LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

ls4 injectors on ls6 rail

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 09:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls4 injectors on ls6 rail

Well folks,

I'm trying to tidy up some of the last steps here.
I've got injector top hats for ls3 to ls2 height adaptation. This was purchased in discussion with fuel injection connection.

In retrospect, this is wrong. To make this right/work I need to do the following:
- buy ls6 o-rings (lower + upper)
- buy ls4 upper o-rings (for injector to top hat)

Does this sound right?

This would leave me with ls6 upper on the top hat to the rail, ls4 from the injector to the top hat and ls6 on the bottom of the ls4 injector to mate up to the ls6 intake. I've been told ls4 injectors are important for tuning on my e67 ecm.

Thoughts?
Old 10-18-2015, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The LS4 injectors are great for NA applications since they are some of the largest LS injectors available. The issue with the E67 is that there are sooooo many tables for injectors that changing them to non oem injectors leaves you in the dark about how to get them to operate properly. Most of the time you can copy from other hptune stock files if you use injectors from another car but again you run into the issue with filling in alot of tables that you just dont have data for. The o-rings are an easy fix because you can pick up oring kits for a couple bucks on rockauto that should solve any problem you have with fitment.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:51 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

There are only 4 tables you need why not use the ls4 rail with the offset mount point adapters
Old 10-18-2015, 10:52 PM

Also tables would not need to be changed since he's keeping the ls4 fuel injectors. Personally i would just buy ls4 injectors to make it all a nice fit
Old 10-19-2015, 05:06 AM
Launching!

91, any examples of the offset mount point adapters?

I fully intend to re-use ls4 injectors (hence the top hats). I just wanted to make sure I'm along the right lines/path on utilizing these top hats appropriately.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:09 PM
Launching!

Alright so the company sent me top hats without o-rings on them and a set of black o-rings separate..

I asked for the o-rings for the injector spacers/adapters and got sent a set with blue o-rings pre-installed.

I am beyond confused as to what I need for what here... is there any measurements or anything I can take to double check everything?

I was going to assume the black o-rings go on my LS4 injector to fit in the LS6 manifold and that the blue's will fit the top hats to the LS6 rail...
Old 10-29-2015, 06:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike The Canadian
Alright so the company sent me top hats without o-rings on them and a set of black o-rings separate..

I asked for the o-rings for the injector spacers/adapters and got sent a set with blue o-rings pre-installed.

I am beyond confused as to what I need for what here... is there any measurements or anything I can take to double check everything?

I was going to assume the black o-rings go on my LS4 injector to fit in the LS6 manifold and that the blue's will fit the top hats to the LS6 rail...
The top O-rings should all be the same IIRC. It's the bottom ones that differ in size, the ones that seat in to the manifold.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:06 AM

Just make sure you lube all your o rings the black ones or the "thinner" ones are the ones that seat into the manifol
Old 10-29-2015, 06:53 AM
Launching!

Alright perfect - blue = top hat into ls6 rail, black = ls4 injector into ls6 manifold and I can re-use my ls4 top o-rings to seat into the top hat.

What's the best thing to lube these with?
Old 10-29-2015, 06:53 AM
Launching!

Alright perfect - blue = top hat into ls6 rail, black = ls4 injector into ls6 manifold and I can re-use my ls4 top o-rings to seat into the top hat.

What's the best thing to lube these with?
Old 10-29-2015, 07:04 AM

Just some clean motor oil, wipe on with your finger

Quick Reply: ls4 injectors on ls6 rail