LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

SS remote srart.. grumbles..

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow I'd like to give the electrical engineer who put that Xmas tree plug to be used as a ground a thing or 4. I decided to take down my garnish moulding and I halfway craked the the damn clip mount....Now I'm really pissed. I pryed off the xmas tree plug and the head of that broke off and went flying across the street.....Now theres just tree bark in the hole!! I pull it out with the pliars and more of it breaks off! So I just push the damn thing through and it falls into oblivian.....Time to find a bolt that will fit....out of all the zillions of boltzzzzz I have none are big enough with a self tapping thread....No I gott wait till the morning to get one all while my moulding is drying..I bet it will break again when i put if back up.......My head liner squeaks.....
Old 01-10-2008, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Count of Monte Carlo
.......My head liner squeaks.....
Mine had a BSR also - found that the foam block that the velcro strip is attached to had broke away from the headliner.

I removed it until spring, then I will hot melt it back on.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Teching In

well i have no real updates but did call the dealer to price stuff. the antenna is 35 bucks, RCDLR is 97 bucks,and new remotes are 107 bucks. I asked if the new RCDLR came with the new programming and the answer was no and that i would have to have it reflashed so i asked if i could just use the old one and have it reflashed but they said they cant reflash the stock one?????????? I'm going to try the antenna and see if that works before i buy the new remotes and RCDLR. I did find a guy on ebay that has the remotes and RCDLR new for 50 bucks so i might just buy those. Has anyone installed the new revised antenna that you cut the stock one off by the glass?
Old 02-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Teching In

I appreciate all the good data in this thread. My 07 had TPS light issues and no range on the remotes whatsoever and last night, the remotes quit working completely until a door was opened. I took it to the dealer expecting the "we don't know what it is" reply like I got when I brought it in for the TPS light after I bought it. They installed a new antenna cable, RCDLR, new remotes, and improved the ground. I'm impressed. They had it for about 3 hours. Everything works as it should now.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

Glad you got it taken care of.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:50 AM

Thanks everyone for the good stuff in this thread. Using the information I found here I was able to go to the dealer last night, explain the problem with my remote start/remote entry and they promptly ordered the parts - and will install them under warranty. Never have i had such an easy experience explaining a problem to a dealer.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Regular

Don't get too excited, had dealer replace mine and it still works like ***.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:31 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

then they installed something wrong... heh..

had mine replaced over a year ago, and it still works better than new...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 10-15-2009, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey guys anybody know which is the most updated service bullentin for the remote start issue? document #? Thanks in advance!
Old 09-10-2011, 10:11 PM

I just bought a GM Certified 2006 Chevy Impala I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.Thought maybe I just needed new batteries in the keychains guess I was wrong.I wonder if the 12 month warranty covers this.Would be nice to start the car from the house with the Minnesota winter coming soon.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:36 PM

Default staying calm

OK, so I called the dealer that sold me the car which is about 30 miles away from me and they said it would be covered under the 12 month warranty.Then I called my "in town" GM certified Dealer and he tried to tell me the very short range is normal BS.I mentioned what I read here about replacing the receiver and antenna and he said it would be a modification and it might not be covered under the 12 month warranty.So I just made a call to GM and they said it would be covered "if the dealer thinks it is a defective part" but she also told me it should work from at least 100 feet away so I think if it only works from 5-10 feet away it's a defective part right????Well I'll find out on Wednesday...
Old 09-14-2011, 12:45 PM

Yep, just as I though GM certified dealer said "The Part is NOT defective" and it would not be covered under warranty...GM said the same thing...I don't know if it doesn't work as described in the owners manual I would think it's a "defective part"except for this, I really like this car so far I just hope this isn't a long 60 months of CRAP...
Old 09-14-2011, 02:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by beerbelly918
Yep, just as I though GM certified dealer said "The Part is NOT defective" and it would not be covered under warranty...GM said the same thing...I don't know if it doesn't work as described in the owners manual I would think it's a "defective part"except for this, I really like this car so far I just hope this isn't a long 60 months of CRAP...
Find a different GM Dealer. Our Impala had the same problem when we bought it Certified Used, and they fixed it under warranty. If it's like our car, it will need a new mainboard, antenna and key fobs.

Quick Reply: SS remote srart.. grumbles..