LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Potential 3" Exhaust Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 06:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good work on getting a 3" kit going. I paid 1000 for my custom setup.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

is it on yet!?!?!?! sorry cant wait to hear it
Old 11-11-2011, 02:38 PM
TECH Regular

whats the size of the magnaflow kit?
Old 11-11-2011, 06:00 PM
TECH Resident

^^2.5" IIRC.

What kind of mufflers are they putting on these?
Old 11-11-2011, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Not sure about when a sound byte will be available, I'm not doing the testing and I guess he's having some issues lining up schedules with the guy in the area. Should hear more early next week I would guess.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:03 AM
TECH Regular

If this kit does not come with mufflers wouldn't we be better off just buying a magnaflow system? What real benefits would we get between a 2.5" or 3" system?
Old 11-12-2011, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteGXP313
If this kit does not come with mufflers wouldn't we be better off just buying a magnaflow system? What real benefits would we get between a 2.5" or 3" system?
Not if you want a 3" setup,if you want 2-1/2" yes it would be better to by the magnaflow kit
Old 11-12-2011, 12:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT
Not if you want a 3" setup,if you want 2-1/2" yes it would be better to by the magnaflow kit
right but is there any real benefit to get the 3"? Im only asking this because this 3" kit will end up costing around $750 with 2 new mufflers and new tips
Old 11-12-2011, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

right but is there any real benefit to get the 3"? Im only asking this because this 3" kit will end up costing around $750 with 2 new mufflers and new tips
Someone touched on this already I believe.

The group buy is under the assumption the system would be piping only, no reso, no mufflers, SOUTH of $300 shipped. Unless you plan on spending $450 on mufflers and tips you can get out with a custom exhaust for far less than that. Which those on the GB want something they can DIY so that is the benefit.

From my understanding he also developed or is developing an entire system that he will continue to sell off-the-shelf, to include mufflers:

[B]"We are looking at $525 for a SS 3" dual system, $450 for a ALU 3" dual system. Thats complete muffs and all. If you wanted just piping it would be much cheaper. "

I had no idea he was developing an entire system based on the GB interest, which is great for the LS4 community. There are enough headers + magnaflow combos out there.

================================================== ===
I asked what "Muffs and all" means and I haven't heard back.

I also asked about the kind of mufflers or sound of the system and I haven't heard back.

This is being daisy chained from the forum to me, to Mark to his "exhaust" guy and back and it hasn't been the quickest process.

So be patient I'm sure we will here more this coming week.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

I really hate to say this especially after all of the effort that went into trying to make this work for everyone..this GB is currently DEAD in the water and I don't really expect any of it to pan out at this point. This guy has been giving me/us the run-around now since August and I'm done playing the liaison role here. None of this is materializing and has in the end been a complete waste of time.

This Mark fellow has been very unwilling to use his time/money/energy to make any part of this work and from the complete lack of e-mail communication and actual follow through lately, I do not expect anything to come of this. He actually won't spend ANY time or money of his own to hang/fit a system himself. All 3 hours worth right...

In-fact he won't even cover the return shipping to send it to me so I can fit it myself, do a sound byte and even dyno it and return it...all which I have been volunteering for free if he can just cover the return shipping or let me keep the test system with a discount.

Really disappointed I couldn't bring this to the forum. I'm sure we can find an actual shop not the middle man who can make something happen for everyone.

If he does end up producing stuff I sure as **** won't be buying it just based on my opinion of him.

Sorry this didnt work out the way we wanted it.

Quick Reply: Potential 3" Exhaust Group Buy