LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

T1000 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T1000 Questions

I have a 07 impala ss im thinking of picking up a used t1000 diablo trinity tuner for around 200$. Has anyone used this specific tuner? and if so how reliable is it and well does it work? any info would be good thanks
Old 10-13-2016, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Also my car is stock, im thinking of doing a basic bolt ons in the future like CAI, exhaust etc. would it be better to wait until i add those less restrictive air flow parts to tune the car? any advice would be appreciated im not familiar with tuners.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

take anything diablo and direct it immediately to the trash bin
Old 10-13-2016, 10:45 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spawne addressed the Diablo lol.

As you speak if waiting before doing certain other things... I would not spend on CAI or exhaust.

Focus on suspension/handling. The benefit per dollar ratio is very high on a stock setup whereas CAI and Exhaust even with a tune is not going to pay off enough by comparison in my opinion... A few key parts go a long way in what you feel driving... you can start driving more aggressive with suspension upgrades if not drive like a demon 24/7.

(1) Lower the ride height in the front only(for now)
(2) Upgrade to "poly" top motor mount
(3) address stock lower control arm bushings and upgrade all bushings

start with something like that instead... maybe look at getting the best quality tires next... you want to be able to zip around sharp corners quickly...

Exhaust systems are notorious, in my opinion, for sounding good to you, but perhaps at the same time also to no one else... If anything, go with the quietest muffler available(if your stock ones need replacing) and install an electric exhaust cutout as well as new exhaust tips... that's better value.

Last edited by Red_Zone; 10-13-2016 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:54 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply. Can you provide some links for the suspension parts? What performance mods and tuners would you go with after those suspension upgrades are done?
Old 10-14-2016, 09:18 AM
Teching In

Also red_zone 538 WHP????? thats a crazy amount of power to those front wheels! sounds like you have much advice and expertise to offer
Old 10-14-2016, 10:27 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

OP, you'll find guys who trash our stuff who have never used it or don't realize its capabilities, but that Trinity will work great for your car, and will wake it up nicely.
Additionally you can obtain custom tunes through our CMR tuners to accommodate any mods you make moving forward, and the Trinity will hold your back and the custom tunes to make life easy.

Let me know if you need any specific information.

Thanks
Old 10-14-2016, 12:14 PM
Teching In

People seem to either love or hate the Trinity tuner. What would you say is a fair price for a used one that's 3-4 years old and only comes with the the tuner and the cable. no USB cable or windshield mount
Old 10-14-2016, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guess I need to link to my thread of the fake timing tables for the Monte ss, then you'll see you should invest in a better solution than Diablo. I'll edit this post with the link once I'm near a pc
Old 10-14-2016, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sint3k
Guess I need to link to my thread of the fake timing tables for the Monte ss, then you'll see you should invest in a better solution than Diablo. I'll edit this post with the link once I'm near a pc
What would you recommend then? Keep in mind I'm still stock so what do you think is the best value for upgrades to start with
Old 10-14-2016, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pimpala07
What would you recommend then? Keep in mind I'm still stock so what do you think is the best value for upgrades to start with

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-perfo...rk-tables.html

Heres the link so you can understand the bullshit spark tables.
That thread has almost 8000 views, and not ONE response, or denial from diablosport.

Anyways, I would go with HPtuners, allot of people have it, we can help you with it. You wont be making anymore power with it unless you gain allot of experience. But you'll be able to adjust your own transmissions gear ratio if you ever upgrade or do anything to your transmission. You can disable emission codes etc, all depends on what you want to do. Just research hptuners and you'll see its capabilities,

Last edited by Sint3k; 10-14-2016 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:03 PM
Teching In

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-perfo...rk-tables.html

Heres the link so you can understand the bullshit spark tables.
That thread has almost 8000 views, and not ONE response, or denial from diablosport.

Anyways, I would go with HPtuners, allot of people have it, we can help you with it. You wont be making anymore power with it unless you gain allot of experience. But you'll be able to adjust your own transmissions gear ratio if you ever upgrade or do anything to your transmission. You can disable emission codes etc, all depends on what you want to do. Just research hptuners and you'll see its capabilities,
ok thanks for the info. Any other recommend upgrades? Besides built transmission obviously
Old 10-14-2016, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pimpala07
ok thanks for the info. Any other recommend upgrades? Besides built transmission obviously
Personally I went straight for a Turbo. I didnt bother doing all the other stuff some of these other people have with intakes, throttle bodys, bla bla. the cartuning.ca turbo is great. Some have had bad luck with their transmissions gernading with the turbo, but im at 10,000 miles roughly without any issues. It is not my daily driver, its my weekend car and I dog it quite heavily. I'm constantly at 6,000RPMS. No problems with the engine, does not even consume oil. No misfires at all

My transmission is also the fullest built one you can get from triple edge performance + 1inch GMR chain. Your looking at 10-15k if you want to make these cars move. I kinda wish I would of saved and just went for a better platform, but the monte carlos are pretty unique imo, seeing as i never see a clean SS, ever.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:35 PM
Teching In

Personally I went straight for a Turbo. I didnt bother doing all the other stuff some of these other people have with intakes, throttle bodys, bla bla. the cartuning.ca turbo is great. Some have had bad luck with their transmissions gernading with the turbo, but im at 10,000 miles roughly without any issues. It is not my daily driver, its my weekend car and I dog it quite heavily. I'm constantly at 6,000RPMS. No problems with the engine, does not even consume oil. No misfires at all

My transmission is also the fullest built one you can get from triple edge performance + 1inch GMR chain. Your looking at 10-15k if you want to make these cars move. I kinda wish I would of saved and just went for a better platform, but the monte carlos are pretty unique imo, seeing as i never see a clean SS, ever.
yeah this is my daily driver, turbo would be amazing but like you said I'd probably rather sink that 10-15 grand into a different platform that's more efficient. Some basic upgrades that can change the feel of the car is what I'm mainly interested in for now.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I second HPTuners. And the best thing about it right out of the box you can tune 4 vehicles before needing to purchase more credits. Compare that to the Diablo products and you're money ahead. And that's not including all the different features and tuning abilities HPTuners will give you over the Diablo stuff. Only downside is you're going to have to learn yourself how to tune. But you can pick many of our brains or hop on to the HPTuners forum and search for the answers to your questions.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lVloses
I second HPTuners. And the best thing about it right out of the box you can tune 4 vehicles before needing to purchase more credits. Compare that to the Diablo products and you're money ahead. And that's not including all the different features and tuning abilities HPTuners will give you over the Diablo stuff. Only downside is you're going to have to learn yourself how to tune. But you can pick many of our brains or hop on to the HPTuners forum and search for the answers to your questions.
Sounds like that will be the way to go. Thanks for the info you all have been very knowledgeable, feel free to recommend any more mods I'm open to suggestions and also links

Quick Reply: T1000 Questions