LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Free MagnaFlow exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 11:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed mine today then drove it down and got it welded up for $20. After reading some of the posts here before putting it on I was somewhat surprised at how "loud" it is at idle and low speeds. Doesn't compare to the SLP Loud Mouth on my LS1 Z28 but is still good.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Staging Lane

Oxidizer:
Your PM box is full so here's the message I attempted to send:

I was just wondering if the GXP exhaust ('06) was finished yet. Someone at clubgp.com had called Magna Flow and was told it wasn't available. However, HERE is a link showing Magna Flow's system installed. Any help/info with this would be appreciated.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone have a couple close-ups of the Magnaflow exhaust tips on an Impala from some different angles?

Last edited by Mark IXZD 150; 12-01-2006 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

Here's a pic and vid of EddieMoney's ride from NAIOA (Impala Website)...The tips are a little large IMO:

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...t=MVI_4925.flv
Old 12-03-2006, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here are some more pics. . .

Personally I like the size. They fill out the bumper cutouts well

Old 12-25-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Noticed my MF system is right on the edge of being "loud" this past weekend during a trip we took.

The system has 11K miles on it now, sound to me is dead on for the car, but won't intimidate anyone yet.

Maybe I won't remove the resonator after all.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

After a couple thousand miles the MF definately gets louder.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by eddiemoney
After a couple thousand miles the MF definately gets louder.
Having never had a truly loud exhaust on any of my cars, i'd have to agree with you guys. This is definitely loud. I'm kicking myself for not getting the Bose system when i bought it.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

lol you guys and your loud pipes...
Old 12-27-2006, 07:55 AM
TECH Addict

Did anyone have any trouble with the "Y" making the right bends around the spare tire well? I haven't fine-tuned the fit, but right now i'm getting all sorts of clunking b/c the 2.5" piping wants to hit the heat shields and such...and i don't think i can do anything to keep it away. Any bump i hit results in clunking. I guess i could try to screw some pieces of a rubber hangar to the heat shield where it happens most, but besides that, i don't know what to do.

Oh, yeah...and the wife absolutely hates it to the point where she may never choose to drive it unless it's absolutely necessary. Yeah, that's good and all...but i guess i'll be doing a lot of shopping on my own from now on. I hope it tones down a bit when i install the P/S tip which is currently being worked on by Midas...maybe that will make it a bit bearable for her. I really hate shopping when it's not for my car.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
Did anyone have any trouble with the "Y" making the right bends around the spare tire well? I haven't fine-tuned the fit, but right now i'm getting all sorts of clunking b/c the 2.5" piping wants to hit the heat shields and such...and i don't think i can do anything to keep it away. Any bump i hit results in clunking. I guess i could try to screw some pieces of a rubber hangar to the heat shield where it happens most, but besides that, i don't know what to do.

Oh, yeah...and the wife absolutely hates it to the point where she may never choose to drive it unless it's absolutely necessary. Yeah, that's good and all...but i guess i'll be doing a lot of shopping on my own from now on. I hope it tones down a bit when i install the P/S tip which is currently being worked on by Midas...maybe that will make it a bit bearable for her. I really hate shopping when it's not for my car.
If you take a look at the MCSS / Imp system, there is a lot of float built into it from the factory. Something like 2" hangars that are suspended on pins. I have a feeling that clunk noise you've had in the past is your exhaust system hitting the shielding. A easy way to check is to look for bright metal in that area.

I had a small BSR issue when I hid the clamp that connects the Y with the pipe after the resonator, the clamp bolt was hitting the shield. Had to rotate it so the bolt was visible from the side.

You can manipulate the system by leveraging the mufflers up or down and side to side, as well as not inserting the driver side muffler assy all the way in the pipe. I just lightly clamp the system, then push it into position and then clamp it tight.

My mufflers hang straight down from the body mounts, but all vehicles are not always assembled "true".

Your wife's issues will go away when you put the tail on your car. It will allow the sound to exit at the end of your car, not underneath it and bounce around. If not, you have achieved true "guy car" status w/ your Imp if the wife or G/F won't ride in it.

(that also "naturally happens" after a few years of marriage anyway )
Old 12-27-2006, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Well, i got the other tip from the shop and BOY did it quiet down. I almost prefer the no tips...although i will be nice and compromise by leaving it alone now.

I haven't had time to get under there and adjust the whole thing, but i'll get to it. In order to make the right side tip line up with the cutout i had to move the muffler out on the "Y" about 1"...but b/c it's a "Y" and not a "T" it also pushed the tips out another 3/4" from the bumper. Oh well, i'll be tinkering with this for a while, i can already tell.

However, i better get this welded up soon before i come out one morning to find the tails (and maybe mufflers) are gone!
Old 12-27-2006, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, I had to cut off a 1/2" or 3/4" from my tails 'cause they stuck out from the rear valance. Looked like crap on the MCSS's square back end.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

Mine look like jetpacks right now I need to make some serious adjustments. I found some Magnaflow tips (see the other thread) that are comparable to the MBRP ones i showed you, and they're only 10" long (but 3" ID)...I actually think the 3" ID will help me to set them farther back (towards the muffler) on the tailpipe and therefore be workable.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:05 AM
TECH Addict

Just to let you all know, i'm at a whopping 8.1mpg right now Granted, i'm usually at 11-12 with all hard City driving...tons of stopsign-to-stopsign driving with moderate acceleration...but i'm hoping someone accidentally reset the AVG. ECON gauge while driving.

I'm going to fill up today and reset the DIC, but this is not a good sign. I haven't even been any worse on her than i usually am. I think it's time to take off the K&N and go back to stock for the winter It's been around freezing here and i don't think i need any cooler air than what the stock would give me.

Also, taking off the K&N will allow me to take it into the dealer (again) to have them check it out. I'll also try cleaning the MAF before i completely remove the K&N.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

I called MagnaFlow last week and complained about the two left tips. They overnighted a new set of Left & Right tips and don't want anything returned. Now i've got a spare set of tips i don't even like LOL I'm glad they didn't want anything returned, as i had already had the second Left tip re-welded for the right side.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Banned

I got my Magnaflow 16723 at MagnaflowPlanet.com for $513.43 and Free Shipping. They had the best price I could find and still have a valid warranty. Heres the link http://magnaflowplanet.com/product.p...uctid=6188?tw2
Old 12-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Launching!

sry about pic its the only way i could get it to fit but those are either 4-1/2-5inch tips from what the guy that put them on told me
Attached Thumbnails Free MagnaFlow exhaust system-new-exhaust-004.jpg   Free MagnaFlow exhaust system-new-exhaust-001.jpg  
Old 06-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
Kaz, did you pay the $725 now showing at Summit's site?

www.PerformancePeddler.com has it for $528 when you enter promo code "GOOGLE4E" and free shipping
buffaloss i went to that site and when i typed in the code it raised my price, do u know anywhere else where i can get that exhaust system for that price?
Old 06-17-2008, 08:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by djcls4
buffaloss i went to that site and when i typed in the code it raised my price, do u know anywhere else where i can get that exhaust system for that price?
IDK. It's pretty old...but I'm sure you can get it for around that price elsewhere. Try "CLUBGP" at PP and see what that does.

EDIT: "CLUBGP" got it down to $610. You can call SummitRacing or somewhere else and tell them that you're looking for the best deal and can get it at PP for $610. Remember that while it's free shipping there too (summit), they charge a "handling fee" of $10, so factor that in your cost as well.

Quick Reply: Free MagnaFlow exhaust system