LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

W body Store fenderwell intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default W body Store fenderwell intake

I got my intake today....no way in hell this thing even comes close to fitting. It doesn't even have a provision for the MAF. Several other complaints:

Knock off filter, not the K&N as described
No fenderwell block off plate, as described
No instructions, as described

It did come with a 2 foot piece of wire loom that's there for no apparent reason, as well as several machine screws and spacers that don't go to anything.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would file a complaint, that's false advertising. I never trusted wbodystore because I don't think they give a phone number on their website. I went to Kustom Workz (my local auto personalizing place), and I wanted to get a grille made. So I told them to look on wbodystore, and they said they wouldn't trust them because they never gave a phone number. Just my thoughts on wbodystore.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

dude that sucks. send that **** back.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

That sucks, you should have tried Intense Racing. I bought a fenderwell intake from them for my SC'd Bonneville and it worked great.

http://intense-racing.com/Merchant2/...=LSx_Induction
Old 03-22-2010, 06:11 PM
TECH Addict

Oh, it's going back. I've never had a problem with them before. They were the same people that supplied the SHO aftermarket for years. The problem here is that the intake is actually made out of house. It's a JBM or whatever intake. Either way, it's going back.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Um maybe because the FWI is for the GXP only...
Old 03-22-2010, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ouch.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:30 PM
TECH Resident

i ordered my gauge pod and catless dp from the wbodystore. The gauge pod came in 3 weeks and after a month of waiting i had to email them to ask about the dp. After 2 months i got the down pipe but with a little hole in the flex part from a weld, it doesn't seem to go all the way through but still that place sucks. The welds were done by someone just learning, i almost thought i was going to have to grind the crap welds out and put some new ones in.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:02 PM

I really get frustrated when people come on forums without first waiting for us to respond to their email. If there are this many issues with the kit, my first inclination would be to assume that I received the wrong kit. That's one problem instead of many which certainly isn't any less frustrating but it's like receiving a supercharger kit for a Mustang instead of a Camaro and then listing each individual part that is wrong/ missing.

It appears you did indeed just received the wrong kit. For whatever reason it sounds like they sent you a 3800 kit, and an incomplete one at that. The JMB intakes are one of probably 4 products that we don't have any hand in once the order is placed. We simply forward the order to JMB at which point they make and ship the intake. Unfortunately we can't bring assembly of this in house since we don't powdercoat here and we can't exactly stock them because there are over 100 combinations of intakes that we carry.

That said, this is probably the first complaint I've received of someone receiving an incorrect intake from JMB and we've sold hundreds (if not over 1000) of these intakes. As I noted in the response to your email, get us your order number and I'll make sure the problem is resolved.

For future reference, it's much appreciated when you give us a chance to resolve a problem prior to making a post like this. If you contact us and then we end up not taking care of the situation then go nuts but it's rather disheartening when I see posts like this, especially considering the strides we've taken over the last 12 months to get almost every order out same day.

Our orders have increased, our sales have increased, our shipping times have gotten quicker and our order errors have decreased. That said, errors will happen and it sounds like that was the case here.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

that sucks... hopefully they give you your money back without making it complicated or anything. I was thinking about getting the k&n set up and running like a 2" air tube or something to the CAI box and mounting like a air scoop behind the bottom grill so that while your moving air is flowing into the scoop and right to the filter
Old 03-22-2010, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like this intake, but I'm still skeptical about cutting.

Bama - it looks like you won't have any issues resloving this issue, please post pics of the install.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mike Kopstain
I really get frustrated when people come on forums without first waiting for us to respond to their email. If there are this many issues with the kit, my first inclination would be to assume that I received the wrong kit. That's one problem instead of many which certainly isn't any less frustrating but it's like receiving a supercharger kit for a Mustang instead of a Camaro and then listing each individual part that is wrong/ missing.

It appears you did indeed just received the wrong kit. For whatever reason it sounds like they sent you a 3800 kit, and an incomplete one at that. The JMB intakes are one of probably 4 products that we don't have any hand in once the order is placed. We simply forward the order to JMB at which point they make and ship the intake. Unfortunately we can't bring assembly of this in house since we don't powdercoat here and we can't exactly stock them because there are over 100 combinations of intakes that we carry.

That said, this is probably the first complaint I've received of someone receiving an incorrect intake from JMB and we've sold hundreds (if not over 1000) of these intakes. As I noted in the response to your email, get us your order number and I'll make sure the problem is resolved.

For future reference, it's much appreciated when you give us a chance to resolve a problem prior to making a post like this. If you contact us and then we end up not taking care of the situation then go nuts but it's rather disheartening when I see posts like this, especially considering the strides we've taken over the last 12 months to get almost every order out same day.

Our orders have increased, our sales have increased, our shipping times have gotten quicker and our order errors have decreased. That said, errors will happen and it sounds like that was the case here.

I understand your concern but it was noted that it was not Wbodystore's issue, but the manufacturer of the intake. I even said that I'd always had good business with the company when others said they suspected shady business activity. I promise as soon as the issue was resolved the thread would have been updated. No need to get upset, but at the time there was no evidence that it was in fact the wrong intake. Even if it was, it's still not as described on the website. I received a filter that probably costs $20 when I bought one that retails for around $60, there is no block off plate, and no instructions. Even if I had ordered the intake I received there are still issues with it. The aftermarket customers should know that it may not be exactly what they are ordering.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Launching!

That stinks, I've heard promising things about both the Intake and WBODYSTORE...

Seems like it's just a mixxup..Im guessing that's the owner of the store, who posted above...Doesn't really seem like it's their fault
Old 03-22-2010, 11:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Model16
That stinks, I've heard promising things about both the Intake and WBODYSTORE...

Seems like it's just a mixxup..Im guessing that's the owner of the store, who posted above...Doesn't really seem like it's their fault
Correct, as stated several times above. It's the intake manufacturer, not Wbodystore.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:16 AM
TECH Junkie

No ****, Mike Kopstain in the house? That's legit...I've ordered some parts before, he's the man.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Model16

You'll notice WBS never apologized for the error (we don't know if it is theirs or the vendor THEY chose to use, but they are the seller and ultimately responsible to ensure the correct product is shipped out.) They did make assignment of blame; the customer who did not get the proper product, nor the instructions for which they paid got zinged for having the temerity to complain in a forum that might have feedback on how to make (as far as he knew) the product work. Nor was the fundamental problem that the intake they did sell WILL NOT WORK in his particular application, had he even gotten it! Now, the case could be made that the buyer should have not have blindly assumed that a product listed under a w-body specific store as fitting Monte Carlo would actually fit on his particular w-body Monte Carlo, but it is not an unreasonable assumption for someone to make. WBS guy never did offered to help alleviate the situation in his post, only blamed the messenger. To me, that says that he (and by extension, the company) is inflexible and cannot take criticism or accept the responsibility that a company needs to take to ensure a reasonable transaction. I won't be buying anything from them any time soon.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^ its noted on the product information that on mcss and iss cutting is involved for install
Old 03-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Launching!

I also placed an order for this intake last week, so we'll see what arrives when I get it and I'll post up my experiences.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
^^^ its noted on the product information that on mcss and iss cutting is involved for install
I am aware of that but the tube is no where near long enough to reach the fenderwell, even if I used the stock tubing from the MAF to the TB. I got the wrong product, simple as that. It was an error on the part of the supplier, not WBS. He has corrected the problem or the wrong intake, the only complaint is that the product still is not as described.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AlabamaGuy
I am aware of that but the tube is no where near long enough to reach the fenderwell, even if I used the stock tubing from the MAF to the TB. I got the wrong product, simple as that. It was an error on the part of the supplier, not WBS. He has corrected the problem or the wrong intake, the only complaint is that the product still is not as described.
I get you 100%. I'm sure we've discussed this in another thread. My post was to 06 SS who thought the correct part wouldn't fit.

AG - are you getting the right product any time soon? If the cutting isn't too bad I plan on getting this intake. Intake temps would be a lot nicer.

Quick Reply: W body Store fenderwell intake