Old 08-07-2006, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

holy back from the dead
Old 08-08-2006, 06:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KillaGXP
yeh those charger folks are something else...let them be on there high horses with there cars...personally i think they all have no style, exeptions for the daytona and srt8, and the almighty quote, gxp 1 car lead, pulled 2-3 cars by 65...funniest thing i ever herd..

On the good note am not dissapointed with the f-body fans, atleast they give respect where its do and are interested, unlike charger fans who call there admin to solve a troll problem its obviouse they dont like to hear the truth
It's really a shame. You really sound bitter with those comments. You think the car has no style. But yet Dodge sales a ton more than Pontiac. So I guess there are a millon people that think your wrong. I love the LS platform. Ive been into them for years. Hell after reading some of you guys post. Alot of u really dont deserve to own the car if you ask me. Nothing wrong with comp but dont cry because you cant mess with a 40+ thousand dollar car. If I paid all that money it better whoop your car.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Heavy H.P.
It's really a shame. You really sound bitter with those comments. You think the car has no style. But yet Dodge sales a ton more than Pontiac. So I guess there are a millon people that think your wrong. I love the LS platform. Ive been into them for years. Hell after reading some of you guys post. Alot of u really dont deserve to own the car if you ask me. Nothing wrong with comp but dont cry because you cant mess with a 40+ thousand dollar car. If I paid all that money it better whoop your car.
you can come pick on my gxp if you really think you're charger is superior
Old 08-08-2006, 12:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chrysler's products are overpriced for the performance they provide..for less than the cost of a GC SRT8 I could buy an AWD SS with a Turbo installed that runs low 12's all day long.... Just my opinion, the 5.7's aren't even worth mentioning..6.1's are the only Competition..
Old 08-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah the 5.7 Hemi is a joke especially in the Rams I raced one from a stop light in my stock 06 Silverado Z71 with the 310 horse 5.3 Vortec. He got me off the line but I owned him by 45 mph and had 4 truck lengths on him by 80 mph. Now the SRT8 Chargers with the 6.1 Hemi are fast. Yes they are pricey but they are fun to drive. I drove one at an SRT track experience. I got it up to 118 mph on a challenging 1.6 mile road course. The GTO will out handle and is faster than the SRT8 Charger and it costs over $10K less, go figure!
Old 08-08-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

i have beated a couple charger r/t's they arent that fast
Old 08-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Staging Lane

Am I on some DOdGe board?
Old 08-11-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Hey Tony! some real piece you are huh buddy??

Theres no competition with the 6.1 and stock TBSS, and you know this. Yes start talking about modding the TBSS will get you there but guess what, start modding the HEMI 5.7...see where Im going??You talk so much **** about the turbo...BLAH, BLAH....Lets talk about turbo or SC SRT8 GC then and see where you stand..! Dont talk BS about mods because you know anything can be fast. Just a matter of money these days. Shame that some OCSRT8 guys stood up for you.

So they are overpriced but sell MORE...way MORE than GM....what a mistery huh??
Old 08-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chaman
Hey Tony! some real piece you are huh buddy??

Theres no competition with the 6.1 and stock TBSS, and you know this. Yes start talking about modding the TBSS will get you there but guess what, start modding the HEMI 5.7...see where Im going??You talk so much **** about the turbo...BLAH, BLAH....Lets talk about turbo or SC SRT8 GC then and see where you stand..! Dont talk BS about mods because you know anything can be fast. Just a matter of money these days. Shame that some OCSRT8 guys stood up for you.

So they are overpriced but sell MORE...way MORE than GM....what a mistery huh??
I have to agree with Tony. Except that a SRT8 Charger will eat any stock TBSS. And before you go off on me remember that I have driven all of the SRT vehicles at a SRT event. The 5.7 Hemi just plan sucks it is no match for a LS4 let alone a LS2. Also, the SRT's are over priced. For instance the $ you save buying a TBSS over the SRT8 Cherokee, when used for performance parts the TBSS will crush the SRT8 plus it can tow.

Last edited by crippler22; 08-11-2006 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kissmyss03
i have beated a couple charger r/t's they arent that fast
Alot of you are missing my point.
But please dont get it twisted.
I will run you. If you win well.... looks like I got some motivation.

But u ^^^^ Oh I'll run you.
My brother is located in Flat Rock Michigan how far are u from there.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:27 PM
Teching In

"It's really a shame. You really sound bitter with those comments. You think the car has no style. But yet Dodge sales a ton more than Pontiac. So I guess there are a millon people that think your wrong. I love the LS platform. Ive been into them for years. Hell after reading some of you guys post. Alot of u really dont deserve to own the car if you ask me. Nothing wrong with comp but dont cry because you cant mess with a 40+ thousand dollar car. If I paid all that money it better whoop your car."

Lets see, like i said it was my opinion, in my opinion i think the base model charger and the R/T are nothing to write home about, but i do like the daytona and the srt8...Just like i dont like the comp g but love the gxp...its all my opinion...And i dont see any charger pulling 4!! cars on a gxp stock for stock up to 65, unless of course the gxp spins tires and the TMS kicks in then maybe, just maybe it could happen, most likely not tho. I know the srt8 will hand its *** to the gxp, i seen them in action at the track, sweet friggen car. Am not understanding your 40k thousand dollar quote, hope your not indicating thats what i spent. My 13.8 pass is not bad for a $25,500 FWD 4 door sedan If you think am bashing sorry, everyone has there opinion and i guess you didnt like mine lol
Old 08-12-2006, 02:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by crippler22
I have to agree with Tony. Except that a SRT8 Charger will eat any stock TBSS. And before you go off on me remember that I have driven all of the SRT vehicles at a SRT event. The 5.7 Hemi just plan sucks it is no match for a LS4 let alone a LS2. Also, the SRT's are over priced. For instance the $ you save buying a TBSS over the SRT8 Cherokee, when used for performance parts the TBSS will crush the SRT8 plus it can tow.
Well is very sad you conform with such a poor quality truck. The quality of these cars is so far beyond to almost any GM product (maybe except for the Vette, well maybe when the roof don't fly off) that justifies the SLIGHTLY (oh yes my friend, slightly) higher price. Hell there's some guys getting their hands on GCSRT8 for less (oh yes little friend, less) than the TBSS. Keep that tin can I know where performance and quality meets and its not in GM. You drove them one day and that makes you an expert, wow!, that's something you don't see everyday.

Oh and yeah I could buy a Yugo for the change I have in my pockets and add a superdupercharger and flux capacitor and crush the TBSS...hows that? I can play that game too....as I said it before...truth fu%^$ing hurts!!!
Old 08-12-2006, 02:10 AM
TECH Veteran

From a MPH review:

The interior is also from the old school, only not in a good way. Unlike newer GM models, the Trailblazer's interior is an injection-molded bog, an homage to bubbling tar. One mph staffer asked, rightly, "Is the theme of this car's interior 'some stuff piled on top of more stuff?'" It's not an uncomfortable place to be (the wing-backed seats are well bolstered), but it is an ugly one, and some of the switchgear is harder to figure out than how Danny Bonaduce affords that huge Hollywood mansion. But the SS's body looks way better than the regular Trailblazer's. All the side moldings have been removed, revealing doors that tuck in athletically between the wheelhouses. Also, the new, flush-fitting front and rear bumpers give the SS more family resemblance with the 2007 Tahoe. And, sitting lower by one inch and on 20s, there's no way you'll stick your key into someone else's Trailblazer by mistake. We'd measure that a success. That said, it would seem even more successful if it weren't for the 420-hp, like-priced Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8, based on a newer, betterhandling vehicle than the TBSS. Like we said, it can't be easy to be the guy who has to make Chevy's midsize cars, er, SUVs, into SSs.
Just so you what the rest of the world thinks of your TBSS.....
Old 08-12-2006, 02:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

"It's really a shame. You really sound bitter with those comments. You think the car has no style. But yet Dodge sales a ton more than Pontiac. So I guess there are a millon people that think your wrong. I love the LS platform. Ive been into them for years. Hell after reading some of you guys post. Alot of u really dont deserve to own the car if you ask me. Nothing wrong with comp but dont cry because you cant mess with a 40+ thousand dollar car. If I paid all that money it better whoop your car."

Lets see, like i said it was my opinion, in my opinion i think the base model charger and the R/T are nothing to write home about, but i do like the daytona and the srt8...Just like i dont like the comp g but love the gxp...its all my opinion...And i dont see any charger pulling 4!! cars on a gxp stock for stock up to 65, unless of course the gxp spins tires and the TMS kicks in then maybe, just maybe it could happen, most likely not tho. I know the srt8 will hand its *** to the gxp, i seen them in action at the track, sweet friggen car. Am not understanding your 40k thousand dollar quote, hope your not indicating thats what i spent. My 13.8 pass is not bad for a $25,500 FWD 4 door sedan If you think am bashing sorry, everyone has there opinion and i guess you didnt like mine lol
Look man all I'm sayin is I'm not new to this site. I've been here a while with other screen names. I love the LS platform. Id be in a GTO if it were not for the idiots at the GM finace company. I like you guys cars. You dont have to like mine. Yes you are intittled to your opion. Fact of the matter is reather you like it or not. The GXP and the R/T or in the same class. Hell they cost the same. Low 30's is what you can get a GXP and a R/T here in St.Louis for. Stock for stock like you said you cant mess with a SRT8. Thus for making it out of your class unless you mod your car. Also that 40k quote is for an SRT8.
I like the comp man. But sorry man some of you guys were sounding like your cars are LS1's and mine is a Mustang or somethin. I'll tell you what lookin foward to runing a GXP if i can find one on the streets here. If he beats me I'll be the first Charger owner to post here and say yeah I got spanked by a GXP. Hope this clears every thing up.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:36 AM
Teching In

It clears things up, But no stock SRT8 is pulling 4 cars on a gxp upto 65...like a said the srt8 would own a gxp, but again, no 4 cars to 65mpg
Old 08-12-2006, 08:18 AM
TECH Junkie

It clears things up, But no stock SRT8 is pulling 4 cars on a gxp upto 65...like a said the srt8 would own a gxp, but again, no 4 cars to 65mpg
why you gm guys so bitter?

for reference: my srt8 went 13.0 with 700 miles on it in decent weather- bone freakin stock to the filter. feels quite a bit faster now that it has 8000+ miles on it.

my awd 5.7 magnum went 14.11 (and its even heavier than my srt8!) with a cat-back and superchips. ive seen a couple 5.7 chargers break into the high 13 mark. one even went 13.5 i think.

you guys keep saying that the 5.7 is your competition. why are you guys comparing a 4400 lb car to one that is 3800 or less? because of hp numbers alone? why dont you compare one with the same hp to weight ratio?

yea, these cars are heavy, but guess what, they still move out good for what they are. people have a hard time looking past the weight and fail to realize that its a full size car and that back seat passengers have their own doors and can stretch their legs fully. and...we still have a trunk that you can put suitcases and dead bodys in. we wont even get into fit and finish ive owned 4 gm cars and ridden in many newer ones.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:09 AM
Teching In

Still doesnt prove that a srt8 will pull 4 cars on a gxp to 65 mph! lol thats all am getting at. i seen a stock 300c srt8 with the dealer tags still in the window go 12.9...Still doesnt prove he will pull 4 cars on a GXP to 65... You mentioned the trunk room, if the charger trunk is bigger then the gxp then wow, am super impressed seeing the trunk in the gxp can hold like 6 full size bodies lol Am not trying to get into a conflict on wich car is nicer yatta yatta, i said my opinion and thats that, can your rear doors open 90 degrees? ONGarDe LOL
Old 08-12-2006, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

my lil ol SRT4 will put a hurting on those SRT8's...

and I got a little ol trunk....
Old 08-12-2006, 10:28 AM
TECH Junkie

yea, but its still a fwd car (a neon at that) :p

the trunks are about the same. i was more referring to the gto owners :p what was your 60' and 1/8 mile time? my 1/8th was 8.41 @ 84.7 1 car is 1.5 tenths? these cars leave the line slow and climb fast past the 330.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DriveATransAm
why you gm guys so bitter?

for reference: my srt8 went 13.0 with 700 miles on it in decent weather- bone freakin stock to the filter. feels quite a bit faster now that it has 8000+ miles on it.

my awd 5.7 magnum went 14.11 (and its even heavier than my srt8!) with a cat-back and superchips. ive seen a couple 5.7 chargers break into the high 13 mark. one even went 13.5 i think.

you guys keep saying that the 5.7 is your competition. why are you guys comparing a 4400 lb car to one that is 3800 or less? because of hp numbers alone? why dont you compare one with the same hp to weight ratio?

yea, these cars are heavy, but guess what, they still move out good for what they are. people have a hard time looking past the weight and fail to realize that its a full size car and that back seat passengers have their own doors and can stretch their legs fully. and...we still have a trunk that you can put suitcases and dead bodys in. we wont even get into fit and finish ive owned 4 gm cars and ridden in many newer ones.
WORD. That's a good word right there, "bitter". This stems to me from the lack of real performance. I mean GM pumps great engines out but ***** up everything else. They put them in FWD cars, Ugly as sin cars, in all, BORING cars......no passion, no fire no aggressive styling no nothing. GM really pisses me off with there arrogance and their lack of accepting the real reason of their poor sales (ex. Aztek anyone???)

One hope still stands...new Camaro...

Quick Reply: ***GXP Runs 13.6 @102.37***