LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Electronics/Electrical LS4 Wish List

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronics/Electrical LS4 Wish List

Wondering if anyone out there had suggestions or a wish-list for electronics or electrical modifications to the LS4, doesn't really matter what it is IMO just would like to hear what people think would be cool to have or upgrade.

I know for me an 08' car not having a aux port really irks me and the off-the-shelf aux mod I've seen is so stupidly overpriced I don't even want to get into that.

So yeah any thoughts? Sky is the limit.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by redlightrampage
Wondering if anyone out there had suggestions or a wish-list for electronics or electrical modifications to the LS4, doesn't really matter what it is IMO just would like to hear what people think would be cool to have or upgrade.

I know for me an 08' car not having a aux port really irks me and the off-the-shelf aux mod I've seen is so stupidly overpriced I don't even want to get into that.

So yeah any thoughts? Sky is the limit.
Yeah that's that you don't have an aux port. I thought they were standard for the SS'? I live by mine lol I never listen to the radio anymore.

On topic, I would love to have an upgraded sound system from the factory. Even just something like the Monsoon setup would be sweet. I've already upgraded my speakers but the stock setup sounded like dog ****. I'm still trying to find a couple rattles in the doors when the music is turned up
Old 10-29-2011, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The SS cars have the newer 29-bit GMLAN so it allows for the newer factory audio systems to bolt right in,and most of them have the aux port. The Grand Prix has the older class 2 architecture, and GM didn't do much, if any, development on those radios past about 2004 or so.

Since none of the GM class 2 radios had the aux port, you are at the mercy of the aftermarket, which is a bummer.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hate how my monsoon system carries a line noise even at minimum volume. It sounds good when your bumpin' it, but I can tell it's cheap. I'll eventually swap the head unit out.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like a lot of ppl not happy with the audio systems...what about other stuff like engine/bcm related? Sensors, gauges, capability whatever.

I think it would be cool to incorporate AFR to one of the menus on the DIC or even better on the HUD. Not that long of a shot lol.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get enough people together and I'm sure he'll get some stuff done. He does some other stuff with other GM vehicles.

Maybe a DoD/AFM indicator in the fuel economy menu and definitely a DRL to parking lights mods à la 2004-2005 models. I'd also be interested in seeing if he could turn off the G force warning message as well.

The website's only open on weekends...

http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/ind...mart&Itemid=54
Old 10-29-2011, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I may give it a go myself if I can get enough information about the BCM. I need to start somewhere... and that would probably be its location lol. Is it hiding near the glovebox or what's the easiest way to get to it?
Old 10-29-2011, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by redlightrampage
Yeah I may give it a go myself if I can get enough information about the BCM. I need to start somewhere... and that would probably be its location lol. Is it hiding near the glovebox or what's the easiest way to get to it?
You program?

The BCM is located behind the trim piece in front of your knee below the steering wheel.

Simply pop off the left side plastic piece near the driver door and you'll see one of its connectors (C2 IIRC).
Old 11-01-2011, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Anything?
Old 11-01-2011, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

Didn't subscribe whoops...I've been doing a bunch of research and this isn't going to be an easy task. I can program but I would probably need either the compiled program, a binary file and the compiler and an SDK to communicate to the BCM. Tech 2 would help but I don't have access to that and it is muy expensivo. I checked out the protocols and it's just UART via CAN which I had a chance to play around with at Delphi. I'm going to see what kind of 3rd party software I can use to maybe communicate with the BCM via my laptop though the ODBII, I'm sure it's possible just don't know how to make it happen. CANalyzer would be GREAT to have to see how things communicate and also to monitor all bus traffic and even control it but that **** is expensive too. Not giving up yet though I have a few other ideas.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

I would like to see an easy way to take the power supply from the rear view mirror and be able to apply it to, say, a radar detector. I can't stand having my cord running down past the stereo.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i wish mine had a trans temp gauge
Old 11-02-2011, 12:26 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MillerMonteSS
I would like to see an easy way to take the power supply from the rear view mirror and be able to apply it to, say, a radar detector. I can't stand having my cord running down past the stereo.
Done

http://store.blendmount.com/radar-de...ring-c214.aspx

full site:
blendmount.com
Old 12-22-2011, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

*bump*
Old 12-23-2011, 01:10 AM
On The Tree

Heh good idea. I haven't had a chance to look into this yet been busy :/