LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

W body Store fenderwell intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DieselPump
that's pretty lame.

Now I'm not looking so forward to getting this intake.

Too bad I already ordered it last week...damn
If it makes you feel any better, I feel like it might have gotten rid of that flat spot around 5000-redline.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's some weak sauce. Someone has to find out if it'll work, unfortunately it was AG.

Any installed pics?
Old 03-24-2010, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe it's time to show the pics?
Old 03-24-2010, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

Looks just like the ones provided earlier, except I haven't got a hold of a cutoff wheel to clean mine up. I'd like to do that and build a box before showing it off.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AlabamaGuy
Looks just like the ones provided earlier, except I haven't got a hold of a cutoff wheel to clean mine up. I'd like to do that and build a box before showing it off.
Dude, what part of "Can we get non AOL (oh, lol, the 90s) pictures?" do you not understand?

Those are webmail pictures attached to your account. So unless you want to give everyone your sign in credentials, upload them!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

I only see x's
Old 03-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Launching!

So what's going on with this? Did you get this worked out? Was it in fact the wrong kit? Does the right kit work? Can you post up some pics?
Old 03-30-2010, 07:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by indynotch50
So what's going on with this? Did you get this worked out? Was it in fact the wrong kit? Does the right kit work? Can you post up some pics?
It's the right kit. I'd prefer a true Fenderwell. I'm going to be modifying it here soon so no pics yet.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:53 PM
12 Second Club

Kit does work. Driving around with it right now. It's just not pretty and I'm going to have to build a box for it, and the filter is a crappy off brand.

So guys, once again I'm the test mule for the LS4 people. Now you know what you're getting if you're wanting to buy this intake.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh......................
Old 03-31-2010, 07:02 AM
Launching!

So will this kit work on a GXP just fine or are the chassis that similar to where it wouldn't fit on either?
Old 03-31-2010, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

So will this kit work on a GXP just fine or are the chassis that similar to where it wouldn't fit on either?
The pics he sent me are on a GXP and it appears to fit the same as my SS.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:51 PM
Launching!

So basically the W body store is selling a kit that doesn't work and using the excuse it is a supplier part. It would make sense to me that you would take them off the market until you (the owner) knows for certain the kit works. Instead of selling it to people then essentially saying "sorry about your luck, but I don't acutally make". But the fact of the matter is that YOU are selling the kit. The owner expressed frustration that his company would be flamed because you (alabam guy) simply recieved the wrong kit. Now is seems it's time to really flame the W body store because he's selling a kit he doesn't even know if it fits or not.
Sorry for the rant, just ridiculous that he would get on here and try and put the blame on the company that makes the kit, but he's the one selling it, not even knowing if it's worth a crap.
I was going to buy, but now I really don't think that i will be.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

The issue id have is how they advertise it as a true fenderwell when its not. I wonder if the owner of wbodystore cares to come back to this thread.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:57 PM
TECH Junkie

I don't see why Mike is being flamed here. His other intakes work...I've installed them myself one a GXP. The point is he (Mike) gets them from somebody else. And they require some fitting if its not a GXP. It's obviously not going to work well in a monte carlo...because it takes some fitting to work in a GXP. I don't see how you were saying it wouldn't fit on a GXP, because I have bought and installed that same one on a friend's car.

I am willing to say that if you would have reasoned with Mike first before he had to come in here respond to this thread, he would have righted your deal and provided you with the advertised parts. I have done plenty of business with him, the man isn't out to screw people.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
I don't see why Mike is being flamed here. His other intakes work...I've installed them myself one a GXP. The point is he (Mike) gets them from somebody else. And they require some fitting if its not a GXP. It's obviously not going to work well in a monte carlo...because it takes some fitting to work in a GXP. I don't see how you were saying it wouldn't fit on a GXP, because I have bought and installed that same one on a friend's car.

I am willing to say that if you would have reasoned with Mike first before he had to come in here respond to this thread, he would have righted your deal and provided you with the advertised parts. I have done plenty of business with him, the man isn't out to screw people.
So the intake you installed fit like pictured on thier website? I'm just curious because I'd like a true fenderwell intake.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
So the intake you installed fit like pictured on thier website? I'm just curious because I'd like a true fenderwell intake.
Yes, I had my buddy purchase his true FWI and I installed it just fine on a GXP. I did however receive some products (gaskets) from him that had a ZZP business card and decal in it. Perhaps if Mike's stock is low, he buys from other companies.

You, having an Imp, may not be able to fit a proper FWI without some cutting and fab work. Imps/Montes don't have the open space behind the headlight that continues into the fender.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
No it did not. Not even close.

I'll try to take some pics this week.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Launching!

That's great that you have bought stuff of Mike and like doing business with him.
But myself, as a potential customer, cannot look at this and know that if I order, it will be correct, fit as described, come with parts it says it does, and that if it doesn't, Mike will be right there to resolve the situation as if it were his own personal car.
Instead it looks like I stand a good chance of ordering this, it doesn't fit, then I contact them, they say it's the suppliers fault i got the wrong kit, we exchange kits, maybe it works maybe it doesn't. Then if it doesn't i'm left to modify it myself or try and fight to get my money back...
I'm not saying he's a bad guy and out to screw us. but from my viewpoint as a customer, I'd like to see better from a vendor.
Again i'm not saying this to just flame the guy, may be a great person, but this is the situation. I think a lot of people are in the same boat I am, wanting to mod a car but very uncertain what we're going to be getting into.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:57 PM
TECH Addict

That's how it is sometimes. Especially with a platform that has little to no corporate aftermarket support.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:30 PM
TECH Junkie

That's great that you have bought stuff of Mike and like doing business with him.
But myself, as a potential customer, cannot look at this and know that if I order, it will be correct, fit as described, come with parts it says it does, and that if it doesn't, Mike will be right there to resolve the situation as if it were his own personal car.
Instead it looks like I stand a good chance of ordering this, it doesn't fit, then I contact them, they say it's the suppliers fault i got the wrong kit, we exchange kits, maybe it works maybe it doesn't. Then if it doesn't i'm left to modify it myself or try and fight to get my money back...
I'm not saying he's a bad guy and out to screw us. but from my viewpoint as a customer, I'd like to see better from a vendor.
Again i'm not saying this to just flame the guy, may be a great person, but this is the situation. I think a lot of people are in the same boat I am, wanting to mod a car but very uncertain what we're going to be getting into.
Nobody is holding a gun to your head to buy that part. Hell, go buy a K&N piece that for sure fits/works on a IMP/MC. This whole thread is pretty much one big moot point...the OP bought a part that specifically doesn't fit on his car in the first place without serious modification. Whether it will fits/maybe fits/fits with some modification on a GXP is out of the question. That's pretty clear to me. I don't see how you can blame a guy for selling that. The problem if it doesn't fit/didn't come with the correct hardware is then stuck in on the manufacturer. Mike/WBS doesn't make those. JMB makes them, and they get orders forwarded to them by the WBS. AG should have contacted WBS first, then gotten the manufacturer info from Mike and taken it up with that company.

It says, straight from the WBS:

Intakes are made to order and take 3 - 5 business days for powdercoating.
__AND__

Installation Notes - Please note that cutting of the inner fender brace is necessary on W bodies which makes this one of the more difficult intakes to install. Please email us if you have problems with the install and cut/ modified intakes can not be warranted under any circumstances.

Mike even says in his post in this thread:

The JMB intakes are one of probably 4 products that we don't have any hand in once the order is placed. We simply forward the order to JMB at which point they make and ship the intake. Unfortunately we can't bring assembly of this in house since we don't powdercoat here and we can't exactly stock them because there are over 100 combinations of intakes that we carry.
I guarantee that had this been me, I would have realized my mistake buying an assembly that doesn't work with my car, contacted Mike, exchanged the parts, been credited my money or purchased another intake that fit.

Quick Reply: W body Store fenderwell intake