LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Diablo Sport Predator U8000- 08GXP Tune?? HELP?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010 | 03:46 PM
Launching!

Default Diablo Sport Predator U8000- 08GXP Tune?? HELP?

Hey all,

My old man came down with his new Camaro SS and brought his Diablo Sport Predator U8000. Well, guess my question is, can i tune my 08 GXP with it. I went to the website and they only go up to 06. Thats bullshit. Does anyone have a tune or can kinda help me out with this.

Can i upload a tune to the programmer for my 08 GXP and keep his SS tune in there as well? Will this tuner even work?

I cant believe they support 05-06 GXP's and SS impala's/Monte's but nothing past that??

Thanks in advance!

Greg
Old 06-21-2010 | 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

To my knowledge no, you cannot use the U8000 on our cars. U7191 supports 06's, but any other year IDK.
Old 06-21-2010 | 04:53 PM
Launching!

Yeah i thought about just plugging it in and see what happens...
Old 06-21-2010 | 06:12 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor
10 Year Member

as I mentioned in our email exchange, no, you can not use it on your 08 gxp... GM used different ecm's after 06...

PLUS, you can only tune one vehicle at a time with them anyway, so if your dad's camaro is tuned with it already, then it is locked to his car and you can not use it...

PLUS, if it's for his 2010 camaro, then it's a U7194 model predator - which won't even work on ls4 cars at all anyway because it's totally the wrong model predator...

so, three strikes, you're out...

hehe...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 06-21-2010 | 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
as I mentioned in our email exchange, no, you can not use it on your 08 gxp... GM used different ecm's after 06...

PLUS, you can only tune one vehicle at a time with them anyway, so if your dad's camaro is tuned with it already, then it is locked to his car and you can not use it...

PLUS, if it's for his 2010 camaro, then it's a U7194 model predator - which won't even work on ls4 cars at all anyway because it's totally the wrong model predator...

so, three strikes, you're out...

hehe...
hey lew, what is the difference in the trinity and the predator? i know you say pick the trinity but theres quite a price difference and i was just wondering what the advantages are over the predator.
Old 06-21-2010 | 07:36 PM
Launching!

DAAAMNIT!

Well, i guess I need a Superchips Cortex Programmer........

Anyone have any insight on those?

TANKS!

Greg
Old 06-21-2010 | 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get Hp tuners.
Old 06-23-2010 | 05:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte_with_a_LS4
hey lew, what is the difference in the trinity and the predator? i know you say pick the trinity but theres quite a price difference and i was just wondering what the advantages are over the predator.
more features... easier to use... better logging... easier to import/export tune files... will have an update for it that will enable you to tune more than one vehicle at a time... will have an update for it for the tcm/tranny support when that testing is done and it's released...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 06-23-2010 | 06:22 PM
TECH Addict

more features... easier to use... better logging... easier to import/export tune files... will have an update for it that will enable you to tune more than one vehicle at a time... will have an update for it for the tcm/tranny support when that testing is done and it's released...
sounds like a nice little unit!!
Old 06-23-2010 | 08:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp
sounds like a nice little unit!!
I was thinking about going this route but there is still no eta on when the tcm update will be released.
Old 06-23-2010 | 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Haulin_Ls4_GxP
I was thinking about going this route but there is still no eta on when the tcm update will be released.
im guessing if i bought this today i would just beable to update it so all the new stuff that is coming out would work with it?
Old 06-24-2010 | 08:00 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte_with_a_LS4
im guessing if i bought this today i would just beable to update it so all the new stuff that is coming out would work with it?
correct... the updates are free/downloadable as they become available...

so when a new update is available, you just restore original backup stock tune to your car... download the update file, apply/load it to the trinity... then reinstall the tune to your car and you're good to go....

and no need to buy a separate usb/serial cable and power adapter for it either... it comes with everything it needs... it uses a single usb cable to connect to your pc and gets its power from that as well....

Old 06-24-2010 | 03:30 PM
Launching!

What about Apple people??? Like me??
Old 06-25-2010 | 09:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 98GTcoupe
What about Apple people??? Like me??
diablo's software are all Windows apps...

so Apple people would need to run Windows on their MAC... using something like Parallels Desktop or Bootcamp...

Quick Reply: Diablo Sport Predator U8000- 08GXP Tune?? HELP?