LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Replacing wheel bearing on GP GXP

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 01:26 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rottonj
Maybe mine is over inflated then, its not even close.
I seem to recall having to deflate my spare a bit to get it all the way down. I carry a small air pump with me so I am not worried about it.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Carrying a spare and an air pump in the trunk, probably killing the remove everything extra for race weight crowd here lol. On a side note, any wife who drives a modded Z28 is a keeper for sure. I'ma big fan, having owned more than 20 F-bodys(15 Z28's, 5 Formulas,3 Trans Ams). When i told my wife I am getting rid of the GXP for another Firebird or Trans Am she was not amused
Old 08-29-2016, 02:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm ok with a little "hump" from the spare wheel well. I know that I won't be stranded if a tire blows.

FYI, I have jacked the car up on the main frame piece under the engine for the front with no problem. For, the rear, I jacked it up on the "rear suspension" subframe in the middle. I put a small towel under it so it was not metal on metal, and it supported it fine and did not bow it in.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:42 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 5.0stang
I'm ok with a little "hump" from the spare wheel well. I know that I won't be stranded if a tire blows.

FYI, I have jacked the car up on the main frame piece under the engine for the front with no problem. For, the rear, I jacked it up on the "rear suspension" subframe in the middle. I put a small towel under it so it was not metal on metal, and it supported it fine and did not bow it in.
This was my thing. I want to have a spare in case I damage a tire bad enough on a road trip that fix a flat won't take care of it. I had a tire develop a bad enough leak once on another car that it lost most of its air during the day at work. I did not have an air pump so I had to put the spare on in my good work clothes to drive to Discount Tire only to be late and have to beg them to take care of it. At that point I decided a cheap, small pump that would have gotten the tire aired up was worth $10. So this was going to be in the GXP anyway.

Quick Reply: Replacing wheel bearing on GP GXP