brand?

before anyone says search i already have lol, havnt gotten any really solid answers, from what i know fwi is the way to go vs the k&n intake kit, im more for the performance than something looking pretty under the hood that is a heat trap, so with that in mind what do you guys recomend, and no i am not going to make one lol. Im sure i could as i have on my old 97 l67 regal, but i just want a nice piece that i can put in and make the wife happy lol

there is one from wbodystore.com that requires you to cut a little brace on the inside for it to work, ill post a link to the product on there website...

http://www.wbodystore.com/grandprix/...stem-p-63.html
Old 03-18-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Addict

I ordered that 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Still haven't gotten it. We'll see.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://intense-racing.com/Merchant2/...=LSx_Induction
Old 03-18-2010, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

yea thats a little bit upsetting, have you tried calling them, i would after 2 weeks, its not like they had to custom make it or wait for parts lol.....but looks like it will perform well.....
Old 03-18-2010, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

thanks for posting the link, ......hhm i dont know about that, looks a little to cheap and gheto, but it may work decent, intense has had some pretty bad reviews and issues, do you have that intake on your gxp??
Old 03-18-2010, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

I know it will get here. They're a small company and I know he had to PC it for me. I learned a long time ago in the SHO world that our aftermarket will never have the turnaround of say Summit racing. It's the same in the LS4 world. I'm just happy to have aftermarket at all.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by geight8you
thanks for posting the link, ......hhm i dont know about that, looks a little to cheap and gheto, but it may work decent, intense has had some pretty bad reviews and issues, do you have that intake on your gxp??
i dont but i know Mike aka MPGEagle has it on his GXP and he has had no issues drivin in the winters and rain.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

If I was a GXP guy I'd probably do Intense. It's quick, easy and been done. I just really liked how clean the Wbody store's was.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

yea thats why im interested in it, not to sure i like the piping on the intense kit plus that tubbing looks like it may be restrictive do to turbulence from what appear to be bellows on the pipe/tubbing they supply..??
Old 03-19-2010, 07:31 AM
Launching!

Oh yeah! Sweet. I'm new to the game here and this is what I've been looking for. I didn't want a K&N because as stated earlier, they look just like heat traps.
The intense one will get the job done i'm sure, but in my opinion it looks cheap. Like you stole the part off the clothes dryer.

Has anyone put a Wbodystore one in a GXP? Fitment? Issues?

Something about cutting up a car you've had 2 weeks... just love it. ha.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

The Intense one is smooth on the inside of the piping. I got it for $60.00 almost 2 1/2 years ago. I have run it in the rain, snow, you name it... Never has failed me. It gives a Ram-Air effect since the air filter sits right behind the angled opening below the driving lights. There is no cutting anything with the Intense one. This is on GXP's, not sure about the other LS4's. For the money I couldn't go wrong...

-Mike
Old 03-19-2010, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

I like my CAI, had a FWI on my old GP and to be honest I did not see a benefit over the CAI. CAI is easier to work on too.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Launching!

I have a JMB on order, it's a nice looking piece for sure.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mgpeagle
The Intense one is smooth on the inside of the piping. I got it for $60.00 almost 2 1/2 years ago. I have run it in the rain, snow, you name it... Never has failed me. It gives a Ram-Air effect since the air filter sits right behind the angled opening below the driving lights. There is no cutting anything with the Intense one. This is on GXP's, not sure about the other LS4's. For the money I couldn't go wrong...

-Mike
nice ill be picking one up with the order of the transgo shift kit from tep tomorrow, what was the install like on the intense fwi, any noticeable difference in performance/sound?