LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Free MagnaFlow exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 12:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe's SS
I live in yucca Valley and have 2006 Monte Carlo SS and would be very interested in helping, what do I need to do??
I think they have already done all the fabricating... They just haven't made it available for sale yet. Not sure whats taking them so long.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, I wonder what is taking so long. My car will be here in 2 weeks, i want to order exhaust now to have it waiting
Old 10-05-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Okay, it is released for the Imp SS, just ordered my exhaust yesterday, can't wait for it to get here
Old 10-12-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Exhaust showed up today, can't really complain about $609 shipped to my door It is getting all welded up/installed tomorrow.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by eddiemoney
Exhaust showed up today, can't really complain about $609 shipped to my door It is getting all welded up/installed tomorrow.
awesome... let us know how the install goes and of course what it sounds like
Old 10-16-2006, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As requested. . . begin fondling my car with your eyes

It doesn't sound as good as it does driving because when in park it doesn't let you rev past 3500, but it gives you an idea:
Old 10-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

Eddie,

How is inside resonance when you are cruising, when you are accelerating, and when you are cruising long uphill?
Old 10-16-2006, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

With the windows up you can hardly even notice it inside. . . unless you really mash on it.

It is wonderful!! I wanted something that was growly outside, but quite inside. It fits the bill!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:58 PM
TECH Regular

what about when it switches to 4cyl mode, what does that sound like?
Old 10-16-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Kind of like a helicopter, but you have to listen very carefully, at normal crusining with the blower on low you can't even hear the exhaust.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Got my system yesterday from Summit Racing Equipment for a lot less. You need to call because it's not on the website yet. Drop shipped from the factory.

Installed easily on my Monte Carlo SS in about an hour, sounds meaner than stock, but nothing like the GMMG on my Camaro SS (I usually keep the 6-speed in 2nd or 3rd when in town just to hear the exhaust).

The cars should have come from the factory louder to let everyone know the V8's are back. This system should satisfy your audio needs (my fam kept making comments about how they couldn't hear me pull into the drive, so I needed to change that!!!).

Quality is first rate, high polish mufflers and tips, a very nice system for the $$$!

Raining here yesterday, all I did was spin the tires even rolling, can't tell if it added any power, but well worth the sound!

I'm not a big fan of the car's 4 Cyl mode, but you can't really tell a difference in sound inside the cabin at highway speeds. (I haven't seen a use for the DOD, as I only go from 22 mpg in 8 cyl mode to 24 in 4 cyl mode). Anyhow, that's what the nice stereo is for on these cars, not like the "500 watt Monsoon" in the Camaro, where you need a good exhaust system to listen to something.

Last edited by Kazmaniac; 10-17-2006 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I do have to say take it somewhere and get the thing welded up. . .you will be glad you did in the end, unless you plan on taking it off someday.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree - mine shifted twice (maybe I didn't have it clamped hard enough). I will let it settle a few weeks before I get it welded, as I like to have it "square" before it's permanent.

BTW - You can still drop it down after it's welded, as there's no rear axle in these cars to get around.

Last edited by Kazmaniac; 10-17-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you insist in clamping, at least tack all the pipe together so they don't move or rotate.

I said screw the clamps and just welded the whole thing up.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Kazmaniac
Got my system yesterday from Summit Racing Equipment for a lot less. You need to call because it's not on the website yet. Drop shipped from the factory.
Kaz, did you pay the $725 now showing at Summit's site?

www.PerformancePeddler.com has it for $528 when you enter promo code "GOOGLE4E" and free shipping
Old 10-24-2006, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yah, paid 609 for mine shipped. . . . but I also had it before anyone else that I know of. . . muuuhaaahaaa
Old 10-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Teching In

New poster here!!!

Buffalo, I just ordered the system from performance peddler. I even called them up to confirm and make sure it was legit. $528 shipped seems like a steal to me. They dont have it stock but will drop ship from the factory. Should be here next week sometime.

So kazmaniac, you installed yours yourself? How hard was it? Is this something a guy should be able to do in his driveway with a couple of ramps? I wanna try to do it myself and save a few bucks and take it down and get it welded later at the local exhaust. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It cost me $65 including the new gasket to get it installed/welded at a local shop; just take it somewhere and get it done right.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
Kaz, did you pay the $725 now showing at Summit's site?

www.PerformancePeddler.com has it for $528 when you enter promo code "GOOGLE4E" and free shipping
Sorry BuffaloSS, I was on the road the past few days.

I paid $537 out the door. Where is it on the site? I use the sort by model feature, and it's not listed. BTW - Summit has always been very good to me.

edit - found it on the site w/ a P/N search ... looks like a generic placeholder. I had to call them, they work on commish over there. $500 for 5 minutes of work in one phone call hits the bottom line!!!

Last edited by Kazmaniac; 10-26-2006 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by maintainin
New poster here!!!

Buffalo, I just ordered the system from performance peddler. I even called them up to confirm and make sure it was legit. $528 shipped seems like a steal to me. They dont have it stock but will drop ship from the factory. Should be here next week sometime.

So kazmaniac, you installed yours yourself? How hard was it? Is this something a guy should be able to do in his driveway with a couple of ramps? I wanna try to do it myself and save a few bucks and take it down and get it welded later at the local exhaust. Thanks.
Welcome!

I jacked my car up, used a 15mm 1/2 drive wrench and cracked the bolts from the cat pipe with no prob. Then I sprayed the hangers with WD40, and dropped the system, total time was less than 5 minutes. Stock system sits on ground, just slide it out of the way.

Next, hang the resonator pipe, then follow down the line. Engineering did their homework, stuff lined up well. When all parts are hung, start clamping from front to rear, double and triple check as you go. When your satified with the alignment, tighten the clamps like a *****. I actually used my impact but I stopped well short of any pipe damage.

The only thing I had to change is I cut one inch off the tails to get them to flush-mount inside the rear bumper, otherwise to me it didn't look right. I'm thinking I will cut another 1/2 off to deal with the expansion, then have the system welded up. I also opted to buy new flange bolts from the local AutoZone instead of using the factory ones - I couldn't get them to tighten up w/o spinning.

On an easy scale, it was super easy, as easy as changing the oil, easier than rotating tires.

I haven't ever used ramps, because my '80 Z28 pushed them away. Does anyone know if ramps work in the front and rear? Sure seems allot easier, what about safety?

Last edited by Kazmaniac; 10-27-2006 at 01:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Free MagnaFlow exhaust system