LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

07 impala SS with dioblo sport?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 10:13 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
Well, it's nice to hear good reviews on this unit...seeing as how a few of us should be receiving one over the next few days.
So, did anyone get theirs yet and start playing??

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-09-2007, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope. CORNY should be getting his today...the rest of us Monday or Tuesday. Doesn't matter to me, i'm still without my ****ing car!
Old 03-09-2007, 10:51 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yeah, been posting to/with Corny over at diablosport.com's forums - gettin' him squared away on what to download from the site and stuff.

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...iewtopic&t=467

What are they still doing to your car??

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 03-09-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
yeah, been posting to/with Corny over at diablosport.com's forums - gettin' him squared away on what to download from the site and stuff.

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...iewtopic&t=467

What are they still doing to your car??
Still waiting on special parts for the Keyless Entry system update. For some reason, they never got some adapter(s) that was supposed to come in the kit and it's now on national backorder...lucky for me It never fails...no matter what the problem is, it's never fixed the first time or within the expected amount of time. It went in for the power steering line, which was, of course, on backorder. I had them do the keyless at that time too...and then they found this issue
Old 03-10-2007, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

Hey 06MonteSS;
Have been reading you posts on the Diablo "tuneable" parameters of the Predator (injector slopes, ltft's, the power enrichment, ect.) with much interest. I have the Predator for my MCSS as well but haven't tried to do any of the logging of my cars performance and changing of any of the parameters yet (probably cuz I haven't sat down yet to try to figure out how this whole thing works), and have been trying to gague from your posts how happy you are with the manual changes you have been making over the stock tunes the unit comes with. I have never claimed to be the coldest beer in the fridge and sometimes am a bit slow on the uptake, so let me just ask you this in black and white. Have you seen a very "noticable" increase in performance with the manual changes you have made vs. the canned tunes the Predator comes with that make it worth the time to go thru all the things it takes to do the "modifications" or are the canned tunes just about as good as anything? Don't get me wrong, don't mind going thru the stuff to find that extra performance, just want to make sure it's going to be worth it first.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

X2

Good ? gulfstreamcpt...

-Mike
Old 03-11-2007, 08:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yes, very noticable changes over the canned tune - better/quicker throttle response, pulls harder, accelerates faster, better gas mileage.

do some logging and see where your ltft's are at, then we can go from there.

you'll want to monitor air/fuel ratio, Commanded throttle position, engine speed, long term fuel trims bank 1, short term fuel trims bank 1, Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1, total knock spark retard.

When logging, you want to drive at normal/cruise speeds.

After you do a log or 2, if you want - post a link to the log and I can take a look at it for ya.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

Hey 06MonteSS;
Thanx for the response. I will be anxious to see the difference "customizing" these tunes does. Thought they were pretty good right out of the tuner, but if there's better to be had I'm all for it!!! I will most likely take you up on your offer to take a look at my logs when I can get them posted and to get your advice on what is best to do from there; sure appreciate your offer. Now, just hope I didn't drink those brain cells away that I need to figure out that logging procedure.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
So, did anyone get theirs yet and start playing??
I got an e-mail from UPS stating mine was rescheduled due to a train being late (never heard that one before). It's supposed to come Monday, but I'm out of town all week for work so I can't do anything with it until next weekend This is gona be one long week waiting for next weekend....
Old 03-12-2007, 08:23 AM
TECH Addict

Sorry to hear that PGB...I won't be getting mine until tomorrow. And like i said before, i'll be able to look at it...that's about it...until i get my car back.

Hmmm...i wonder if i can load a tune into the Uplander i have and fry the PCM so that i can get a new car.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:17 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Old 03-12-2007, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

I still don't know why someone in Boston got theirs from Cali before i got mine in WNY... I swear, if i can get s**t on, it happens, no matter what!
Old 03-12-2007, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

06MonteSS what do you adjust to change the LTFT?I looked on diablo's website and they said
Positive long term fuel trims For a positive value you subtract that value in percent in the predator injector slope. It is also recommended to lean both fuel tables by the same percentage.I know the injector slope part but what fuel tables? I drove just like they said and got a average of 11.72LTFT so I would go -12% right?
Old 03-12-2007, 03:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

DAMN!! 11.72 is high - you're running lean... You need to adjust the injector slope - it's under the modify menu - injectors or injection system I think it is - then when you go in there there's injector slope.

I would go -6% to start - drive for a couple days and then take another log and see where you're at. you want to get between -2 and +2.

like I mentioned in another thread, if you go too much, you'll make yourself too rich, which will affect your engine load and thus the tranny response/shifting - making it bog and lose power.

get those dialed in first then we can talk about the PE fueling.

EDIT: oh, before starting to log, make sure your car is up to operating temps first - drive for 20 mins or so and then start to log.

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 03-12-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kpssmonte
I drove just like they said and got a average of 11.72LTFT so I would go -12% right?
You running a CAI or other Intake? Stock?
Old 03-12-2007, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

K&N replacement filter thats all.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

wow, and it's running THAT lean?? damn... even with my CAI mine was only around +7 ltfts.

Interesting... I should have done a log first with the stock box and drop-in filter I had in there...

Old 03-12-2007, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

EDIT: oh, before starting to log, make sure your car is up to operating temps first - drive for 20 mins or so and then start to log.
I drove a good 30 min then did a log and it was high so 5 mins later I did another one on a flat straight road in cruise control at 55mph and got a steady 11.72LTFT.

I will do what you said and get it in,I just installed the no dod tune about an hour before the log so I don't know if that would make a difference.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yeah, it could. drive for a day or two and do another log and see where the ltft settled in at.

what parameters are you logging?

Old 03-12-2007, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

what parameters are you logging?
I did a full log of all parameters.

Quick Reply: 07 impala SS with dioblo sport?