LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Maybe getting out the LS4 game..

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 10:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Natas07;13532736]I am glad I read this post! I too looked at the Charger R/T but could not pull the trigger. The looked too plain Jane and everyone around here perped theirs out!

The regular Charger R/T does look plane but if u go with a Charger R/T with the Road and Track Package (Extra 10 hp, Chin spoiler, Rear Spoiler, Leather Seats with the suede in down the middle with R/T stitched in the headrest. same interior just the like Daytonas) Daytona R/T look good as well. Regardless of how many chargers i spank, they still turn my head. and the SRT8 is in a class all by its self
Old 06-29-2010, 11:05 AM
Teching In

You are right! Just the outside looked kinda plain! I like the spolier and the wheels! They look like my trailblazer wheels. THe seats look great!

On our cars 240 hp for moded up???? WTF??? Come on now! All bark no bite!
Old 06-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Hawkins04
now everything is plastic but i did have a 04' GTP Comp G before this and it held together well
My wife has an '04 comp g. That car has over 100,000 and still drives like new and has (knock on wood) been a flawless, perfect car.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LuSe4
My wife has an '04 comp g. That car has over 100,000 and still drives like new and has (knock on wood) been a flawless, perfect car.
I'm coming back to the Pontiac world this fall for my winter car Can't beat 30 mpg, a warranty and a big safe car thats not ridiculously underpowered.

And to the Chrysler nutswingers: not sure for the extra $10k+ that you always "get what you pay for" Some cars are just overpriced because people will pay it. Note how much the unwashed masses were paying for my car upon its initial release.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

mine had 150,000 on it and i hate to say it but it was more realiable than my 06' gxp with 87,000. only thing bad was the tranny slipping but the last 50k or more were very hard miles
Old 06-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SSCoop

The regular Charger R/T does look plane but if u go with a Charger R/T with the Road and Track Package
Wait the Charger Road/Track with the Road and Track package??????!!!! A little redundant, but it is a Dodge...
Old 06-29-2010, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JP_GXP
Wait the Charger Road/Track with the Road and Track package??????!!!! A little redundant, but it is a Dodge...
Yeah thats dodge for u. Not to mention those seats are racing seats and more comfortable than the impala ss seats
Old 06-29-2010, 05:06 PM
TECH Junkie

i dont get what the fuss is about. i see so many chargers out on the road. usually they are the v6 models with some stupid 22" rims or some ****. i've stomped so many r/t's too that think they can play. honestly its an overweight, bland 4 door car that is underpowered and too pricey. how does that turn heads?

sure the srt-8 is the big daddy badass car and i should be shaking in my general motors issued boots. but fwiw, i yanked one when i sprayed him from a low roll. the look on his face as i walked on by was great. yeah whatever, i probably beat the driver but anything with a curb weight over 4k and "fast" are tough to combine in the same sentence. trust me, when I took out my spare, jack, subs, rear seats and ran, the monte gets its beast mode on. shows you how important weight is when building/modding a car.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:22 PM
Teching In

I'll believe it when I see it. Chances are, I'll never see it. So, NO, I don't believe you.
It's funny how defensive you all get.
Some of you I am surprised are old enough to be legally licensed to drive.
I base my comments on how childish your remarks have been throughout this entire thread.
Not all of you.
Those of you who realize what I am saying are not included in my generalization.

For your reading enjoyment. From the LS1 pages on this board

Last edited by GXP303; 06-29-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Staging Lane

Let me hop in on this discussion because I can see what SScoop is saying. The GXP and Monte owners are in a different boat than us Impala owners. IMHO the Montes look great and the GXP looks good too, but the Impalas are plain jane on the outside and in. I like my Impala and whether its faster than a Charger R/T or not I'd go with the Charger if I could've gotten similar features for the same price. I'm not gonna argue which is faster or which costs what, but I am gonna say the Impala SS is not as attractive as a Charger R/T. I think the Charger cop cars look bad *** and the Impala cop cars look average. I'm not a fan boy either way and I don't care which car is faster. Anyone looking for the fastest 4 door sedan for drag racing didn't come to the right place if they bought either car.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GXP303
I'll believe it when I see it. Chances are, I'll never see it. So, NO, I don't believe you.
I base my comments on how childish your remarks have been throughout this entire thread.
Not all of you.
Those of you who realize what I am saying are not included in my generalization.

i have a feeling this is gonna be the new bdyman (i think thats what his name was)
Old 06-29-2010, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp
i have a feeling this is gonna be the new bdyman (i think thats what his name was)
haha
Old 06-29-2010, 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nick_Nasty's_GXP
HAHAHA tell him to race you with an SR8 and we'll see what happens !!!
Are we talking about a srt8 or a sr8?
Old 06-29-2010, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

No ****. You'd have to be really narrowminded to not believe a Nitrous LS4 can't beat an SRT8 vehicle.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GXP303
Not all of you.

standard debbie downer here. how did i know that was going to be your first response. as far as the whole defensive thing, you're on car forum man. we're going to pick apart everything you say. your first post in this thread was foolishly one sided, so i called you out on it. most of these guys in here know a fair share about cars across all makes; say something out of line and there's a good chance you will get straightened up factually.

i'll take the young/childish comment as a compliment because i am young, and proud of it. actually, well done, maturity on your part...calling people you don't know childish...you're a saint

as far as the link, i dont really give two *****. I don't drive a G8 GXP and probably never will, so comparing those two cars to an LS4 car is out of left field. There are very little good dragstrips in CA. I've run my car a total of two times at the strip and it was a pain in the ***...waiting for runs, poor track prep, expensive rental, too many ricers. Thats the thing about cars, you never know whats going to happen, you can't make speed transitive (well my GXP is faster than the SRT8 but slower then my monte because). all i know is i lined up against an SRT8 and wasn't impressed. but its not like you know my mods besides the spray or anything
did that guy receive the banhammer? havent seen him in a while around these parts. must be working on his POS alero.
Originally Posted by CenTexSS
No ****. You'd have to be really narrowminded to not believe a Nitrous LS4 can't beat an SRT8 vehicle.
right????
Old 06-29-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=did that guy receive the banhammer? havent seen him in a while around these parts. must be working on his POS alero.[/QUOTE]

i could have swore i saw him post something recently but maybe it was just from me looking back at old posts. and yea hes fixing everything that was pointed out to him that was effed up
Old 06-29-2010, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rquinn19
Let me hop in on this discussion because I can see what SScoop is saying. The GXP and Monte owners are in a different boat than us Impala owners. IMHO the Montes look great and the GXP looks good too, but the Impalas are plain jane on the outside and in. I like my Impala and whether its faster than a Charger R/T or not I'd go with the Charger if I could've gotten similar features for the same price. I'm not gonna argue which is faster or which costs what, but I am gonna say the Impala SS is not as attractive as a Charger R/T. I think the Charger cop cars look bad *** and the Impala cop cars look average. I'm not a fan boy either way and I don't care which car is faster. Anyone looking for the fastest 4 door sedan for drag racing didn't come to the right place if they bought either car.
Thats all im saying. These impalas look too bland and the Charger R/T's look better IMO. As far as speed goes, yes u shouldnt go with either one but hey, the chargers get more looks. A friend of mine has a charger and he gets wayyy more looks than i do but its ok. Plus the charger is RWD and u could get a r/t with AWD something these cars dont offer. The impala is a sleeper but its just too damn plain. The montes and the gxp's are nice i wish i could have one of them but i have a plain *** boring impala
Old 06-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Banned

FWIW, mine gets A LOT more looks than any Charger would ever get, not all good looks though.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

bdyman
TECH Enthusiast
Send Message User Lists
Last Activity: Today 05:41 PM
Old 06-30-2010, 01:03 AM
Teching In

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
standard debbie downer here. how did i know that was going to be your first response. as far as the whole defensive thing, you're on car forum man. we're going to pick apart everything you say. your first post in this thread was foolishly one sided, so i called you out on it. most of these guys in here know a fair share about cars across all makes; say something out of line and there's a good chance you will get straightened up factually.

i'll take the young/childish comment as a compliment because i am young, and proud of it. actually, well done, maturity on your part...calling people you don't know childish...you're a saint

as far as the link, i dont really give two *****. I don't drive a G8 GXP and probably never will, so comparing those two cars to an LS4 car is out of left field. There are very little good dragstrips in CA. I've run my car a total of two times at the strip and it was a pain in the ***...waiting for runs, poor track prep, expensive rental, too many ricers. Thats the thing about cars, you never know whats going to happen, you can't make speed transitive (well my GXP is faster than the SRT8 but slower then my monte because). all i know is i lined up against an SRT8 and wasn't impressed. but its not like you know my mods besides the spray or anything

right????
I really don't care what mods you have.
If you put the same mods on an SRT8 who's gonna see taillights?
The answer is you.
Your neck must be sore, considering that it's having a hard time supporting
all of that heavy ego occupying space in your head. Get over yourself and
your "my car is the best in the world" crap. There are so many cars out there
that will eat you alive on the streets that it's pathetic.
I see you have your teeny bopper followers on this site which only
feeds your ego that much more and makes your neck even more sore.
People like you, in my experience, are all talk and no show.
Please.

Snack on this

Now That's a REAL Monte Carlo. Pure Beastial Raw Untarnished HORSEPOWER.

Did you take notice of the Chargers time? Did someone say STOCK?

Last edited by GXP303; 06-30-2010 at 01:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Maybe getting out the LS4 game..