LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

LS4 4-cyl mode SOUNDS LIKE S%$@

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think 100,000 warranty started from 07 models....

Originally Posted by SS_Black_Attack
(where I have a 100,000 bumper-to-bumper)?
Old 09-14-2007, 08:25 PM
TECH Regular

I paid a little extra for a 5yr/100,000 warranty for my '06 then they make it standard for the '07, f'in GM. It isn't bumper to bumper though.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:08 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SS_Black_Attack
Ok, I have to check on Monday, but doesn't the Diablo VOID your warranty(where I have a 100,000 bumper-to-bumper)?

I was told the computer stores all the tune changes. So when you take your car to the dealership their computer tells them you have reflashed your car(or so I am told).

But I need to see if I can have the mechanic disable the DoD without voiding the warranty.
nope... that's why you "restore original backup" when you go in for service.. this reloads the original GM/stock tune that was in your car when you first bought it.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 09-15-2007, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

3g's for my extended 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty
Old 09-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Teching In

OK yeah that's what I was thinking was the little surge I was feeling was the change from 4-8 cyl mode.

And before this car I had a WRX and was into that mod scene. I had a COBB tuner and with that as long as you restore your factory programming to the computer before you take it in for service they will never be the wiser.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sint3k
3g's for my extended 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty
I don't want to hurt your feelings, but you need to go BEAT the HECK out of that F&I manager that sold you that warranty! I know, I'm a F&I Manager, and at 3Gs for that warranty, let's just say, that man is still smiling from the profit he made off you!!!
Old 09-15-2007, 05:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yeah, exactly... I only paid about $1,150 for mine... GM Major Guard (the bumper-to-bumper one), $0 deductible...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 09-15-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:14 PM
TECH Resident

No ****???

I paid $2750 for my 75,000 warranty w/a $200 deductible. So I got screwed?

SSBlkAtck, I was thinkin' about canceling it and getting a refund, would you be able to give me some advice on doing that? So I can avoid any BS from the dealer. If you can, I'll shoot you a PM with specific questions I have. Thanks!
Old 09-15-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Regular

I think you have a limited time to cancel the extended warranty. I paid 2 grand and got a 5 year 100k with no deductible. I just looked in the warranty book, you have 60 days after you got it for a full refund then it is prorated.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:50 PM

Glad I got the 07 for the warranty, lol! I don't notice the 4-8 change at all during city or highway driving. Honestly the gas milage stays around 15.7 but thats all city and the car still only has 2.5K miles on it. Good thing about living only 1 mile from work haha.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

Unless you bought your car less than 6-months ago, and you have less than 12,000-miles, it would not be worth cancelling your warranty.

Warranties cost more money the older they are and the more miles they have on them. Right now, 2007 & 2008 models are the cheapest, followed by 2004-2006, 2002-2003, 2000-2001.

Cheapest warranties are on vehicles with 0-12,000, then it is broken down as follows, 12001-24000, 24001-36000. Anything with more than 36K or older than 2004 the minimum ded is $50.

But to give you an example, I typically sell a warranty at 100% profit, unless it is an GM Employee and then get it at 40% above cost. So if it costs me $840, I sell it at $1,680.

Oh, you 2007 guys... that 5-yr/100,000k DRIVETRAIN Warranty is limited! INTERNAL LUBRICATED PARTS ONLY!!! Injectors (NOPE - That is part of the Fuel System), Water Pump (NOPE - That is part of the Cooling System), Starter (NOPE- That is part of the Electrical System). So what does it cover? The Cam, Crankshaft, Lifters, Pistons, or any part lubricated with oil. So let me ask you, what do you think is more likely to break, an oil lubricated part or a Fuel, Electric, or Water system part? You got it, a fuel, water, or electrical part is more likely to fail, with the electrical system being the most likely of all.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Oh, you 2007 guys... that 5-yr/100,000k DRIVETRAIN Warranty is limited! INTERNAL LUBRICATED PARTS ONLY!!! Injectors (NOPE - That is part of the Fuel System), Water Pump (NOPE - That is part of the Cooling System), Starter (NOPE- That is part of the Electrical System). So what does it cover? The Cam, Crankshaft, Lifters, Pistons, or any part lubricated with oil. So let me ask you, what do you think is more likely to break, an oil lubricated part or a Fuel, Electric, or Water system part? You got it, a fuel, water, or electrical part is more likely to fail, with the electrical system being the most likely of all.[/QUOTE]

Limited or not, it's still better than the warranty offered a year earlier. Most of us here can handle changing a starter, altenator, or injector.
It's the internal engine parts, especially with the DOD that gets expensive and requires alot more knowledge and work to repair/replace. I can replace a couple sets of injectors, several alternators, and starters before I get close to your $1700 warranty. Nice sales pitch though.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mikeroot2
Limited or not, it's still better than the warranty offered a year earlier. Most of us here can handle changing a starter, altenator, or injector.
It's the internal engine parts, especially with the DOD that gets expensive and requires alot more knowledge and work to repair/replace. I can replace a couple sets of injectors, several alternators, and starters before I get close to your $1700 warranty. Nice sales pitch though.
DoD. EFM, ECM is not cover under the limited drivetrain warranty. Look, I buy the warranty (I have a 72/100,000 $0 ded) that I sell, because I believe in it! I also buy the warranty on TVs, Washer/Dryers, Dishwasher, etc. Do I use them... Yep, I have gotten my money's worth just about everytime. I take extremely good care of my cars, but I use them too! I drive a car fair hard. I don't drag race, but I like the power, and I use it. Why? I know whatever fails will be fixed - for FREE!
Old 09-17-2007, 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So is trans covered?
Old 09-17-2007, 06:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

What does the The Chevy 100,000-Mile Warranty include?
In general, the powertrain warranty covers the engine, transmission, transfer case and axle assemblies on light duty vehicles as indicated below:

* Engine
Cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, turbocharger, supercharger and all internal lubricated parts as well as manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer and engine mount, Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval.

* Transmission/Transaxle/Transfer Case
Case, all internal lubricated parts, torque converter, transfer case, transmission/transaxle mounts, seals, and gaskets.

* Drive Systems
Final drive housing, all internal lubricated parts, axle shafts and bearings, constant velocity joints and boots, axle housing, propeller shafts, universal joints, wheel bearings, locking hubs, front differential actuator, supports, front and rear hub bearings, seals and gaskets.

Is my vehicle covered from rust, too?
GM vehicles are designed and built to resist corrosion. All body and sheet metal components have a limited warranty against rust-through corrosion for 6 years/100,000 miles (whichever comes first). Application of additional rust-inhibiting materials is not required under the corrosion coverage and none is recommended. See your GM dealer/retailer for terms of this limited warranty.

source of info: http://www.chevrolet.com/warranty/fr...ked-questions/

Old 09-17-2007, 08:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
What does the The Chevy 100,000-Mile Warranty include?
In general, the powertrain warranty covers the engine, transmission, transfer case and axle assemblies on light duty vehicles as indicated below:

* Engine
Cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, turbocharger, supercharger and all internal lubricated parts as well as manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer and engine mount, Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval.

* Transmission/Transaxle/Transfer Case
Case, all internal lubricated parts, torque converter, transfer case, transmission/transaxle mounts, seals, and gaskets.

* Drive Systems
Final drive housing, all internal lubricated parts, axle shafts and bearings, constant velocity joints and boots, axle housing, propeller shafts, universal joints, wheel bearings, locking hubs, front differential actuator, supports, front and rear hub bearings, seals and gaskets.

Is my vehicle covered from rust, too?
GM vehicles are designed and built to resist corrosion. All body and sheet metal components have a limited warranty against rust-through corrosion for 6 years/100,000 miles (whichever comes first). Application of additional rust-inhibiting materials is not required under the corrosion coverage and none is recommended. See your GM dealer/retailer for terms of this limited warranty.

source of info: http://www.chevrolet.com/warranty/fr...ked-questions/
MIT with the links....very nice !
Old 09-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Staging Lane

wait, I don't think the Major Guard is bumper to bumper....
http://www.gmoutlet.com/gmpp.htm

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
yeah, exactly... I only paid about $1,150 for mine... GM Major Guard (the bumper-to-bumper one), $0 deductible...
For all,
Bumper to Bumper is still 3 yr/36,000 miles even with 07 or 08 models.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

as far as the GM extended warranties go, it is... it's the one that covers the most.

don't know of an "extended" warranty that is truly "bumper-to-bumper", covering items like a new car 3yr/36k b-2-b warranty does.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My warranty was a little higher because i don't have a deductable.... Makes it easyer for me on those trips where they go "we cannot duplicate" blah blah. It was a must in my situation.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by yuimyt
wait, I don't think the Major Guard is bumper to bumper....
http://www.gmoutlet.com/gmpp.htm

For all,
Bumper to Bumper is still 3 yr/36,000 miles even with 07 or 08 models.

Yeah I said that about 18 posts ago. Do they still offer a extended warranty on 07 models??